G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crazy trans-am pass me fast, got to represent -G ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crazy trans-am pass me fast, got to represent -G ?

To fellow G- owners, tonight I do not know if I did the right thing but I think my man-ly hormones got the best of me. I was making a left to a 3 lane street, and at the other end waiting at the red light was a 2002 Pontiac trans-am. So I thought nothing of it and speed along going probably 60 in a 45MPH street. I was going at a steady speed for about 2 blocks and had to make a right then this *** in his trans-am pass me going probably 70mph and cuts right into my lane. Now there is changing lanes and there is blowing pass someone going so fast and cutting you off as to say hey my car is better than yours. Well, he did the blowing pass and cutting off. Then he made the slowest right turn in history. Now, I have not done anything to provoke a altercation here. After we both turn I was thinking twice about giving chase, then for some reason I decided to do so, now I'm 30 years old already and not a teenager anymore but for some reason I can not reason to myself to say just let that punk go. My 30 year old brain keep on saying I got to represent the G here. Now, I know the trans am is fast but this one from the rear only had a single tip at each end so I was not sure if it was a V6 or a V8 but he pulled pretty fast going to 70 and I was not able to gain any grounds on him. Anyways after I caught up to him he simply let me pass and then tailgated me, now I'm pretty **** right now because I have just wasted a half gallon of gas, wait, I actually just barely gotten gas and I was driving on a full tank, thats why the car felt kind of sluggish. After another block I decided to turn back because I past my distination just to run him. I really need some comforting here. Did I do the right thing by representing the G by giving chase or should I have just drive at my own pace and let that *** drive like a maniac ? By the way he was a 18 year old blonde male. I just needed to vent.

Peace.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Crazy trans-am pass me fast, got to represent -G ?

I feel ya pain man, there are some as$holes out here who think they can do whatever they want..I especially run into this with SUV's I guess they use the "bully" factor. Dont let em get to ya though..people are so petty these days that they will escalate the dumbest situation and overreact.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI

You got to remember it is not worth it if something should happen. Hopefully the 18 year old you ran into lerans too and gets to be 30 like you. The only way he may possibly learn is you not doing anything and he will think twice the next time.[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Andrew, We Miss and Love You!

Old 12-13-2003, 10:40 PM

I don't waste my time with anything domestic.

Old 12-14-2003, 01:23 AM

Oh yeah, I run into the Super Ugly Vehicle "attitude" a lot. When I see them in my rear view mirror I am constantly asking myself too, "does his brakes work?"

Old 12-14-2003, 12:12 PM

Was it that butt-ugly TA with the giant nostrils on the hood? Not only do those look like a monkey with two asses, but they are fast as hell (the WS6), and have single tip duals in the rear like you specify. 0-60 is like 5.1 and 1/4 mile is mid 13s. Don't bother, it would be like getting beat up in Junior high by a big fat girl.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 12-14-2003, 12:16 PM

I know the feeling. Ever since I got this car, I get people trying to race me all the time. As hard as it is, I just ignore them. If it was a single tip, it was a V6(some have dual tips, with peashooter looking tips), they are weak. Trust me I know, I had a '96 camaro v6 which was a decent car, but certainly not fast. My '01 camaro SS however was fast, and I guess people knew it, becuase I rarely got hassled, but once in a while I ran into punks like you describe, and everytime I spanked them I felt guilty for doing that on the street. I finally just ignored them. So, NO you didn't do the right thing, and should have just ignored them, but I know how hard it is not to, and I"m guilty of doing the same thing. Totally not worthing getting your car impounded for, or worse...an accident.

Old 12-14-2003, 12:48 PM

Haha...18 year old blond male in a t/a...that describes me perfectly when I got my first t/a
Now I'm a 26 yo blond male who is giving up his last '00 TA (actually a formula but the same car) because when you have those cars you do have TONS of acceleration but thats about it. The car accelerates a lot faster than the g...but's that about the only "sports car" those cars get...they are like the caprice classics of the sports car world...all wallowy and disconnected feeling.
Yeah...it could kill a g in a strait line but I won't miss my firebird ONE bit...you grow up and realize there are more things to expect from a car. So don't sweat it.

Old 12-14-2003, 02:11 PM

You can't tell late model V6 T/As from the V8s by the exhaust tips. The 3.8L V6 performance package comes with single-tipped duals, just like the WS6 V8. There are other differences however. Here's a pic of the V8 rear end.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

154425-Image1.jpg

Old 12-14-2003, 03:19 PM

check out this video.
http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/44044/goped.wmv

Old 12-14-2003, 04:44 PM

Yes, that picture is the one. Single tip at each end. He did pick up speed pretty fast but I think next time I'm just going to enjoy my "Wonderful life" and ignore them from now on.

Thank you all, my fellow g-owners for your support and talking some sense into me.

Happy motoring.

Old 12-14-2003, 08:26 PM

let's try this again. funny trans am video

http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/44044/test/goped2.wmv

Old 12-15-2003, 12:20 AM

That video was some funny Sh*t. Pretty interesting I must say.

Old 12-15-2003, 10:39 AM

Lol...that's not the typical rear end...that's the anaversery edition with the blacked out lower fica BUT those small polished exaust tips are indicative of a late model ta or formula with ws6 or "ram air" package which is basically just cai and a better exaust. Larger, unpolished oval fugly tips either indicate a standard ta or formula or a v6 with the performace pakage.
However, a fast ta or formula should have an aftermarket cat-back so tip size could vary...here are what the B&B tri-flow tips looked like on my recently departed v8...

154814-exsm.JPG

Old 12-15-2003, 04:20 PM

Dude don't waste your gas on the Trans-Am because he will rip you a new one everytime. BTW, if it was a Trans-Am, then it was a V8, Firebirds come in V6, but not Trans-Ams.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crazy trans-am pass me fast, got to represent -G ?