G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

alrite...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sahib
no i do have one yet...im jss trying to decide wat wud be the best option...the M3 is HOTT but expensie to mod. the G35 is also nice but not as expensive...but the m3 i like for...well obvious reasons. and its a drop top.

youre probably spoiled.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do it and save the $$$$$$

Old 02-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I am concern for this kid's safety. Even with a year or two driving he doesn't have enough experience to handle a RWD car with the type of hp that the G and the M is putting out. Kids around here die every year because their stupid parents buy them whatever they want and most of the time thats a new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang, etc.). When you get your car make sure you tell your parents to send your booty to professional driving school. Hopefully that will help you understand the dynamics and limitations of your car.

16 + driver liscense + RWD High HP Car = DEATH!

My future kids are all getting Volvos!

Old 02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
^^Agreed 100%.

Buy a FWD car and learn how to drive before you get a 333hp RWD sport car.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TRIG
I am concern for this kid's safety. Even with a year or two driving he doesn't have enough experience to handle a RWD car with the type of hp that the G and the M is putting out. Kids around here die every year because their stupid parents buy them whatever they want and most of the time thats a new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang, etc.). When you get your car make sure you tell your parents to send your booty to professional driving school. Hopefully that will help you understand the dynamics and limitations of your car.

16 + driver liscense + RWD High HP Car = DEATH!

My future kids are all getting Volvos!
Ummmm, I started on a 96 trans am and never got into an accident. It didn't take a month or to figure out how to drive it effectively, so I frankly think you're out of your mind. Don't be jealous of kids with nice cars. I had a number of friends in college with brand new M3's and they had never gotten into an accident either. RWD is NOT hard to handle, and the G is NOT a high hp car. Stop being such a grandma!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:41 PM
sure

Old 02-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
Ummmm, I started on a 96 trans am and never got into an accident. It didn't take a month or to figure out how to drive it effectively, so I frankly think you're out of your mind. Don't be jealous of kids with nice cars. I had a number of friends in college with brand new M3's and they had never gotten into an accident either. RWD is NOT hard to handle, and the G is NOT a high hp car. Stop being such a grandma!!!

HAHAHA! I love reading your posts Boostedjustin.

Just because you didn't die in your P.O.S Trans AM doesn't mean it’s a good idea for every kid to get a high hp rwd car for their 16th birthday. The truth of the matter is people who have little driving experience should not jump into an E46 M3 (or G-coupe) because they will likely crash it. Whether they die or not has to do with their luck. Don't believe me? Go to any insurance website and fill out a mock insurance quote for a 16 year old with an E46 M3 (2001-2006). FYI, over at the M3 forum some kid was about to get a M3 (his parents would buy it for him) but found out his premium would be $4000/per year.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...147346&page=27

Gee whiz, I wonder why it is that high...hmmmm...? This is a wild guess but maybe the insurance companies have seen the statistics and agree with my assessment …again that’s just a wildly conjectural guess.

My concern for the kid's safety has nothing to do with jealousy but more to do with a high value on human life.

You actually think I am jealous of a 16 year old in an E46 M3? Maybe I should sell my brand new condo and 06 G coupe and get a Ferrari F430, BMW M5, and Porsche 911 Turbo and make all the 16 year olds in their M3 jealous. What do you think?

Old 02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
alrite guys, calm down. first, i know im 16 and i am very lucky getting a nice car, lots of people cant afford that but i am not a B!TCH about it. My dad lost everything he had in 2002 and started all over so i kno what its like to not have money and spend all the time. now hes bak on his feet. Second, i know the MOST 16 year olds are reckless drivers but assuming that all of them are like that you're mistaking buddy. I've driven cars you cant even imagine driving so dont need to tell me i cant drve. any idiot can hit the gas but it takes skill to be good...and fyi, i am getting a cheap cars for a couple months so i can perfect manual tranny, but plan on getting smg for m3 or 6mt in the g35...

Last edited by sahib; 02-27-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Sahib, i agree with you.. i was in the same situation as you 3 years ago. However, it all comes down to you maturity. As the phrase goes "With a lot of power comes great responsibility" so just make sure you know what you are doing at all times. There are always going to be people who are going to try to justify the fact why you should or should not have the car, but now-days everyone has a "stereotype' for teenagers or young kids driving nice car. I did not fit in this stereotype while always heard crap about it due to hate or concern, it doesnt matter.. again it all comes down to you.. your level of maturity, so as long as you value your life, others life and drive responsibly.. no one should be able to tell you that you should not have this car at this age.. Good luck.

