G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

does this happen to everyone or just me...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does this happen to everyone or just me...

this can't be regional since i drive all over the east coast and it happens to me everywhere,

but do mustangs, evo's, and sti's always pull up next to you and try to race? i don't streetrace and my car is completely stock (factory wheels too), and even when my dad borrows my car this happens, no tint on my windows so its obviously an old dood who probably doesn't want to race.

doesn't bother me too much but the other nite some civic (sounded turbo'd) actually started yelling out his window saying "what you got"... in my head i'm like let me just enjoy my car for what it is, i don't have to prove anything. another night a supra kept trying for the whole 25mi strip of the bw prkwy.

what i do like though is how other g's and z's they pull up and not try to race but drive along with you. one time on a route from DC to NYC i had 2 g coupe 1 sedan and 2 350z's riding along with me... started with a g and then as we passed more others joined along... was a fun on the fly mini cruise... any of you guys were part of that?

Old 10-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
i agree with you. People around DC are always tryin to race on the street. Ricers in their civics always try to pull up to me on a stop light and try to race. Ive had more Evo's try to race me then STi's and mustangs. Mustang owners always give us a mean look......i dunno why.

The other day i pulled up to another G and i gave him a friendly wave and the next thing i know he pulls up to me and gives me the finger and flys by. People need to chill nowdays.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Mitsuko
this can't be regional since i drive all over the east coast and it happens to me everywhere,

but do mustangs, evo's, and sti's always pull up next to you and try to race? i don't streetrace and my car is completely stock (factory wheels too), and even when my dad borrows my car this happens, no tint on my windows so its obviously an old dood who probably doesn't want to race.

doesn't bother me too much but the other nite some civic (sounded turbo'd) actually started yelling out his window saying "what you got"... in my head i'm like let me just enjoy my car for what it is, i don't have to prove anything. another night a supra kept trying for the whole 25mi strip of the bw prkwy.

what i do like though is how other g's and z's they pull up and not try to race but drive along with you. one time on a route from DC to NYC i had 2 g coupe 1 sedan and 2 350z's riding along with me... started with a g and then as we passed more others joined along... was a fun on the fly mini cruise... any of you guys were part of that?
Because they know they're faster than us. If you're driving a Veyron, not many mustangs, Evo's, Sti's will try to race ya (or even dare!). You'll more likely be attracting other crowds who might want to try to race ya such as Carrera's, SLR's etc, lol!

S.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by scorcher76
Because they know they're faster than us. If you're driving a Veyron, not many mustangs, Evo's, Sti's will try to race ya (or even dare!). You'll more likely be attracting other crowds who might want to try to race ya such as Carrera's, SLR's etc, lol!

S.

haha you'd think that, but when riding around in my old boss' 911 turbo... everyone would give it a shot, even civics. sure beefed up civics that could probably run with it in the 1/4, but i guess its just not me. i had a b18 crx that could probably run with a lot of cars, but i wasn't as aggressive as these guys, or maybe i've just been outof the scene a while, cuz these guys try hard to get me to race. sometimes its even pointless cuz we're in heavy traffic. or maybe do you other g drivers do that to them as well, and they are just doing it back to me... hmmmm.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Thats cool to hear about that little random mini cruise. Says a lot about most ppl who own G's and Z's and our maturity/class.
I get ricers challenging me too at times. I just smile and throw the peace sign.
There's a place and time for that sheit. Public roads not the place ...ever. Hopefully ricers will eventually relize that.

Wow...never had another G flip me the bird...damn...wtf.
Maybe he was an x bimmer owner

Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Mitsuko

It happens to me all the time and I live in WI. The usual suspects are civics, pontiacs, mustangs, etc. Happens to my wife too, when she drives the G as well. Heck, I have had people in minivans and SUVs with dubs blow past me on the right side just to make a point and then they slow down....and frankly I don't get the point...maybe I am slow or something Maybe people are just pissed off they had to get a minivan and wished they had bought a coupe one time in their life and know that time won't come again. It is even worse when I am riding my motorcycle.

Frankly, people in other coupes such as BMWs, Audi TT's Cross Fires, Porsche, and Z's slow down and/or ride along to admire the G, and I don't mind admiring those coupes either.

While I am bitching about people in other cars...are some people getting so stupid lately that if they don't see a brake light in front of them, they keep moving? I have a 6MT and many times while I am stopped or slowing down, I don't NEED to use my brakes as much or as long, and frankly I fear some idiot will rear end me just because (s)he/it didn't see big bright brake lights to tell him/her/it to stop, despite the fact that there is a large object right there in front. wtf?

Last edited by d_pak; 10-23-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned
I think it's just you well maybe you 5.

Damn 06CPV a lot of posts to be in here

Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
That's weird.. I rarely get people that want to race me even though I drive pretty fast (except s2000's, they ALWAYS want to race) maybe not too many racers in OC. I've only had 1 Evo and 1 Mustang in my life challenge me.. and that Mustang was SC'd and scary.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Happens frequently to me but the most aggressive by far are the people driving stuff that doesn't have a chance.

Last week a Hyundai tried to keep up with me on a cloverleaf exit.

Last night a saturn was hell bent to beat me off the line at the stoplight. I passed him without breaking a sweat even tho i really didn't want to (it was just easy).

Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i really dont get ppl trying to race me here in san jose, cali. sure, ive had a couple, but they were few and far apart. id say it happens to me less than once per month

Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Thats cool to hear about that little random mini cruise. Says a lot about most ppl who own G's and Z's and our maturity/class.
I get ricers challenging me too at times. I just smile and throw the peace sign.
There's a place and time for that sheit. Public roads not the place ...ever. Hopefully ricers will eventually relize that.

Wow...never had another G flip me the bird...damn...wtf.
Maybe he was an x bimmer owner
hahaha x bmw owner good one... I have owned my G for 2 months and no one has ever tried to race me yet Im in the chicagoland area btw

Old 10-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
lmfao alot of ricers try to race me as well and even my mom... cars stock

Old 10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
haha yesterday this SATURN TRIED TO RACE ME!! IN MY MIND IM LIKE UGH NO THANKS..HE REVV'ED HIS ENGINE it was green he sped off while im just cruising!!=] A SATURN COME ON!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
when i had my injen exhaust ANYONE who had a somewhat performance type car would try and race me... lol i just chunked the deuce and watched them speed off. I did smoke some businessman in a Bimmer once, forgot what model it was because i wasn't looking to race him but i always accelerate a little faster than most people then he pushes on the gas hard so i just smoke him.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:25 PM
hasn't happened once, i assume that it's mostly because you don't get young guys driving g's around here (i've seen one quebec plated G with young driver), though usually when you see an out-of province G it's a younger driver.
interesting.
it also seems to be less prevalent in general around here. usually when you hear of someone racing in the street, it on the news, counting the casualties.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: does this happen to everyone or just me...