G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Who's got the G and in an apartment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's got the G and in an apartment?

Where do you park it? How do you manage to clean it? I know some apartments are strict about washing your cars on their lot. I hope you're not bringing it to your local carwash, unless it's handwash.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Re: Who's got the G and in an apartment?

Hahaha...I had to laugh when I read this. You may not believe it but I actually moved to a new apartment, in the same complex, that came with 2 parking spaces, just so no one could park beside my baby. Now sits all alone and well protected from door dings.
BTW: the new apartment was the same rent as the one with one parking space. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My car<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Gee3Five on 02/24/04 10:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-24-2004, 02:07 PM

I pay $20 a month for a covered spot and my complex has an area set aside with a vacuum set up and hose to wash and clean my car. Next to my covered spot is a wall on one side and my roommate's car on the other, so I'm sure I wont get any door dings. The only bad part is that in the winter the complex turns the water to the hose off so I gotta go to one of those car washes that has a hose set up and lets you wash your own car.

6MT Coupe / Diamond Graphite / Graphite
Aero / Premium / Splash Guards / Trunk Mat
3M Clear Bra / Grounding Kit

Old 02-24-2004, 02:54 PM

I'm actually lucky enough to live in an apartment complex with covered parking underneath the building. They shut the water down in the winter here as well, but luckily there is a hand wash just down the road from me. They do an ok job, and it's better than nothing in the wintertime.

gunga

Old 02-24-2004, 02:59 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in a high rise (if that's the name of it - 12 stories building). Tried to wash it once, and got into an argument with the doorman about the fact I'm using the building's water and that other tenants should not be paying for my water wastes (what a BS since we all pay a fix rate for our common charges that includes both the building's water supply as well as each apartment's water use). But anyways, since that one time, I have to run with buckets of waters 9 floors up and down. Now you tell me, is that retarded or what?
My final solution was to get one of those plastic containers that can hold 3 buckets worth of water, and so I feel it once and go down to the car. I also take one separate bucket with clean water to wash the sponge between rounds.
Can't wait to have my own private house already. I'll make sure the garage is heated (winter wash), and that it will have sloped floor with a drain in the middle to drain out the water....

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/Polk TW/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2004, 03:15 PM

I park in the Garages that my apartment complex offers, since parking sucks here. I've already gotten broken into once, but no damage was done, i think they were lookin to find something loose in the garage. Besides, a lady with a white 5AT just moved in and a guy with a blue 350z.

04 DG Coupe, Prem Package, Aero, Z tube, K&N drop in filter

Old 02-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

I lived in a condo when I got the G. Water supply wasn't a problem since I had my own hose bib but because of the parking situation it was hard to wash the G without getting the cars next to it wet. The water is really hard here and I wouldn't want anyone to get water spots on mine. The other problem about leaving the G outside was the dew. I tried the car cover but there was still a build-up of moisture underneath that led to water spots - the salt air probably didn't help.

After a few months I just couldn't stand leaving my baby outside anymore and bought a house with a double garage. I would of bought a house eventually but the G made it a higher priority. Now if I can just get that water softener installed.

Lasar Red/Willow 2003 5AT Coupe

Old 02-24-2004, 11:25 PM

I lived in an apartment for 6 months of the cars life...I would go to a complex that had a free car wash for me to use. I would take my sweet time cleaning and babying my car. When I was done I would park in a space that allowed me to park all the way to the left or right. So far no dings and the car looks incredible.

2004c Graph/Graph, prem, aero, Sport

Old 02-25-2004, 02:55 PM

I live in a condo with assigned off-street parking and it s-u-c-k-s! You might have a neihbor you trust now but what if that niehbor moves out and less trustworthy, frequently drunk, big-door caddy eldorado driving niehbor moves in!? Trust me, not good.
If you are gonna do it at least get bsm's...
As for washing, do what I did...make freinds withsomeone in the area that has a house =)

Old 02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Since I just moved to Vegas, I'm getting my fill of apartment living. The place in which I live is pretty nice, though, and I've got a one-car garage with my place. I also have a covered parking space that I don't use... good for visitors. Right now, the garage is being fixed (prob with the door), so I have to park in the covered space. It's freaking me out! I don't like my G being outside... I hear kids playing around it.

It's been in a garage every night of its life, even when I'd go to party at a friend's house-- my car always got a garage spot. Now that record is tarnished...

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 02-25-2004, 04:41 PM

Same problem w/ me here in NJ. So far no door dings as of yet. But then again its been im my buddies garage all winter. I haven't seen her in about 2 months. As far as washing I do it at my friends house, or bring it to a detailer who spends 1-1/2 - 2 hours on it for 20 bucks. Either way I try to keep her as clean as possible...

Old 02-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Affter owning the car for almost half year I just found out that there IS a spot to wash the car in my building couple weeks ago! Before I had to go my friend's place to wash the car everytime and lied to the security that I actually live there. And I've gone machine wash once...VERY REGRET! Those days are gone, now I get to wash my car on weekly bases and just down stair...HEHE.