G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rubber Neckers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 11:15 PM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Rubber Neckers

Just curious who has given your coupes the second look. I had a 330ci pull up beside me and give me the thumbs up, he actually stopped to do this and last week a guy in a Jaguar stopped beside me and beeped to get my attention, mouthed "nice car". I drove into the garage this morning and my neighbors brother who was visiting him came over and asked if I would show him the car. He must have said "nice car" half a dozen times. This has been a good week!

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by telegramsam on 02/02/03 08:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-03-2003, 03:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rubber Neckers

Well lets see. I had a couple of guys in a riced out Honda Civic run up on me on the freeway when I was taking my aunt home one night (wanted to race), I had a Mustang GT pull up on me in Ventura last weekend (also wanted to race), Yesterday I had a Mercedes CLK 430 race past me and then slow down so I would pass him (traded positions for about 15 miles), then at the same time as the MB a Acura TL was running up on me and tried to pass. I've had quite a few people come and inquire about the G at gas stations and parking lots, they all seem to really like the car and that is great. I don't know, but maybe its the Caribbean blue that makes everyone want to race me. I'm usually just cruisin' down the freeway, I don't go too fast. Heheheheh, but I don't mind, it's an attention grabber.

2003 Coupe
Caribbean Blue 6MT Prem, Aero, Nav
Watch out!

Old 02-03-2003, 07:06 AM

had to tint the windows. to many people gauwking at me.
tom

Old 02-03-2003, 07:47 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey PPP, Gosh, you'd think these ppl had never seen a car b4. Can't stand all this attention[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Gsedanman's Coupe

Old 02-03-2003, 10:44 AM

Still haven't had one person try to race me yet...maybe it's becaue they can't catch me when I'm going 136mph... :-p

Old 02-03-2003, 01:59 PM

i definitely get second (even third and fourth looks).. sometimes on the street.. a lot when i'm going slowly thru parking lots.. the other day, i was at the guard gate of a residential subdivision.. the guard came out to get my name and license plate before letting me in.. he must've been in his 60's or so and didn't look like a car enthusiast or anything.. he must've said "that's a nice car" about 3 times before letting me into the gate.. couple weeks ago, i had a mailman ask me about it and how i liked it.. come to think of it, quite a few ppl have asked me that.. or asked what kind of car it was..
so far, haven't had any cute girls come up to me asking me about it though.. one of these days tho.......

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 02-03-2003, 06:48 PM

Sam, I had a great weekend for rubberneckers also.

I headed up to your fine city for the weekend and had the following incidents:

1. Stopped in Airdrie to fill up the tank. While I'm pumping gas at the Shell station this guy, who I'm going to guess was the owner/operator, comes out of the door and compliments me on the car and then asks if he can take a closer look. He does the full walk-around and then asks me if I don't mind telling him how much it was. I don't know why but this is at least the fourth or fifth time someone has asked me that question about this car.

2. Saturday night, walking back to my car sitting in the Boston Pizza parking lot on Jasper Ave and there was a 3 series BMW about to pull in right beside me. He sees us coming so he stops and rolls down his window and tells me how nice it looks. He says "260, right?" I tell him it's 280 hp and he says that he thought the Z was 280. I told him the Z was 287. All he could do was shake his head and mutter "Nice" I admit - that made my day.

3. To top it off, Sunday, coming back to Calgary I stopped in Gasoline Alley, Red Deer for a rest stop. I see the gas jockey staring as I pull in and when I finally get out he just nods head and with a very serious expression says "Nice"

I've never had a vehicle that receives this kind of attention so I find it kind of strange but I'm getting to the point where I'm expecting a comment/stare/question so I'm getting more used to it.

Silverstone G35C 6MT

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291004139

Old 02-03-2003, 07:11 PM

I've noticed a great deal of attention also. It was 70 here yesterday in Kansas so i drove the heck out of my car. I had a guy in a Vette, GS400, M3, Porsche, and even a few Zs tell me how nice my car was. It also goes really well with the chicks...hehe...that's always a plus.

SPIRITRACING@AOL.COM
<font color=red>@@.:':.:':.EAT MY DUST.:':.:':.@@</font color=red>

Old 02-03-2003, 09:54 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

tell them it costs 60 grand, that would be great, thanks

<font color=blue>-Rambo</font color=blue>
All your base are belong to us!

Old 02-03-2003, 10:02 PM

without me saying anything, my co-workers really thought it was 60 grand.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 02-04-2003, 10:30 AM

Well ... of course I don't know exactly where you's are from but .. YEAH .. it was 60 g's after tax!! . at least mine was!! ...
soo... yep ... we got ripped off ...
Joke..
Eh I went to change the color I ordered yesterday ..and now I have to wait till the end of may most likely ...
Thats sucks .. I nearly cried ...
Horrible.

Later G's