G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe during winter time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, that's what you get when you try to drive your car with 19" performance tires in the snow.

I put blizzaks on my stock 18's and I drove these past two-three days in rather bad snow conditions without any problems what so ever. The other day it was deep snow on unplowed roads and today it was just a thin very slick layer of snow on the roads. I can say that I had absolutely no problems at all. This car is even better in the snow then my old maxima.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ryder35
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, that's what you get when you try to drive your car with 19" performance tires in the snow.

I put blizzaks on my stock 18's and I drove these past two-three days in rather bad snow conditions without any problems what so ever. The other day it was deep snow on unplowed roads and today it was just a thin very slick layer of snow on the roads. I can say that I had absolutely no problems at all. This car is even better in the snow then my old maxima.
agree 100%. I have snow tires on my 18's and I haven't had a single problem and this will be my 3rd winter. Drive smart, keep VDC on, and you'll be perfectly fine. Some of these people are overreacting like crazy.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 PM
yeah. but its sooooooooooo much easier bringing strippers home from the club when you keep the 20s on lol

***** FTW!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DillersG
yeah. but its sooooooooooo much easier bringing strippers home from the club when you keep the 20s on lol

***** FTW!
If your car is what gets you laid...

Old 12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
i have 245 20 35 toyo summer tires on the front and 275 30 20 in the rear...

i have the luxury of being able to work from home in dec jan feb as my boss is super cool...

but yeah, last year i had the OEM 19s on my coupe and it was basically a joke in the snow... when i hear its gonna snow, i basically just know to warm up the playstation or get some **** over here...cause i aint going no where until it clears up...

but hey...everyone...i just put these 20 inch performance tires on my coupe... i havent noticed any changes below 45 degrees its been 30 degrees many nights and i really havent been driving like i stole it, but the car still handles hella sexy... i know in the snow i basically cant drive, but i thought i would have gotten loose a few times in the last few weeks on a turn or something, but i havent.... or is it just reaaaaaaaaally bad below 30 degrees...like when its 15 degrees and i hate new jersey
i live in Bergen County too. Where u from?

Old 12-12-2009, 08:58 AM
grew up in wyckoff i live in hawthorne now

and i was jokin around about pulling girls with my car...this aint high school

Old 12-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I live so close to my work that during bad weather i just take the bus and leave the car pared in the garage i would like to get some snow tires thou.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Not really, Ive been driving for 13 years and never once went in the ditch, I know how to drive, driven FWD, RWD, 4WD, this car is riduculous in snow. Going slow and braking arent the problems its getting these tires to bite, I have to baby the gas and clutch just to get going everytime and the *** end still slides sideways no matter how slow im going, I can just barely let the clutch out and the *** is headed towards the side of the road. Starting in 2nd isnt much better either.

Glad mines sitting in the garage all winter
And that's the car's fault???? Put some proper winter rubber on it and you won't have any issues.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Exactly. Toss some snow tires on and you'll be amazed how much more grip you get.

Amazing how people spend thousands of dollars on high performance suspensions, brakes and high HP mods...but then when it comes to tires, they tend to cheap out. Same deal with winter tires. If you plan on driving your car in the snow, invest in winter rubber.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Traveling Administrator
^ Dunno, I honestly don't get it either. Tires are THE MOST IMPORTANT part of your vehicle in the winter time. Why anyone would want to jeopardize the safety of themselves, their passengers, their vehicle, and other people on the road is beyond my comprehension. Besides, it's not like a winter setup costs you any more money in the end anyways.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^it's either ignorance or cheapness. Take your pick. LOL

Old 12-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
grew up in wyckoff i live in hawthorne now

and i was jokin around about pulling girls with my car...this aint high school
oh ur like my neighboor haha

Old 12-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
^it's either ignorance or cheapness. Take your pick. LOL
LOL, no kidding Deane. Ignorance I can totally see as it's apparent in a number of posts in this thread. Cheapness on the other hand I just don't get. I guess people don't seem to understand that running two sets of tires each year is really no more expensive than running one set.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
And that's the car's fault???? Put some proper winter rubber on it and you won't have any issues.
Why would I waste money on another set of tires if mines sitting in the garage all winter? All I was doing was confirming that these cars suck in snow with stock tires and good luck to anyone driving one in winter

Old 12-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Nin
Alright so after a few hours of driving in a decent amount of snowfall (Vancouver, BC) I must say that although the car is totally driveable with snow tires (Bridgestone Blizzak LM25V's in my case), it's still nothing great.

It is however VERY driveable with snow tires. I had the stock 19s with stock bridgestones from the factory on it last year and it was complete ****. With the Blizzaks, I start off lightly in 2nd gear, then once I've gotten to about 5-6km/h...I floor it and let VDC get me up to speed lol. Works like a charm!

Braking is also surprisingly great with these tires...stability in corners is great as well. This is all relatively speaking of course...at the end of the day the car is RWD and has a decent amount of torque so don't expect anything crazy.

That's just my 2 cents. I usually don't add my opinions but since I search quite a bit and couldn't find anyone that had a straight forward answer as to how the G35 handles in snow, I figured I'd share.

My conditions were basically 4-5cm of fresh snow on the ground that was semi-compacted from cars driving over it.

VDC is also a HUGE help...I'm so used to just turning it off all the time because I like to have full control of the car myself...but VDC is awesome if you're about to spin out or something...applies just the right amount of brake on either of the 4 wheels to get you going where your steering is pointing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe during winter time?