G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why Did YOU Buy a G and Not Something Else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EuG35
When did I say otherwise? I just said they are not as common as civics/accords which are 10x more common.. I wish you would read my post before posting..

and checkered

What do you mean south central? Cypress is not ghetto if that's what you're saying.. And south OC I don't see many G35s, I see a lot of BMWs Mercedes mostly European cars..
i actually see the same amount of civics and accords as i do G's... i worked in Irvine and there were tons of G's there too. Dont get your panties in a bunch just cuz you dont see em doesnt mean there arent a ton of em out there. If you drive down my street you will see about 5 G's... (sadly thats not even looking hard for em)

Old 09-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abunai
i actually see the same amount of civics and accords as i do G's... i worked in Irvine and there were tons of G's there too. Dont get your panties in a bunch just cuz you dont see em doesnt mean there arent a ton of em out there. If you drive down my street you will see about 5 G's... (sadly thats not even looking hard for em)
Wow you missed my point.. twice. I see plenty of G's. But I would definitely not say they are as common as civics, that includes Irvine. I go there all the time to visit my friends that go to UCI and I definitely see more civics/accords than G's by far, and especially at the campus (but also in the city)

Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
The wife made me do it!

I was ready to waste my inheritance on a pickup truck, but my wife insisted that I buy a sports car instead. With those new marching orders, I took her out to test drive:

Audi TTs
BMW 3 Coupes
Infiniti G35 Coupes
Nissan 350Zs

The Audis and BMWs were nice, but neither really caught our fancy. We never got around to driving the 350Z because she insisted that I buy the G35 Coupe. Smart girl -- back seat, trunk, nicer appointments, etc. -- no need to waste time driving a rawer version of the same car.

For you young pups, this is the secret to a long and happy (30+ years) marriage. Let your wife win the major battles every time she insisits that you get exactly what you want. I love her more every time I slip behind the wheel of my G!

Old 09-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Wow you missed my point.. twice. I see plenty of G's. But I would definitely not say they are as common as civics, that includes Irvine. I go there all the time to visit my friends that go to UCI and I definitely see more civics/accords than G's by far, and especially at the campus (but also in the city)
I think your not understanding... I see about the same amount of G's as I do accords and civics. If you hanging out by UCI then of course your going to see more civics and accords thats just natural... most of them dont have jobs! I use to work out at the 24 hour fitness across the street from UCI and i would see 2 or 3 other G's in the lot with mine along with civics and accords and bmw's and mercedes... believe it or not you owning a G doesnt make you special. Yes its a nice car but its also becoming a common car... If you want to feel special in your G you need to move out of Orange County/Los Angeles County.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by drpthemc
I chose the G 6mt b/c it is one of the hottest cars on the road wit decent performance..and it's rear wheel drive w/back seat!

I was considering an STI or EVO, but it lacked luxury and it seemed to kiddish..=\...(my girl hates them lol)

S2k fast, but too small..

I like the IS350, but it didn't have a manual version and i didn't want the IS250..

Acura TL Type-S was nice, but it's front wheel drive..

Really.. there isn't anything that can compare to the G 6mt Coupe...

M3 too pricey, 335i too pricey (overheats lol)...

G37 is ugly compared to the G35..

G35 All the Way!!!.. I got my G back in April 07'..
i agree with this 110%!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 AM
I think your not understanding... I see about the same amount of G's as I do accords and civics. If you hanging out by UCI then of course your going to see more civics and accords thats just natural... most of them dont have jobs! I use to work out at the 24 hour fitness across the street from UCI and i would see 2 or 3 other G's in the lot with mine along with civics and accords and bmw's and mercedes... believe it or not you owning a G doesnt make you special. Yes its a nice car but its also becoming a common car... If you want to feel special in your G you need to move out of Orange County/Los Angeles County.
I think you're just saying you see just as many civics as G's to put people down, I know your type. I never said owning a G makes me special, how did you get that from me stating that G35's aren't as common as civics/accords? My parents let me drive their LS460L and new redesigned Porsche Cayenne all the time, trust me I don't feel special in my G. I kno other students that have BMW/Benz and are turning 20 just like me.. Also, I don't just hang around UCI, I go there to meet up with friends then we go SOMEWHERE ELSE, we don't just kick it at UCI. We go to irvine spectrum, south coast plaza, etc.. Yes I see nice cars but there is no way i see as many G's as civics/accords, that sounds like something some @$$hole would say to put down other G owners..

