G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe
View Poll Results: What should i do?
Sue him
60.61%
Continue to fight it
30.30%
Suck it up and pay deductable (If you put this i will hunt you down too)
9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

:( i can't believe this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that especially in a tight spot like a gas station..Freakin ridiculous..Good luck with the insurance and repairs..Keep us updated.

-Vin

Old 05-09-2007, 04:28 PM
your car has en event data logger or something of the sort, you should be able to prove you were "stopped" and not moving, as for the other guy, his cell phone company should have a record with time and duration of call...
sounds like you should get ,or at least threaten this guy with legal action...

Old 05-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by new35
your car has en event data logger or something of the sort, you should be able to prove you were "stopped" and not moving, as for the other guy, his cell phone company should have a record with time and duration of call...
sounds like you should get ,or at least threaten this guy with legal action...
how exactly do i go about getting this off of my car?

are you guys being serious about getting a lawyer to sue him??? i'de be happy if i just get my baby back looking as she did before all this and just for himhis insurance to pay for everything.

I got some good lawyers (my buddies dad is one) but i think it would just be a hassle, if he's not fessing up then i'll hire one, but if he or his insurance covers it and the rental i think ill be fine.

I did speak with the gas station and looked, there were no cameras and the only witness theere was a guy in a truck who shot off when he saw it happen and i tried stopping him not to be a dick, but i hope the same happens to him if he gets into an accident. I've always stopped to offer myself as a witness because i know stuff like this happens.

oh well, pics should be up in 5 mins

Old 05-09-2007, 07:30 PM
i would beat his *** for denying fault. did you get a witness at least?

Old 05-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow that really sucks. Your car did beat up the Frontier pretty well though. I hope it isn't too bad to get it repaired. The guy sucks for not fessing up but people suck so it's to be expected. I do have to say though that the FMJ shine is really great.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:50 PM
ya, guy was an idiot, but he wouldnt accept the fact that its his fault. hopefully it will teach him not to talk on his cell phone. Im pretty sure i broke something near his radiator, a hose or the radiator itself cracked because all that stuff was his, my car i drove away while he got towed.

Thanks for the comment about the shine In person the car looks wretched now, anyone know if the front driver fender is going to be replaced??? i hope they just dont hammer it back down and repaint it...

ANY IDEAS ON BODY SHOPS IN ORANGE COUNTY????

Old 05-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
that sucks man fight it

Old 05-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by LIUser
ANY IDEAS ON BODY SHOPS IN ORANGE COUNTY????
M.O.B. Works
975 N. Batavia #C
Orange, CA 92867
(714) 633-9355

Ask for Miguel. Tell him Kurtis sent you.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:51 PM
^^thanks, ill take a look

Old 05-09-2007, 11:03 PM
damn dude that sucks, and from the last pic i see you did a great job detailing it too. I think the pics will def. help but you should also try to get witnesses preferably the gas station attnedants to help you win the case.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:24 AM
ouch that looked like it hurt, sue the hell out of that driver, Damn i just hate it when such a nice car is FU***** up by another sorry driver,

Old 05-10-2007, 10:51 AM
are you guys being serious about getting a lawyer to sue him??? i'de be happy if i just get my baby back looking as she did before all this and just for himhis insurance to pay for everything.

I got some good lawyers (my buddies dad is one) but i think it would just be a hassle, if he's not fessing up then i'll hire one, but if he or his insurance covers it and the rental i think ill be fine.
Like I said, there's no need to pay for a lawyer. That's what insurance companies are for. They have plenty of lawyers for this exact situation, when no one admits fault. You pay your insurance premium for a reason. Also, the insurance lawyers will fight tooth and nail to make sure the other person is at fault to make sure that your company doesn't end up paying for this.

You asked about the fender, it looks like an initial estimate (esp from an insurance company estimate) will call for a repair and not to replace it. Also, be ready for the estimate to call for a "reconditioned" (i.e. used) bumper and possible other parts. Insurance companies always push for used parts. Get a good shop that will work with you and push to get new parts.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or just post here and I will keep an eye on this.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 AM
swan, just out of curiousity will insurance companies let me order after-marketparts for the car??? I'm already looking at getting klumzyee's TS carbon fiber hood for 200, i figure thats cheaper than the insurance company buying me a new hood and painting it. I have 3 shops im bringing my car to, so i should have an estimate soon.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
swan, just out of curiousity will insurance companies let me order after-marketparts for the car??? I'm already looking at getting klumzyee's TS carbon fiber hood for 200, i figure thats cheaper than the insurance company buying me a new hood and painting it. I have 3 shops im bringing my car to, so i should have an estimate soon.
It's not really up to the insurance company. That can all be done through the shop. Just ask the shop if you can provide your own parts before you bring it to them. They'll then work with you and explain the process.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
He is clearly in your lane. He should be where the Ford's at.

You should have said that there are injuries and possibly fatalities then cops would show up in a heart beat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.