G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

S2000 owners (this is a rant, be warned)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2000 owners (this is a rant, be warned)

Has any one noticed this as well....

Everywhere I go, if a S2000 pulls up next to me, doesnt matter if their 17 or 70 in the driver seat, they ALWAYS have to race. It's like they feel insignificant next to the beauty of the G and have to "show off" their mighty Vtec engine. Don't get me wrong, their nice cars, but I didn't buy this car to go street racing every day. It seems that what the S2000 owners by me believe, I now drive a race car for all of them to come play with. Don't get me wrong, I love driving this car, and love the thrill of driving it fast, but I've had my license for 4 years now. I got caught doin 100 in a 65, and by me thats a double fine. This was waaay back though, and it's not so much of a matter anymore, but I really can't afford getting pulled over again. Im honestly a pro of telling what gear an S2000 is in just by the sound now, I mean, I hear their drivers furiously downshift to 3rd just to blow away from me.....usually while I'm minding my own in traffic. I rarley look over, I never give the "knod" that I want to race, its just every time I see one, they decide to go haulin off down the road. Is it just me? Are they really that envious of the G? Or am I just crazy and its only me that this happens to. Either way, I just want this to stop its gettin almost obnoxious.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black No navigation. No spoiler, yet.

Old 03-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Re: S2000 owners (this is a rant, be warned)

You're just venting. No big deal. People do what people do right, just don't let them get to you.

Old 03-02-2004, 03:28 PM

You're just venting. No big deal. People do what people do right, just don't let them get to you.

Old 03-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a similar experience that I posted earlier last month...but is was regarding TL owners....

careful, do not generalize that all 2000 drivers are like that....
I made the mistake and it was a mistake grouping all the TL drivers in one statement, Its not fair for everyone to get put into that category...

I feel your pain....I'm no longer a young buck, but it must be something about this car that stirs the curiostiy in other brand owners...any chance they get to get a go at ya....just smile....i'm rather flattered that everyone...strike that "some" people want to still race me....hehehe[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's

Old 03-02-2004, 04:44 PM

hehe yeah I guess your right, it's usually on Route 18 (and anyone from New Jersey knows route 18 by the shore, and how much the cops love the road) and they just implimented these new "Double-Double" speed corridors on 18 (the road I take, 35 miles each way, to work every day) and basically its normally a double fine getting caught speeding in a 65 zone in NJ, now its a double of the double fine when you get caught by state troopers. Just wish people could look and stare, not make me prove what my car can do.

Old 03-02-2004, 05:40 PM

shoot i want to race a S2000!!!

only the civics and crx wants to race me...

2003 G35 Coupe 6spd

Old 03-02-2004, 05:42 PM

Best thing to do in your situation is to shake your head from side to side (saying NO). If you have your windows down simply say "stop light special olympics is only for retards" and look away.

But if you want to race, start modding now, because those little buggers are quick. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR/Willow/Premium/Aero/Splash/BSM
30% Lumar Tint, Invinca Shield (C-Bra),
Z-Tube & JWT Pop Charger

Old 03-02-2004, 06:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

EX250, next time someone wants to race, whether it's an S2K or whatever, think of the fines and other consequences of street racing. It's not worth the risk.
Let those other turkeys try explaining to the cops and then to judge about their stupidity. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 03-02-2004, 06:36 PM

double double? never heard of that. i live near 18 but in east brunswick.

i take pkwy north, to end, 3 days a week. other two days i take tpk south to PA tpk.

i cruise between 75-85

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:41 PM

Studly - You probably know them better as the new Gov McGreevy Speed Corridors. Certain roads that were patrolled majorityly by township cops (IE 18, 9 especially) are now State Cop speed trap central. If they get you, its a double fine instantly.

Now the fun part, if your caught in a 65 zone it is automatically double the fine. This was part of the "way to get the 65 zone in Jersey" so to speak. Now, its not that the fine is double after you get it, the fines themselves are doubled just by being in the 65 zone. Now, if you get hit by a state cop under the new "corridor" rules, its double the existing road fine, hence the "double-double" fine. Now, what I want to see, is someone get hit in the speed corridor on 18 during road construction....can you say Double, double double?

Old 03-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll see ya double and raise ya double...Call.........
New Jersey has gone nuts with the fines/penalties for speeding...
They usually leave you alone on the GSP if you stay under 75....I'm not too sure about rte 18, I travel that sometimes to our sons dorm at rutgers...but other than that I stay away from the Brunswicks...(no offense Studly..) its a nice area but I have no reason to frequent it.<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's

Old 03-03-2004, 12:29 AM

I have a MY04 S2000 and my wife's new G35C is coming in a few weeks. It's ridiculous to generalize that all S2K owners feel "insignificant" and want to race. I appreciate both cars, as fabulous examples of technology at a fraction of what you would pay for German equivalents. The G35C has power, grace, beauty, and terrific luxury; the S2K, with the top down, is sheer exhilaration. The S2K has a very loyal following among folks with an appreciation for technology and value -- and many, like me, are NOT into street racing

Old 03-03-2004, 11:16 AM

I don't know what all the fuss is about the S2000 - I ate one pretty easily from a roll and from a light. My only major mod is a japtrix y pipe and bruellen exhaust - good for 15 hp at the wheels.

Here's how it went down. I was traveling up a blvd at regular speed. Ahead of me, I could see a S2000 getting ready to pull out of an apartment complex. I could see him looking at the G as I went by. He had to wait for 2 other cars to go pass before pulling out. Then from my rear view mirror, I saw him pull out into the middle lane - quickly, and start to tear up the road behind me to catch up and pass. So I let him catch up and as he was about to pass - I dropped to 3rd and floored it. I almost immediately matched his speed - then we traveled a bit - neck in neck. I shifted to 4th and pulled away about 2 car lengths but we were approaching a stop light - so I had to get off it. At the light I looked over to him to give him props but he acted like he didn't see me - dick!!
The light turned green - he gunned it - I gunned it and got a perfect shift. I pulled 3 car lengths in 1st and 2nd. 3rd just dusted him or he gave up and got off the gas. Then he turned off just like every other kill. Why do kills do that? Every time you eat them up, they act like they were turning anyway and not really racing.

Old 03-03-2004, 11:18 AM

Actually, I would love a shot at an S2000. They're very comparable in speed and performance and it would be cool to take one on. Regardless of their 9000 RPM limit, they would spin their tires on take off just like me. It's the shifting that determines the winner.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:31 PM

You’re correct. I’ve raced my husband twice for fun (me in the G, he in the S) and I’ve won both times. The first time we were very close, I quit at 70mph (surface streets) and he probably would’ve passed me if we kept going. The second time he missed a shift—what a difference a shift makes! But really, they’re completely different cars.

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S2000 owners (this is a rant, be warned)