G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Wheel-Hop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You mean like how Nissan was in the complete dumper before it got bailed out by Renault? aka 1999-2002? When was the "new G" being developed?

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
yes i do, have both and don't get me started on mercedes. They weren't hitting their profit margins around 4 years ago and started using cheaper parts. I had a friend in a mercedes mechanic and he has been warning everyone away from their newer cars since he found out. Also if you look at their cars you can see visibly the change in quality over the years.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One. I was responding to an earlier thread, so it's not just me you want to scold mother. Two, I've experience wheel hop in the wet too, but only in the wet. I haven't heard of any g driver that i knew, that knows how to drive experience wheel hop in any other situation.
Nice. Knows how to drive? How many g drivers do you know can take the 6MT down the 1/4 in 13.7@102 with nothing more than a k&n and kinetix cats? I have. I've got over 150+ runs under my belt in the car, and I get wheel hop *all the time*.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes i do, have both and don't get me started on mercedes. They weren't hitting their profit margins around 4 years ago and started using cheaper parts. I had a friend in a mercedes mechanic and he has been warning everyone away from their newer cars since he found out. Also if you look at their cars you can see visibly the change in quality over the years.
yeh, Mercedes has really been going downhill with their cars lately, I mean, who would own an SLR, or that CLS thing?

Old 03-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by audio_file
yeh, Mercedes has really been going downhill with their cars lately, I mean, who would own an SLR, or that CLS thing?
not their super expensive cars!!! Of course they are making a killing off those. Also, look and feel the difference the sl550 (or 500) feel compared to their lower end cars and tell me i'm wrong.

Back to the wheel hop issue, do some research and figure out what wheel hop is first. I've done mine (and confirms what i already knew) and can say that the G (stock) should never wheel hop on dry pavement. Secondly if a G is modded and is pulling out more power, the suspension setup is probably off and that's why you're experiencing wheel hop. Therefore, I can say, that wheel hop is not the car's fault, it's the driver's/modders (excluding ff cars here). That's it for my input, and I'm out, since this thread is getting a little out of control in here.

Last edited by Picus; 03-27-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned
Angry

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
You mean like how Nissan was in the complete dumper before it got bailed out by Renault? aka 1999-2002? When was the "new G" being developed?
bailed out by renault? Renault is owned by the same man whom owns Nissan.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you idiot!!! not their super expensive cars!!! Of course they are making a killing off those. Also, look and feel the difference the sl550 (or 500) feel compared to their lower end cars and tell me i'm wrong.

Back to the wheel hop issue, do some research and figure out what wheel hop is first. I've done mine (and confirms what i already knew) and can say that the G (stock) should never wheel hop on dry pavement. Secondly if a G is modded and is pulling out more power, the suspension setup is probably off and that's why you're experiencing wheel hop. Therefore, I can say, that wheel hop is not the car's fault, it's the driver's/modders (excluding ff cars here). That's it for my input, and I'm out, since this thread is getting a little out of control in here.
Dude I got wheel hop when I was completely stock, on dry pavement.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Red Card Crew

Who thus owns Infiniti.

bailed out by renault? Renault is owned by the same man whom owns Nissan.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wheres the mods on this one, this thread should be closed

Old 03-05-2007, 05:31 PM
you idiot!!! not their super expensive cars!!! Of course they are making a killing off those. Also, look and feel the difference the sl550 (or 500) feel compared to their lower end cars and tell me i'm wrong.

Almost all of us have already said that this is a predominatly wet pavement issue, so thanks for re-stateing the obvious. When it comes to reasearch, not many of us who have done the "research" would come through sounding as uninformed as you have, so I apologize for not recognizing your high level of knowledge when it comes to modding cars, I should've guessed from you "sh**ty american suspension" comments that you were some sort of automotive guru.

Direct quote from www.renault.com
"On March 27, 1999, Renault surprised the world by taking control (36.8%, for €5 billion) of Japanese automaker Nissan, in bad shape but promising attractively complementary products and geographical coverage.
Renault's investment in cash and know-how (ably administered by Carlos Ghosn, whom Louis Schweitzer had appointed at the head of Nissan) would enable its new Japanese partner to recover in record time."
Sounds like "bailed out" 2 me . . . but I'm not a guru

Old 03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by audio_file
ResIpsa, my stillen sways and eibach prokit springs didn't make that much difference, I think it's really a matter of simple physics, any suspension that doesn't involve bolting the axles right to the frame is going to experience some up and down force, causing hop - maybe with the exception of top end coilovers (set sooo stiff that the street ride would be unpleasant) or the Kinetix replacement links . . .
I get you that it is never going away, and I have learned how to properly launch to minimize hop. But something or some set up that helps the problem would be invaluable for a lot of people on this board. Not to mention possible faster et's (and I will need all the help I can get if I line up next to Trey).

What's your experience with the Kinetix replacement links.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by ResIpsa
What's your experience with the Kinetix replacement links.
I wish I owned them, I've just lived with the wheel hop and tweaked other areas. Besides, because I hate wheel hop, my tires last longer

Old 03-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Red Card Crew

You guys migth want to try some spring blocks when you drag. Might help reduce the wheel hop.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Who thus owns Infiniti.
he acquired nissan first (or most of it's stock). He made A run at either purchasing tons of stock of either ford or GM but that deal fell through.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Red Card Crew

Uh what? First of all it's not a "he". It's Renault. And 2nd of all, if Renault owns Nissan, they AUTOMATICALLY own Infiniti.

he acquired nissan first (or most of it's stock). He made A run at either purchasing tons of stock of either ford or GM but that deal fell through.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 03-05-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Red Card Crew

Um yeah, I appreciate the offer but I don't go around asking other men to peform sexual acts on me.

Seriously though. Justin, you've been getting PWNED not only from me, but from everyone else in this thread. You need to read and learn vs spout whatever you THINK it correct. You're not even man enough to admit when your incorrect.

blow me little bitch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel-Hop