G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Evo VIII and my G35 in the OC!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Evo VIII and my G35 in the OC!!!

if you read matters post he mentions Vietnam somewhere in there... Just kinda funny how we stumbled onto that particular topic

Old 02-06-2004, 02:23 PM
tah

i dont think an allowance would pay for a g coupe, i think id have to have a JOB for that

Old 02-06-2004, 02:45 PM

I agree, an allowance cannot possibly pay for a G Coupe. Or a G period. Unless we are talking about a "G ride". But it doesn't matter to me. Some kids just got it like that. I'm 23, and I'm paying every dime for this car. I traded in my 02 civic and purchased the G Coupe. And yes, even then, it's a big monthly payment. Not everyone who has a job can afford this car. That is, unless they don't have other bills to pay for like rent, mortgage, cell, etc, etc. But whatevers, just wanted to add my 'double penny.'

Old 02-06-2004, 04:52 PM

If someone had bought me a sweet *** car when I was 16 I would have taken it. Although I totaled the used Mercury Capri they did give me and I would probably total a G35 Coupe if I was 16 right now. The only real problem is if you get used to a G35 Coupe at 16 and you don't make a lot of money when you are older, it is gonna suck to buy someone a lot less sexy. But for God's sakes, if your parents are dumb enough to give it to you...TAKE IT.

Old 02-06-2004, 06:01 PM

Im 22 and my parents gave me 15k and a co-sign for college grad. I appreciate my G everytime that $596 check is sent out. And even more when irresponsible drivers smash into me and take off. AND THE MOST when it comes out of the shop looking nice and clean....when the sun hits the hood and shines....when i first put on the snow tires and my car "actually worked", when the girls turn their heads (first for the car, then next for me ) when i stop at a gas station and people stare, when the insurance adjuster tells me "like james bond", when people stop me at the grocery store to tell me that "this car had the most people crowding it at the car show", when the 60 year old in the S500 snaps his neck to take one last glance, when the 17yr old in the riced out Civic tries his hardes to get my attention, when i pull up on a 330ci bumper knowing he's thinking "damn, shoulda got one of those", when a 13yr old kid stops me at a car wash and recites every feature available to my car and asks me one by one "did you get that". And ill appreciate it 10 times more when I get my full summer and spring in it, I miss my 18's dearly.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to add as long as you appreciate your car it doesn't matter who paid or how much someone gave you, or how old you are.

G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Aero/ Blizzaks and 17's till March /

Old 02-06-2004, 07:30 PM

Wow...never thought this thread would evolve into the philosophical discussion of car ownership and pride that it has become!!! HEHEHE...

To be honest, my dad still pays for my insurance! Sweet deals. I have a college degree and a full-time job! It is just nice sometimes to get free things from your parents. If they offer, then take it!

Back to the main topic...DEFINITELY EVO!!! Jeez...How many times must I say that...Brembos, the wing, the front grill, the FMIC!

O'Doyle ROOLZ!

APC is my weapon of choice.
APC reeks of great taste.
APC is the greatest aftermarket company in the world!

Old 02-06-2004, 09:13 PM

tah what kind of high pay job can you get at the age of 16?
if you dont' mind, can u name what u are doing right now?
p.s. choirs at home does not count as a "job"

Old 02-06-2004, 09:50 PM

I did not pay a dime. I did not use a thesaurus. I do not think any parents are stupid for giving their kids a nice car. I did get an A in English. My parents did live the Vietnam War first hand.

It is not like a keep a trashy G. I wax the car in cycles every two weeks. Hand wash it every third. Wax/polish the tires every week. Clean the rims everyday. Bust out the California duster at any free time I get. Never allow food inside the car. I've driven it in the rain once, when the weather caught me. Otherwise I totally avoid the rain in my G. Whenever I have to park in one spot for a long time, I sunshade the front AND back.

I feel almost as if several members of the forum have attacked the younger ones for one sole reason: owning the same car at a young age.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:46 PM

DragonGCoupe,
Im 22..my parents helped me out on this car but im making the payments..they pay insurance and down payment as a graduation gift....BUT IM STILL MAKING THE PAYMENTS....Don't let these old *** fools get to you..there just hating on you because they are jealous of the fact that your 16 and they are 55 and you have the same car as them...WHO CARES..were all Nissan enthusiasts and hopefully fully appreciate the cars we have and take exceptionally good care of them...Don't let them get to you....OLD PEOPLE STOP DRINKING THAT HATER-AID IN THE AM!!!!

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 02-07-2004, 04:07 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I don't understand how I'm a totally different person because I have a G35. So do all you guys in the forum? Do the less-fortunate people ask why they aren't getting to drive G35's? To blame it on you being arrogant, stupid, and what not. I hope not.

It is not within my power to ameliorate the stereotypes put forth by several members of our G community, so I will not make an attempt to. I will apologize though, on behalf of the kids who invented the stereotype in the first place. I care not how you judge myself through forums and posts, but I hope that you do not judge people you know based on such sterile and impersonal things.

In closing, I will admit that the reason I brought up age, a topic I've tried to avoid lately, is because of the age comments regarding the EVO. (How it was a kids car, etc. etc.) I actually thought it would be relevant to the telling of the story. In hindsight, I know now that it is a topic I will continue to avoid from henceforth. I'll finish with thanks to those who stood up for the rich, spoiled, ignorant, naive, arrogant, and ignominious kid who, by some misfortune, drives the same car as yourselves. Enjoy, and drive safe all.

<hr></blockquote>

i like how you use large words to cover awkward grammar..

anyway, can someone bring this topic back to G35 vs. Evo?

I am an Evo owner but love the G35 Coupe.. my friend bought one recently and it's a hands down nicer looking car.

however, i do agree with many of you: this story sounds incredibly fishy.. i ono, maybe he couldn't drive, but at low speeds the evo should readily walk away with a win. after 100-110, it'll be a much closer race no doubt.

as for the young vs. old here.. it's an ongoing argument/flame feeder across all forums...in the end, i think it comes down to jealousy. i pay for my evo myself, but i can sympathize with the plight of kids that get 30k+ cars from their parents. basically, a lot of high school kids are such idiots and egotistical, arrogant *******s that we simply do not want to associate ourselves with them--be it in automobile taste or community. they're given vehicles that have not been earned, and grow conditioned to being spoiled, arrogant ******. their parents just reinforce irresponsibility and immaturity through their actions. i recall a 16 year old STi driver on a wrx forum that talked sooo much crap about how he drove his car to the limit every day, and how he was such a great driver, yadda yadda yadda... then he (predictably) ran his car into a tree (totalled) exiting his school parking lot. this is simply THE identifying trademark of kids that are given their vehicles: they show off, and look like complete arrogant *******s. sure, not everyone is like that; i've come across several guys that were given their cars and were perfectly nice people. (he and his younger brother 'own' an evo and sti, respectively) however, i'd have to say the majority of kids that are given their cars are dumbasses that have no right to be on the road with civilized drivers (spoiled street racers, you know who you are). also, your maintenance of the car doesn't mean diddly squat. don't bring it up. you appreciate it so much? pay for it.

back to the topic...

Old 02-07-2004, 05:00 AM

nicely said...

IP 5AT/Aeros/Premium/Type-N Front Bumper/Z-Tube/V1

Old 02-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said hueman

Old 02-07-2004, 11:13 AM

Hueman, are you on evom?

Old 02-07-2004, 01:48 PM

yeah, i'm on evom.net... cxspeed, you have the same/similar name over there? i thought your name looked really familiar..

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by hueman on 02/07/04 10:49 AM.</EM></FONT></P>