G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hot air from AC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 02:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe
Hot air from AC

I know there's a thread somewhere, but searching for "hot air" or "hot ac" didnd't come up with any answers.

Anyways, when I drive w/out AC on but air flowing - even if I have it set at 60*F, it still blows hot air. Way around it - I turn on AC and let some cold air flowing, then turn off AC (fan) but leave the 'air flow' and it starts blowing cooler air. I know its a 'bug', but not sure if its electrical or just the system. Reason i say electrical is because of my older maxima and parents camry have manual AC and if you were to set air flow to cold, it would blow cold air from start.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:03 AM
did you somehow take your dash apart? there's a connector right under your steering column that people tend to forget to re-plugin =) see if that helps

Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 AM
Coupe
Originally Posted by SuperShick
did you somehow take your dash apart? there's a connector right under your steering column that people tend to forget to re-plugin =) see if that helps
no, havent done that ...yet. And i need to clear something - in the title i said AC, but what I ment was the vents. So when AC is off and FAN is off, but you can still select air flow - thats when it blows hot air, even if i have it set at 60*

Old 09-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ilyaat
no, havent done that ...yet. And i need to clear something - in the title i said AC, but what I ment was the vents. So when AC is off and FAN is off, but you can still select air flow - thats when it blows hot air, even if i have it set at 60*
OK - so your trying to figure out why the fresh air venting is allowing hot air to come into your car instead of cold air, while not using the A/C and fan is off????

Ummm...how hot is it where you are? If it's hot outside, then the fresh vent air will also be hot....if the A/C is off - there is nothing that will COOL the air...not sure where your going with this.

Hey - when you open your window - is the air the same temp as the vent air?

Rick

Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
OK - so your trying to figure out why the fresh air venting is allowing hot air to come into your car instead of cold air, while not using the A/C and fan is off????

Ummm...how hot is it where you are? If it's hot outside, then the fresh vent air will also be hot....if the A/C is off - there is nothing that will COOL the air...not sure where your going with this.

Hey - when you open your window - is the air the same temp as the vent air?

Rick
Shhhhh, come on man, there's no way that A/C cools your air!!! That's blasphemy!

To the OP: Temp settings only work if you have the heater or A/C on. Just turning on the vent pulls air from outside.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by UnluckyCharms
Shhhhh, come on man, there's no way that A/C cools your air!!! That's blasphemy!

To the OP: Temp settings only work if you have the heater or A/C on. Just turning on the vent pulls air from outside.
Yup...and I conclude it also blows in the hot air thats in the engine compartment, being on mine its hotter air than outside ambient with it set to 60, just fan, AC off.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Coupe
trust me, i'm not doing this during the hot days, its about 62 outside but its still blowing 90+ air in. And like I said, if i were to do this in a camry or maxima, it would have 'cool' air coming in. I know there was a thread on thsi few months back, but i cant find it

Old 09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if its under warranty just take it in

Old 09-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Thumbs up

There is a problem with most Nissan & Infiniti vehicles with this exact same issue, I for one, have had this problem with my Xterra, my Altima and my wife's Pathfinder. I even though I have owned my G35 for 1 week tomorrow, I have already noticed the problem.

The issue is that the holes on the cowl assembly air too small. In my xterra, the cowls had chads on them and I had to do the "cold air mod" as outlined here.
I actually removed them and used a xacto knife to cut out each hole, took me a couple of hours, but it honestly made a 20-30 degree difference in the air intake temperature.

On my altima, I just leaned over the hood and cut out every other hole and didn't care where the chads fell, figuring they will get washed away eventually. Also, I had lined the back of the engine, where the hood rests with extra foam, so that heated air doesn't; get sucked from inside the engine, rather just the air from over the hood. It made a easily 10-15 degree difference.

It is extremely frustrating when it is nice 60 degrees outside and the air being sucked in is 70-75 and have to use the damn ac.

In the later models Nissan's answer was putting that automatic climat control. I hate cold or hot air being blown on my face. I will do my G35 this weekend, if I get the chance and don't go fishing.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by d_pak
There is a problem with most Nissan & Infiniti vehicles with this exact same issue, I for one, have had this problem with my Xterra, my Altima and my wife's Pathfinder. I even though I have owned my G35 for 1 week tomorrow, I have already noticed the problem.

The issue is that the holes on the cowl assembly air too small. In my xterra, the cowls had chads on them and I had to do the "cold air mod" as outlined here.
I actually removed them and used a xacto knife to cut out each hole, took me a couple of hours, but it honestly made a 20-30 degree difference in the air intake temperature.

On my altima, I just leaned over the hood and cut out every other hole and didn't care where the chads fell, figuring they will get washed away eventually. Also, I had lined the back of the engine, where the hood rests with extra foam, so that heated air doesn't; get sucked from inside the engine, rather just the air from over the hood. It made a easily 10-15 degree difference.

It is extremely frustrating when it is nice 60 degrees outside and the air being sucked in is 70-75 and have to use the damn ac.

In the later models Nissan's answer was putting that automatic climat control. I hate cold or hot air being blown on my face. I will do my G35 this weekend, if I get the chance and don't go fishing.
Hmm...never had a problem on my 98 maxima. But the trick i found is if you turn on AC for just a min (or until it stats blowing cold air) and then turn it off while leaving the airflow open - it'll be nice and cool from that moment on. but you gotta do it everytime u want nice and cool

Old 09-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ilyaat
Hmm...never had a problem on my 98 maxima. But the trick i found is if you turn on AC for just a min (or until it stats blowing cold air) and then turn it off while leaving the airflow open - it'll be nice and cool from that moment on. but you gotta do it everytime u want nice and cool
Thats what the OP wanted to avoid doing.