G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is my g35 A LEMON!! PLS HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 12:39 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
^^heres the link about the carfax buy back http://www.carfax.com/cfm/check_order.cfm

Old 12-15-2007, 12:42 AM
sigh this sucks!!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dump the car....

I doubt the car fax will help....You didnt purchase a carfax report...The used car lot gave you a freebie copy?? Right.....

Cut your losses quickly...

Old 12-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1st of all, the squeaking noise is normal in the G. There are thousands of threads about it. However, if its a "popping" noise, then its the rear axle bolt. Just like my 06.

The aftermarket brake pads are BS especially stuff from Autozone . Replace them with OEMs..

And the 1000 miles overdue oil change don't mean shlt.. 4000 is ok. Your car isn't going to die. If it does burn oil, then its the MOTOR not the 4000k overdue oil change.

I drove my s2k 5k b4 changing oil and red lining that car all day. No oil consumption issues.

3k is safe, but 4k wont destroy your car.... But yes, the G has a history of burning oil, (05+ rev ups).. So taking your car to the dealer ever 3k will stop them from BSing you for warranty work.

I don't think ur car is a lemon other then the fact that it was in an accident. I would in your case, take the loss and get another G35. But don't expect the squeaking noises to be gone. (The brake noises should be gone if you replace the pads and get your rotors turned)..

Old 12-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Lemon has nothing to do with your problem.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
some additional information.

CARFAX Is nothing but a convenient collection of public record. Just because Carfax says the car has not been in an accident does not guarentee it. If the car has been in an unreported accident, then CARFAX will not show it.

A good way to see if a car has been in a frontal accident is to pop open the hood, and look at the bolts holding on the fenders and anything else. They are painted over at the factory, and will show VERY obvious marks if they have ever been taken off. There is no reason for them to EVER be taken off unless the car has been damaged.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I would get a obd2 scanner and check what the code is throwing.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Dr.G,pghG35 never mentioned anything about burning oil.Neither did I.I should have clarified what I mean.The oil's viscosity degrades over time,especially if you drive like me.There might be almost the same amount of oil you remove as you added but the viscosity isn't the same.Then there's the oil filter.Besides,it's cheap maintenance for our FINE machines so wtf.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HAHAHAHA you cant lemon law a car when its that old, its 18,000 miles or 18 months whatever comes first. Thats that law here in CA, I doubt it varies much from that in your state. DO you know how many cars GM would have to buy back in lemon law was the life of the car!

You think your trouble is bad, Ive had a rattling mirror that they tried to stop from squeeking and cant, a brand new tranny installed because of chatter, both seats have gotten new seat foam, driver seat got new leather, my clutch pedal was making a wierd thumping sound and replaced, my rear defroster blows, and LAST BUT NOT LEAST A BRAND NEW ENGINE BECAUSE IT WAS CONSUMING OIL.

Total time spent at the dealership and I havent been able to drive it 2.25 months out of 1.5 years. Thats a lot.

Your car shuts off thats pretty bad though!

Last edited by in2win; 12-15-2007 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
some additional information.

CARFAX Is nothing but a convenient collection of public record. Just because Carfax says the car has not been in an accident does not guarentee it. If the car has been in an unreported accident, then CARFAX will not show it.

A good way to see if a car has been in a frontal accident is to pop open the hood, and look at the bolts holding on the fenders and anything else. They are painted over at the factory, and will show VERY obvious marks if they have ever been taken off. There is no reason for them to EVER be taken off unless the car has been damaged.

Yep. If the body shop doesn't report the accident to Carfax, then they know nothing about it.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesnt sound like a Lemon, A car being covered under Lemon Law would be a different scenario...

Just sounds like a used car lot sale.

Things it could be,

Front end Compression Rod Bushings (fairly Common).

As far as the brake pads. The stock pads are pretty noisy to begin with. Usually aftermarket pads that are put on the G (like Hawk) are quiet. Have them check the minimum rotor specifications and measure the rotors... Also what do the pads look like? With the amount of mileage your G has they are probably the original stock pads, worn, and a different color than the current OE replacement pads (which have changed since the original release of the car)...

As far as being in an "Accident" it could have, but also, keep in mind a lot of car lots do spot paint touchups on the car... Like paint half a quarter panel, etc... Usually done in the back of the lot under a tent out doors. NOt the greatest quiality, but looks better at the time of the sale...

Bring the car to a trusted mechanic that you have known for a while. Have them look at the bushings, see if there are part number tags on parts under the car.

Get the car on a lift take good detailed photos and post them online even! Take pictures of the bushings, the parts of the pads that are visible through the calipers, etc etc..

Old 12-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry to say that it doesn't sound much different than many of the problems our owners have with their cars. It just that you have the problems all at once.Considering you bought it used and not new you can always dump it even at a loss and start with a clean slate and another car. You need to ask, is this car worth all the grief it is giving me?

Old 12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
thanks for the imput guys! im taking my G to the infiniti dealership to see whats up with my SERVICE ENGINE SOON light on my dash! im also goin to ask them to try to get rid of my squeaking noise! im goin to tell the techs there to keep my car till the sound is gone =]

Old 12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
the z roadster is a good choice, very clean looking when nicely done.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Whoa, wait and go to a body shop if you know of one. Maybe they are friendly types that can take a look see. I bought an 04 about that price about that mile marker. I saw a small nick, more like a gouge in the rear bumper. It made me crazy so I had the rear bumper cover removed repaired and repainted. A couple months later I was bugged by the inevitable stone chips and pebble marks that all G's are subject to on the front bumper. I brought my car back and had them repaint that (front bumper) as well as take care of some curb rash underneath that you could only see way down low if you were on your knees.

So just cause a car may have had some paint work to repair day to day stone chips or something, does not mean it was in a wreck. A good body shop can tell usually if it had been or not.

Lets deal with one thing at a time. Maybe 4 tires the same size had been nothing but an error by the last owner or tire shop that had no clue there were different sizes. That can be dealt with.

The brakes, OK, what if you get stock pad or different pads to replace the noise makers. I have OEM with maybe 5K miles on them and they tend to squeal coming to a stop sometimes. Thinking of going to Akebono Ceramics myself.

I do not think a check engine light ever comes on for an oil change. The engine is not that smart. You can even go to Auto Zone where they hook a free diagnostic check and tell you what code is showing up. May just be an o2 sensor or something that caused the car to turn on the light and act funky.

Don't get overwhelmed and try to fix everything at once. Tackle the engine light first and work through the list.

Good luck.

Edit....did not see you posted about going to the dealer. We're pulling for you.

Last edited by Bob1; 12-15-2007 at 11:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is my g35 A LEMON!! PLS HELP!!