G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What kind of Car alarm setup do you all have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the stock alarm good enough or should I go all out and get a Clifford Matrix RS3 with shock sensors, auto immobilizer, trunk sensor, hood sensors, tilt sensors, and proxmity sensor??

Old 03-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: What kind of Car alarm setup do you all have?

Don't waste your dough! Bottom line is if they want it, they're gonna take it! All that an alarm helps do is deter the local amateurs from walking away with your ride, as with a pro, if he wants it, nothing you have will stop him. They'll pick it up and tow it away if they have to with the sirens whaling. The stock systems protects the important areas of your car not to mention it makes it almost impossible to drive away with the car if you dont have the key, as its linked directly to the cars ECU and not to some circuit in the ignition housing. The aftermarket systems, although they can get fancier and offer more area protection at higher sensitivities, don't look at them for peace of mind. My friend Z06 with a $600 clifford system was stolen from the MALL! They said it was probably flat bedded and stripped for parts. What really works well and that's SOOOO simple, is LINE LOCK for your front and rear brakes! These are sold to and used by racers to do burn out at race tracks for pre staging. They tap into your brake lines and can lock any line or lines they're connected to. They sell them with electric actuators and can be hard wired to most any remote system. Once locked (activated) you can lock every wheel on your car (unlike the e-brake that will only lock the rears) which will ultimately make towing and or flatbedding the impossible and or extremely difficult, in which case they might not bother. I have seen a flatbed try and pull up a car with locked brakes, and it was no easy task, to the point where the guy almost burned out his winch. Ask around and those who know a thing about car alarms and such will all say the same thing, its not whether you can prevent the braek in (which is the easy part - siren or not) its how you can prevent them from taking the car thats important!

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 03-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Don't waste your dough! Bottom line is if they want it, they're gonna take it!

<hr></blockquote> totally right. Best "alarm" is good insurance.

I debated getting an aftermarket alarm, but decided on just adding a shock/motion sensor to the factory alarm.

People who break into cars are lazy, that's why they break into cars. Usually, they will just move on to an easier target if you have some sort of security.

Nothing will stop a thief from towing your car away or breaking out a window.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

Old 03-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

I have the high-end AutoPage model. My main concern isn't car thieves. It's vandalism. I work in Newark, NJ. It's provides great peace of mind. I get a "warning" page first letting me know there has been some contact with my car. Usually when I go check it out, its some dillhole that doesn't know how to park. But a couple of times, I've seen punks staring into my car. Then I hit the panic feature and they run. Trust me when I say a 120db siren is a lot different than your run of the mill everyday alarm.

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

Old 03-03-2004, 12:01 AM

I'm with puff. I have the Clifford Matrix 3.5X. Mostly for the remote start features but it's peace of mind as well. My FOB beeps and shows me what exactly is happening, shock, hood, trunk or proximity. I've come out once and saw some lady trying to get into my car...damn Mom!

It was worth if for me since I had mad discount and major hook ups while working at Best Buy. $350 installed!!!

Old 03-03-2004, 03:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello: i have RS-3 installed, not really for protection but more for the convenience and cool factor it provides, i can remote start the car in summer time and cool off the car by the time i gets in, or warm it up in wenter time, roll window up and down, auto door locking when driving, two way paging, visual confirmation, decent range, only two things i didnt like about it, are the proxmity sensors, its kinda tempermental, the sensor is very hard to set it right, it either wont go off when set it too low, or it will goes off when wind blows, when set it lil high, other things is that it need replace the battery just bout every two to three months...s.w.

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 03-03-2004, 08:29 AM

Good point about the new remotes battery consumption. It definitely eats them up! That's why I got some rechargeables. My proximity sensor works great! The only problem is that my tint has metallic flake and it messes with it so it takes a little longer to go off when the windows are up.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:35 AM

I had the Viper 690XV Responder Alarm on my stolen 99CivicSi and it didnt' stop the bastards that stole it. This is one of those alarms that page you. I also had the backup battery and siren just in case they disconnect the main battery. I had it installed replacing the stock alarm after 3 attempts of break-in here in Queens, so I figured I should feel less worried.

But all to no avail, it wasn't broken into, it was towed or flatbedded with the alarm wailing as some witnesses saw it. I was out of range I guess that time or the damn battery was almost dead again so I didn't get any page. Those damn remotes uses up too much battery life, have to replace them almost every two months, or less if you use the vibrate page mode often.

Only good thing about what happened was I was able to get the G from the insurance money as downpayment [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Damn those Si's have high resale values, still got 12K for a 17K 4.5yr old car running 90K miles [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img].

Sorry long story. I'm sticking with the stock alarm.

2004 Coupe 6MT / Ivory Pearl / Black / Premium / Aero / 3pc Bodykit

Old 03-03-2004, 10:54 AM
G SQUAD

I totally agree with Ducati as its the truth of the matter. If a thief wants your car, they will take it regardless of what alarm you have on. All you can do is enjoy your ride and try to use it to the maximum. There's always someone who wants your sh*t.

Old 03-03-2004, 11:42 AM

Why do I feel like i'm the only one with a brain around here. I just jack up my car, take the wheels off and carry them around with me wherever I go. You cant flatbed a car sitting on the pavement with no wheels. I had a friend attach a gizmo to the front left wheel so I could wear it on my necklace. Quite fashionable. What do I do with the other three? Well this is where the brain power comes in. I strap a camel saddle on my wifes back and bungee tie the remaining wheels to it. Viola.

Old 03-03-2004, 11:55 AM

justICE - freakin' hilarious.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:57 PM
G SQUAD

lmao!!!Thats some funny sh%t

Old 03-08-2004, 04:14 PM

Any idea how much do I looking at if i just want to get a shock/motion sensor installed onto my stock alarm?

Thanks in advance [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Grounding Kit
GruppeM Intake
Fujitsubo Cat-back + Y-pipe
19" NISMO LM GT4<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Saridi on 03/08/04 01:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 03-08-2004, 04:40 PM

<a href="https://g35driver.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=FAQ&Number=128616&page=0&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&part=">about $35 if you DIY</a>

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

Old 03-08-2004, 05:52 PM

Thanks redwillow [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Grounding Kit
GruppeM Intake
Fujitsubo Cat-back + Y-pipe
19" NISMO LM GT4

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What kind of Car alarm setup do you all have?