headlight recall horror story - dealship tried to hide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007 | 04:14 PM
|
Banned
headlight recall horror story - dealership tried to hide

ok, took my car in on monday.
got to take a look at it today. and guess what, theres a 1" scratch on the passenger fender near the headlight.

not only that, some moron tried to hide it with touch-up paint.

seeing how i read some of the horror stories, i already knew what to look for. they replaced the headlight, so i took a quick look around the car and then took a closer look near the headlights.

the passenger headlight is a bit off, theres a small gap from the headlight to the bumper.

the scratch is near the tip of the fender where it meets the headlight.

I SHOULD HAVE NEVER TOOK IT IN. Should of left the headlights alone. This recall isn't anything mechanical or major. I wished I never took it to the dealer.

Good news, if you can call it that. My emaculate or it was b4 i took it in, is getting some bodywork done.

I will give u guys an update on the finished work.
-----------------------------------------------------

This is just retarded. I would have understood if they called me and said they F'd up. And they are going to fix it no problem. Instead, they tried to pull a fast one on me. Putting touch up paint and hope that I didn't notice?

I don't know about the rest of you, but when it comes to my car, my paint, and rims, I notice everything that shouldn't be there, or wasn't there 4.

For the rest of you, I would say, do the recall at your risk. Not really worth it. I left work early for nothing. Lost an hours pay.

Last edited by verbal assassin; 06-05-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2007 | 04:18 PM
G35driver Addict
sorry to hear about an incompetent dealership. some will take care of you, and as long as they fix your problem it should be alright.

Old 06-05-2007 | 04:39 PM
Gay! And I just called today to have them do the lights and oil. Now I don't want to. Just like you I know every inch of my car and know if someone messed with it.

Old 06-05-2007 | 05:07 PM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
I got mine changed out and they did fine with it..its always going to depend where you go as well

Old 06-05-2007 | 07:02 PM
Stealerships doing their best.........!

Are you guys surprised? Where did you think the name "Stealership" came
from? No one sits around and makes up these stories about getting screwed
when you take your car in for service......**** happens all the time! My
Nissan dealership would walk my Z every time I took it in for service and make
note of every bobble he could find. That way when you picked your car up
there was a record of what might have happned....or not!

Old 06-05-2007 | 07:03 PM
damn, that doesnt sound like infiniti--known for its customer satisfaction to me

Old 06-05-2007 | 07:13 PM
|
Banned
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
damn, that doesnt sound like infiniti--known for its customer satisfaction to me
i will give the customer service manager credit. she acted liked she cared and was rushing to make sure i was helped. she 1st made sure there were no notes taken by the service rep earlier of previous damages, (the diagram they draw on if theres any damges when you take it in). then she realized i took it in for the headlight recall, and saw that the scratch was right there and someone did try to cover it up.

she told me not to worry and that they will take care of it, gave me back the 07 Loaner and i was on my way. hopefully everything is all good.

Old 06-05-2007 | 08:48 PM
good luck dude!!

Old 06-05-2007 | 09:51 PM
Dealership broke my daytime bulb.
HE said" oh yea...one of ur LED (168) burn out."
I said, "What? How's that possible? They are LED"
He said, " yea, it burned out. That's why Infiniti doesn't want us to install aftermarket bulb for customer."
I said, "So, they told you guys to break it so it won't get another chance."
He said, " Well, one of ur LED is good. And we installed the burned one, too."
I said, "So they will look balance more?"
He said, "Yea. we didn't put back a OEM bulb, because it will look out of place."
I said, " sigh......."

Old 06-06-2007 | 01:32 AM
TAKING MINE BACK IN TOMORROW FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW.

Good Fücking Lord, what is the issue with these sh1tt1n' headlights. I have been asking and asking for advice to get these damn things right. Last chance for anyone who is savvy with headlights to tell me what I should tell these morons.

