Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Just order my vanity plate----BMWBTR

one more?

153088-Mvc-005f.jpg

Old 12-11-2003, 04:40 PM

dahmer

When did I ever SAY that my G35 would run with an M3....someone please show me where i said this? I rememeber saying that my G35 plates are going to get attention from M3's. If i wanted to mess with an M3 I would have gotten myself a Z06 or a Supra.....or even an M3. I see no more prestige in owning an M3 over my G....if there was i would have bought one. I was actually praised for my decision not to go with one because i know three people (one who is a friend) who has one.

The point of my rambling is where did i say anything about hanging with an M3?

2003.5 G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Tire Wheel/Aero

Old 12-11-2003, 04:54 PM

Maybe you I should change the name of this thread to "How many M3 owners heads have i turned with my G"

or

"How many m3's can this 22yr old buy if he sold his 550k mortgage-less house that he owns"

Id hate to take this thread in the direction that dahmer wants to.

2003.5 G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Tire Wheel/Aero<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by sixone on 12/11/03 02:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did someone say "hostility!?", cuz now I'm here...I think this thread is coming close to being closed since we've moved slightly off topic and it's getting angry...Here's my take on this whole thing:

The M3 owner is being logical in assuming that sixone's plates are an indication that he thinks the G can take any BMW, as the plate is translated as "BMW Beater"...It doesn't distinguish between slapping around a 325 or 330 or M3, it just says BMW...On top of that, he also never called anyone a "bottom feeder" or attacked anyone, and I do recall him stating that he knows not to go after a TT-powered G or Z, which gives me enough of a reason to assume he's well aware of which FI options are available to the VQ35DE and what they can do for the G and Z...I love my G35 brothers and sisters, even the ones I argue with, but I respect M and Dinan...Yes, the M3 owner rubbed some of us the wrong way when he said that the M must be the benchmark of performance or some of us wouldn't hate it so much...Yes, he called one of us a clown for telling him here to go get an M3...But we all know that a lot of us make inflammatory comments (yay ME!) and this is just more of exactly that...It's always the same debates though: Japanese import enthusiasts hate Mustangs, Mustangs hate everything else, and the BMW owners think that if it ain't Bavarian it's crap...And please let's not go the "spoiled rich kid" route- that's a cop-out and not a valid point of debate, in my opinion...It's just a grating comment in lieu of being able to articulate a real point to put a BMW owner on the ropes

SOOOOOO, sixone, cool plates...Hope you don't get keyed...Dahmer, nice M3, but not many people here care...And "yay ME!" for another rambling post in the hopes of MAYBE cooling this off and getting back to the topic of vanity plates

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 12-11-2003, 11:10 PM

I should have went with LEXKLA or LEXBTR....less Lexus' out there that can handle the G

2003.5 G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Tire Wheel/Aero

Old 12-12-2003, 10:09 AM

Thank you, design studio!

Bringing this thread to a spoiled rich kid thread is stupidity. I was just defending BMW owners. With a plate like that what do you expect. You got the plate to get a rise out of BMW owners. I am just defending BMW since that plate is a false statment when it comes to alot of models of BMWs. I personally think a Performance packaged 330(sport package) will run right along side your so called BMW Beater. A Z4 will run along side. A 4.6 X5 SUV will be there as well. Not to mention the asswhooping a M3/M5 would impose on you. So basically that plate makes you a liar. Simple as that false statement just to get a rise out of people. Now that is exactly what I would expect out of a spoiled 22 year old with a 550k home with no mortgage. Now if I had a G35 beater plate no one would even look twice. Since it is well known that an M3 would kill a G35. I am done with this kiddie stuff.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:12 PM

hey wicked. LOL like the DMV really cares about the definition of the plate. They are so brain dead in there. Last time I went I actually had a nice conversation with the workers. I asked her a question and it was like she woke up and I couldn't shut her up after that.

shhh Don't mention Bush on the forum, you might **** someone off. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I learned my lesson under the "off topic" section.

sorry sixxer I liked reading peoples different definition of your plate.
I thought up " Big Man ***** by the road"
It's a Deuce Bigelow special

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 12-12-2003, 03:12 PM

LOL...

on topic: Give me the amount of the price difference between a new M3 and a 6MT G35c and I'll give you a G35c hooked up to spank the M3 right back to GERMANY. All done with the same price.

