G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe
View Poll Results: What should i do?
Sue him
60.61%
Continue to fight it
30.30%
Suck it up and pay deductable (If you put this i will hunt you down too)
9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

:( i can't believe this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:( i can't believe this UPDATED WITH PICS!!!

front end got a hefty hit today... I'm fine but the G's not lookin so healthy outside.

i was pulling into a gas station and the guy pulled a turn to quickly while getting ahead of the guy infront of him. He was getting gas in the spot behind the suv, he went around the SUV and pulled a sharp turn. I stopped and honked but he was on the CELL PHONE. big suprise, he trys to move and just gets the driver side.
Ontop of this, he claims that he is not at fault for this. I called the police and they said they cannot do anything because it happened on private property (gas station). So im pretty much SOL unless he fesses up to his insurance as he should.

he was driving a blue nissan frontier

Front driver side hit: Broken driver side headlight housing, driver front fender bent up, hood is bent, front bumper is broken, grill is broken. No internal damage known as of now, i drove it home, his car was leaking some radiator fluid so he got towed away by AAA.

I have pics of his car being close to the wrong side of the way in the gas station, i don't know if that works though. Can i just submit them to my insurance company or his???

pics coming soon, they're uploading

for now, anyone know any good shops in so-cal orange county 92692. I want my car to look as good as possible no matter what the cost, i was also looking to see if i could possibly get a seibon TS hood and a nismo bumper, anyway i can swindle that and pay the difference?

any help would be great, thanks everyone

and again, pics coming soon, dont worry

UPDATE!!!
heres the pics

like i said, i think he cut it a bit lose when getting around the other car

and the part that frustrates me so much is i just did a layer of FMJ on the whole car, check the shine on the rest

i have more pics too, but dont you think the 2nd picture is convicting enough that he cut in too early when he couldve used all the space on the other side where he shouldve been???

Last edited by LIUser; 05-09-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:01 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what a douche bag. threaten sue him. that's not right.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should check with the gas station and see if they caught it on tape

Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
wow that sucks hope that there is a way that you can get him to pay for it

Old 05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear this man, exact same thing happend to me. Expect it to be around $4,400.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:07 AM
sorry to hear about this but this is the perfect excuse to get all aftermarket parts if you havent already done so

Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
ive been waaiting for this

take pics of the station.. and make a diagram showing your positions... good info and documentation will only help your case..

Old 05-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Deffinatly have the diagram, and when you talk to the insurance company make sure it is known that he was "distracted, talking on his cell when he slamed into you". Im guessing your car was stationary at the time?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
You didn't get any witnesses like the other people pumping gas?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I hope you got witnesses. Hand everything over to your insurance company. DO NOT talk to his.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 PM
This is exactly what insurance companies are for and why you pay them them the big bucks. Regardless of whose fault it is, I doubt you will be paying for this out of pocket. That being the case, since he is not accepting fault for this, report this to your insurance company and give them his insurance information. Let the insurance companies battle it out. They have plenty of lawyers at their disposal.

Hopefully you got some witnesses. If not, nothing you can do about it now. I would type up a written statement while all of this is fresh in your mind and include as many details as possible (time of day, vehicles involved, color of vehicle, location, THE FACT HE WAS ON HIS CELLPHONE!, etc.). When it comes to this stuff there is no such thing as too many details. As mentioned above, draw up a diagram of what happened. Also, be ready to give those pics to your insurance company and check to see if the gas station has any video.

Provide your insurance company with as much information, details, and supporting documentation as possible. It will only help your case.

I know this process all too well as I was involved in 5, yes 5, different accidents last year in a 2 month period of time; of which none were my fault.

Hope some of that helps.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by rasetsu
Hand everything over to your insurance company. DO NOT talk to his.
Forgot to mention, as mentioned here, DO NOT talk to his insurance company. If they do call you, tell them that they can talk to your insurance company and give them the information.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:42 PM
id be so mad if he ddint fess up, some people are just so unbelievable these days..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.