*sigh*

If its not done correctly after tommow I wll be back up there straight to the service manager.

This is SEWELL in DALLAS, TEXAS by the way. A great dealership but I have noticed a little sloppy on service from time to time. The MAJOR stuff they handle well the little stuff I think they could honestly give a fück about though.

again * sigh*

Last edited by lekker_droom; 06-06-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-06-2007 | 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
TAKING MINE BACK IN TOMORROW FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW.

Good Fücking Lord, what is the issue with these sh1tt1n' headlights. I have been asking and asking for advice to get these damn things right. Last chance for anyone who is savvy with headlights to tell me what I should tell these morons.

*sigh*

If its not done correctly after tommow I wll be back up there straight to the service manager.

This is SEWELL in DALLAS, TEXAS by the way. A great dealership but I have noticed a little sloppy on service from time to time. The MAJOR stuff they handle well the little stuff I think they could honestly give a fück about though.

again * sigh*
Aim them yourself using my guide https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...68#post2027668

Old 06-06-2007 | 09:05 AM
This thread emphasizes the main reason I'm reluctant to take my car into service for anything other than what I consider absolutely necessary. I just got my car back from the Infiniti Body shop due to front bumper/clear bra damage done by the dealer during my last visit. I brought my car in for a few rattles and left with the rattles as well as bumper damage and a small dent on my front fender. After almost three weeks, they repainted my front bumper and installed a new 3M clear bra. It's all new but was a pain. I'm just going in for oil changes from now on and I stand next to my car and watch. It's sad but necessary.

Old 06-06-2007 | 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
ok, took my car in on monday.
got to take a look at it today. and guess what, theres a 1" scratch on the passenger fender near the headlight.

not only that, some moron tried to hide it with touch-up paint.

seeing how i read some of the horror stories, i already knew what to look for. they replaced the headlight, so i took a quick look around the car and then took a closer look near the headlights.

the passenger headlight is a bit off, theres a small gap from the headlight to the bumper.

the scratch is near the tip of the fender where it meets the headlight.

I SHOULD HAVE NEVER TOOK IT IN. Should of left the headlights alone. This recall isn't anything mechanical or major. I wished I never took it to the dealer.

Good news, if you can call it that. My emaculate or it was b4 i took it in, is getting some bodywork done.

I will give u guys an update on the finished work.
-----------------------------------------------------

This is just retarded. I would have understood if they called me and said they F'd up. And they are going to fix it no problem. Instead, they tried to pull a fast one on me. Putting touch up paint and hope that I didn't notice?

I don't know about the rest of you, but when it comes to my car, my paint, and rims, I notice everything that shouldn't be there, or wasn't there 4.

For the rest of you, I would say, do the recall at your risk. Not really worth it. I left work early for nothing. Lost an hours pay.
maybe it some big conspiracy against the muslims huh...like everyother thing you post about

Old 06-06-2007 | 12:03 PM
And that's why I dont take my G to the dealership for ANYTHING! I do my oil changes (documented) and any other fix, even if it comes out of my pocket. The only way the dealer will see me is if my engine blows! Besides that they can s@ck my d**ck!!

Old 06-06-2007 | 12:13 PM
|
Banned
Originally Posted by g35rcr
maybe it some big conspiracy against the muslims huh...like everyother thing you post about
not this time. i didn't find an ID of an arab in my car and i didnt see any post online from Al Qaeda taking responsibility.

anyways, i can't believe how infiniti is treating our cars. i mean, we spend 3+ hours detailing our car, park as far as possible to prevent stupid door dings, yet, there is no point in all that because infiniti will just ruin it one way or another.

i bet the guys who were working on my car are reading this right now and laughing their azzes off. "Oh shlt, that **** caught us putting touch up paint", i bet he doesn't know that we drove the shlt out of it the other day, and he doesn't know that we replaced some parts from his car cause the parts from my car was cracked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: headlight recall horror story - dealship tried to hide