[wick] - [Blk/Blk G35c] - [Premium and Aero PKG]
[Q: what do I call my driveway?] - [A: the G-spot!]

Old 12-12-2003, 03:25 PM

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up...

Old 12-12-2003, 03:55 PM

I always thought BMW's looked like family cars anyway. Not nearly as sporty as the G35. If it was a purely looks competition, I think we all know the winner there. They always have that retro interior too, not very stylish. The M3 has great performance, but then again it should for that price.

2004 5AT, Brilliant Silver, Graphite Leather, Performance Package

Old 12-12-2003, 04:00 PM

sixone, it seems as if you're plate is working. Making people get envious =P, just like mine. as for you Dahmer.. First, don't call anyone rich spoiled kids. In the world today there are many young exec's today making the money. I personally know a kid w/ an SL600 + CLK 320 on brabus wheels, runs two seperate companies and works full time every day of the week. 21 years of age and no help from parents whatsoever. So don't assume...

Second, you are on the G35 forums.. that's right, obviously you have some interest in the car if you don't already have one.

Third, the G35 will spank any BMW in it's price class. Give me a Z4 and I'll spank its little ***, bring on the 325, 328, or even their older brother the 330, I'LL STILL SPANK ALL THEIR ASSES!

and like I said.. give me the price difference from an M3 and G35 and I'll get you an "M3 KILLER" G35.

[wick] - [Blk/Blk G35c] - [Premium and Aero PKG]
[Q: what do I call my driveway?] - [A: the G-spot!]

Old 12-12-2003, 04:55 PM

I personally like the M3 even though it's similar to the rest of the 3 series. it is different. it has a wider stance and looks mean.
But definetly for the price you can make your G35 way faster then the m3. If you have the 6mt

I've raced a few with my coupe and I wasn't amazed by how slowly it was kind of pulling away

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 12-12-2003, 05:09 PM

Of course you can make it faster with enough money. Hell you can make a Hyundai a killer with enough money. That is not a real argument since, I can take a 32k 03 Cobra and add 8k worth of mods and NO G35 would come close. even with 10k worth of mods!!! can a modded G35 run 11s? Or 10s?? NEVER! Lets compare apples to apples. An G35 coupe fully loaded is not in the same class as a M3. Now for the guy who said he would spank a 330??? I would like to see that. My buddy has a 03 330. With the sport package(m wheels, 6spd, a little extra HP. It ran 13.8 at Etown. Granny shifting. Plus he has no performance mods yet. Now last time I checked a G35 coupe runs about the same. and has 2 less doors. Now take a G35 sedan and try that same 330 and it would be embarrasing! The fact remains that the 2 cars(m3 vrs G35) are not in the same class. They are both nice, but not on the same level. Iknow this is a g35 forum and everyone here loves their ride, but realistically, the M3 is a finer machine. Yes, it cost more, but you get what you pay for. I think an E55 is a much finer car then my M3. And for the extra 25-30k i think it would be worth it. Would I dump 25-30k into my M3 so it would run against a E55??? Never!!! It is not worth it. if you want to dump 15k into your G35's so it will whip a M3, go ahead. I will just buy a better car before making mods like that.

Old 12-12-2003, 07:02 PM

NO way in hell a stock 330 will beat a stock G35C or Sedan. Show me one mag or track ticket that proves it.(assuming both drivers are of equal skill).

By the way his plate says "BMW Beater". That just means he can beat some BMW's not ALL Bmw's. I think you assume to much. He's obviously talking about BMW's in the same class.

BTW, when the 2007 GTR comes out you better watch out. There's a car in the same price range as an M3.

Old 12-12-2003, 07:16 PM

Umm...No G will ever run 11.0s? I'll take that as a challenge, and I accept

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just order my vanity plate----BMWBTR