And oh yeah, i would pick the m3

Old 02-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by sahib
alrite guys, calm down. first, i know im 16 and i am very lucky getting a nice car, lots of people cant afford that but i am not a B!TCH about it. My dad lost everything he had in 2002 and started all over so i kno what its like to not have money and spend all the time. now hes bak on his feet. Second, i know the MOST 16 year olds are reckless drivers but assuming that all of them are like that you're mistaking buddy. I've driven cars you cant even imagine driving so dont need to tell me i cant drve. any idiot can hit the gas but it takes skill to be good...and fyi, i am getting a cheap cars for a couple months so i can perfect manual tranny, but plan on getting smg for m3 or 6mt in the g35...
Like what?

and in case you are wondering, since you have driven nice cars in the past year doesnt mean you know how to drive.

Statistically, 99% of 16 year olds highly overestimate their driving skill level and it doesnt sound much different for your case. Hell I was stupid when I was 16, I just thank god my first car wasnt some high hp sports automobile.

Treat her nice and watch out for other jealous kids at your school, cars get keyed all the time at highschools

Old 02-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Ok stop with all the "hes Spoiled" thinks I had a G coupe an M3 SMG Vert a Porsche Cayenne S and paid for all those my self So just back off the kid. Stop hating on him just because his family can give him something nnice FYI im only 20 and have owned around 10 G-coupes from the time i was 18 and didnt wreck one so. Sahib also DO NOT get the SMG it was the biggest mistake i ever made go 6MT all the way with the M3 and dont be like your friends lol The reason i have owned these cars is because i own an auto wholesale company with my brother

Old 02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by CERTAUTOG35
Ok stop with all the "hes Spoiled" thinks I had a G coupe an M3 SMG Vert a Porsche Cayenne S and paid for all those my self So just back off the kid. Stop hating on him just because his family can give him something nnice FYI im only 20 and have owned around 10 G-coupes from the time i was 18 and didnt wreck one so. Sahib also DO NOT get the SMG it was the biggest mistake i ever made go 6MT all the way with the M3 and dont be like your friends lol The reason i have owned these cars is because i own an auto wholesale company with my brother
Owned 10 g-coupes M3, vet, smg, porsche,in 2 years. New $30,000+ car almost every month eh? Come on, get real. Your rediculas statements aren't helping the case for you younger members. I hope ur kidding and I'm missing the sarcism and humor.

To answer original question, m3 all day, no brainer.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
everyone bak off my friend (sahib). he's a good driver....so everyone stop b!itchin jus cause ure parents didn't have the cash to buy you a nice car......i was 16 wen i got my car now im bout be 18...am i dead? no...have i ever crashed? not even close...so stop bein so stereotypical... not all 16 year olds are stupid...some of u of might of been...but thts your fault...jus my .02....oh and get the g!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by bryanmac
Owned 10 g-coupes M3, vet, smg, porsche,in 2 years. New $30,000+ car almost every month eh? Come on, get real. Your rediculas statements aren't helping the case for you younger members. I hope ur kidding and I'm missing the sarcism and humor.

To answer original question, m3 all day, no brainer.
Actually you dumba** if you read it i also said that i own an auto wholesale company with my brother so yea im dead serious and if you would like ill send you pictures of all the cars. Thats what happens when you and your brother put your money in cars and your family owns a cardealership and you have been in the business your entire life so dont make stupid a** comments unless you read everything completely and know what it is that you are talking about

Old 02-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin

+1000

I started on a '95 5.0 Mustang I bought when I turned 16 with $15,000 I had saved working in restaurants. My mom matched me $5,000 and I was able to walk away with no payments. I didn't even know how to drive a manual when I bought it, so my friend test drove it. I learned real quick and never hurt anybody or did anything that stupid in the process.

These cars nowadays are way safer, especially with the VDC. Any kid is better off getting a newer sports car than an older one. And don't hate on the kids whose parents can afford it. Hate on the kids who don't appreciate it and act like fools.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.