G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

which S/C is the best???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which S/C is the best???

sorry i was going to post on the Tech/Mods forum.......but there are more posts on this.........so i thought i would get a quicker response.

1) Which S/C adds the most hp Vortech, Stillen, etc....?

2) How about the Greddy Twin Turbo?

3) How much does it usually cost for installation?

4) Lastly....How can you find a shop that would do a good job installing.....i dont want to take it to some cheap mechanic.....

thanks

Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Re: which S/C is the best???

yah someone answer this question i want to know and still cant decide lol, i want my car to be a sleeper, with a lot of hp and i dont want to install a intercooler. Is the procharger the one without one? or am i wrong

Quick Robin... TO THE BATMOBILE.

Old 04-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Yeah, it depends where you want the power. The Stillen makes the best low end power, the ATI and Vortech make more top end power, but that's due to their designs. They're all very different and everyone's going to have their own opinions (and many with facts) on which one is the best.

I only have persnoal experience with the Stillen unit so far and it seems to be a bit more conservative, but also very safe. They have the optional intercooler and a larger pulley out now as well, to help bring top end power levels up close to the other S/C's on the market.

Tuning is probably the biggest thing right now with forced induction on these cars....

As always, YMMV.

Justin @
EverythingG35.com

Old 04-12-2004, 08:26 PM

Doesn't the Stillen come with a 3 year warranty on engine and SC when installed at the dealer? Or is that just on a brand new Z car?

Old 04-12-2004, 11:19 PM

those are some very good points. I was thinking ATI all the way, but it seems like the Vortech camp is coming up with very good points...anyone from the ATI camp care to counter these points? I don't mean to start a war, i just want to know everyone's opinion who has first hand experience with the kits, seeing the pro's and con's of each. Thats the point of this board eh? To find out info from people who have gone down the road you are looking at so that we can learn from their experiences whether they are good or bad. I have read somewhere that the ignition retard on the Vortech is not a fix for detonation, but rather a cover up. I forgot exactly what the point was, but if anyone remembers, can they refresh our memories? One of my stronger points for the ATI is that it is a self contained unit, and you do not have to tap the oil pan. I had many terrible oil leak problems with my previous car, which was turbo, but its the same concept of a tapped oil pan. also, they say that a self contained unit runs more efficiently and cooler because it doesnt have the engine's oil running thru it. Some coupes with the ATI have been putting out good numbers in the 360 hp range, but it seems like Vortech is putting out more torque. I think torque is as equally a big factor as HP on these cars since they are not paper weights. I do not like the fact that the ATI sits crammed behind the AC lines and radiator, but since i have access to custom fiberglass fabrication, i'm hoping that if i do go ATI i can cut and fit a scoop similar to the ATI 350Z. does anyone have a good pic of the front end of the G with the ATI? i need to try and estimate the dimensions and see if a custom piece is a possibility. Loren, do u have the vortech in your car? anyways, i'm going to stop rambling because i'll go on forever about this, lol!

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra
Bone Stock...to be continued...
"You kill mah brodah, now I kill you!" - some old kung-fu flick