Old 09-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
The G is just drop dead sexy, and sexier when modded. I never even looked at/considered any other cars at the time.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:32 AM
it may be more common now..you see more of them but that still doesn't stop ppl from giving compliments....ive gotten so many...any seriously HOW SEXY is this car? VERY!

the biggest thing is its reliable im at 27,000 miles and the only light thats come up on the dash board is the gas light.. this cars been driven pretty hard and ive had my share of SLide outs and donuts :-) and still never had any problems.. my bmw on the other had.. i loved her but man was it hard and pricy to maintain all those check engine lights

Old 09-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I think you're just saying you see just as many civics as G's to put people down, I know your type. I never said owning a G makes me special, how did you get that from me stating that G35's aren't as common as civics/accords? My parents let me drive their LS460L and new redesigned Porsche Cayenne all the time, trust me I don't feel special in my G. I kno other students that have BMW/Benz and are turning 20 just like me.. Also, I don't just hang around UCI, I go there to meet up with friends then we go SOMEWHERE ELSE, we don't just kick it at UCI. We go to irvine spectrum, south coast plaza, etc.. Yes I see nice cars but there is no way i see as many G's as civics/accords, that sounds like something some @$$hole would say to put down other G owners..
Are you retarded? why would i put people down that own G's... I own on you dumb a$$ and im happy your mommy and daddy bought you a G, i paid for mine. Ive been to all the places you have named and i see alot of G's there too whether they be sedans or coupes. Its not like this car just came out. Alot of people own them and love them. I love my G. I get compliments on it all the time. But i know its not a unique car. You seriously need to get over yourself if you want to feel special about what you have go get Bugatti... then you will be special until then stfu your rather annoying.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Both of you stfu...youre bringing down the thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Are you retarded? why would i put people down that own G's... I own on you dumb a$$ and im happy your mommy and daddy bought you a G, i paid for mine. Ive been to all the places you have named and i see alot of G's there too whether they be sedans or coupes. Its not like this car just came out. Alot of people own them and love them. I love my G. I get compliments on it all the time. But i know its not a unique car. You seriously need to get over yourself if you want to feel special about what you have go get Bugatti... then you will be special until then stfu your rather annoying.
Yeah, you get all defensive when I point out the true reason you posted to begin with.. Why would you put down other G owners? Maybe to make yourself feel better, you tell me. You keep saying you see a lot of G's, that's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing about you comparing a G to civics/accords in saying they are just as common. I wish you were smart enough to realize that, esp when I put so much emphasis on it. Who the hell even implied it was a unique car, when hundreds of thousands are made each year? And let me ask again, when did I say I was special? You find that and you can have my car and sell it.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:59 PM
It is not as common as civic/accord/camry/explorers.. are you stupid?
This is what got you blasted on to begin with... you momma's boy. How would i feel better about putting down G's? I drive one like i told your stupid A$$ earlier. As for your comparing how common G's are your stupid post says it all...
Who the hell even implied it was a unique car, when hundreds of thousands are made each year?
So how are arguing that they are not common? You have to be the dumbest lil kid on here. have your mom wipe your a$$ then come back and spill out some more ****.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I mainly bought the G for its look and everything else comes after. It was either gonna be a Z,G and one of the S series BMW. The G was hands down had the best combination of looks,performance and luxury for the damn price. I'm sure a lot of people is on the same boat as me...

Old 09-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Honestly I really wasn't looking at other cars, the moment I had an opportunity to get a car I already had my mind set on the G. Why? It beats any other car in its price range in pretty much everything. It's the perfect hybrid of luxury and sport.. IMO.
+1. I should've just quoted you.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by CHECKERED
Thank you all for responding,
I see some commonality between the responses.
My biggest con on the G35c is that they are everywhere, and are as common as Civic, Accord, Camry and Ford Explorer.
If I値l end up getting one (which I would want to), I will have to mod the exterior literally the same day I get it, I could not stand driving a car so common.
My current car a 2nd gen altima is rare by itself and a moded one, I think I only saw 3 others in the 7 years that I have been driving it.

There is a reason why G35c are so common...they are great sexy looking cars and back when they first came out were one of the best bang for the buck look and performance wise...only being released 02/03 they have not been out for too too long, but you do live in Southern California and have to understand i see $100,000 cars as common in Los Angeles while i lived there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Did YOU Buy a G and Not Something Else?