G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ yeah, for some its marriage first, either or, those two very, but none the less, its a major step, hahaha

Old 07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
Originally Posted by NyG35fL
What to do after you get a G35?

Birth. Pubity. G35. Marriage. Death.
^lol!!! I'm sorry, just had to point that out.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by NoirKyouto
If it's properly installed and sealed with rubber garments or silicon... I see no reason it should leak. Mine doesn't for sure...
^+1

Old 07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
I took the car to Nissan where they found out I have warranty until August 12th this year. I quickly showed them the gauge and they said there is nothing wrong with it, all Infinities have the gauge showing minimal temperatures. As much as hearing it from Nissan comforts me, its still very hard to believe....

I also showed them the AC, and they said I can book an appointment, and have it checked for 80USD, and they will quote me a price how much it costs for a fix. They said its most likely some Micro filter, or the lack of Freon, etc. However, they insist on having the car for 3 days, as they claim the list for AC repair is long as the Great Wall of China.... which makes sense as Summer just hit us hard with Temps now in the 50s C.

I am still looking for the best window tint out there. Any comments? I found so far V-Kool, 3M, LLumar and Solar Gard. I park the car outside in front of the office, and the sun is quite aggressive here and I am worried about interior fading, etc. Today I was driving for 2 hours in a row around Dubai, and just before getting out of the car, I touched the windshield from inside, and it nearly burned my fingers. And that is with AC blowing kind of cold all the time, as all passengers were comfortable.

I found a shop where they sell the KnN Air filters, but I am hesitant on getting it for the simple reason, that I live in the middle of the desert. And it is no Cali/Arizona desert, but a Sand Dune kind of desert like Sahara with lots of sand all over the air. Do you think a KnN kind of Open Air filter is a good idea in such conditions?

Thanks

Ben

Old 07-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Trust me, Phoenix gets huge rolling dust storms rolling in from the south prior to monsoons all the time, and always when I'm on my way to work lol. So far no issues, just have to keep on top of cleaning the filter (easy btw, just wash it, let it dry, and oil it up). However, paper filters always have the best filtration... but honestly you'd be fine with an intake.

As for tint, as long as it's UV blocking, the brand doesn't really matter. UV's the largest cause of dash fading, though the heat will cause the dash to warp and such. Best way to fight that is to keep it garaged of course. After the tint, a windshield blocker's a good way to fight it while at work. Before my last windshield busted, it was actually tinted and man did it make a HUGE difference. :cough not legal: It was only about 5% blocking if that, but it still helped.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Nice G...now take that f****r out and pick some chicks up at Cyclone. Been there done that got the doctor bill....

Old 07-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the tips, I will get the tint this week if all goes well. I was driving outside today again, and the heat in unbearable.

Another thing came to my mind. The car has no floormats, and I am worried about getting the carpet dirty. Any place I can find the original Infiniti floor mats?

Thanks,

Ben

Old 07-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Old 07-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks, I have seen that, but this is what worries me:

****Newer OEM mats may not come with logo emblem***
I would prefer to have the stock look, and it includes the Infiniti logo on it.

By the way, I just found out that my car was probably equipped with the Sport package, as I have the Drilled metal pedals, and the 7 spoke 18inch rims. This would immediately explain the road noise, the hard suspensions could cause that.

Thanks,

Ben

Old 07-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to post back with a few pictures. We drove to Abu Dhabi this past weekend, and took a few pictures on the way.

Anyways, I am still interested in the Stock floor mat and the best tint possibilities.

This tuesday I will take the car to Nissan for an AC checkup, and to have my temp gauge tested and fixed. I called them today (Sunday is a working day here) and they already booked me for two days later which is impressive. What is not so impressive is that I need to leave my car there for 2-4 days

Well, enough said, here are the promised pictures, cheers

Ben

Old 07-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
!!! Why did you drive your car on the beach? haha.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:00 PM
The sand there isn't as deep as our beaches. Sorry for the crap link bence.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Yepp, sand wasnt deep at all, and for the picture, it was worth it for me.

Lots of people drive their cars to the beach and camp out next to it, which is what we did, but probably for the last time, as getting in from the beach to the car does mess it up a bit inside.

Capitol G35, you have your G down in Somalia, or you have it back home? This is assuming you aren't from Somalia.....

I am dying to find the floor mats, someone please help

Thanks,

Ben

Old 07-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by bence8810
Hi All,

I just signed the papers yesterday for a G35 Coupe GCC (Middle East) edition, and will be getting the car in two days. It is Gold with Beige interior, has the Bose sound with MP3 etc. It seems to have everything, but interestingly it has no rear spoiler, which I thought was a basic on all G35 Coupes.

Was there a version with no spoiler in the back?

The car has 54000 kilometers. Is there anything I should specifically look out for in the beginning? I am thinking of getting the Air filter changed, and maybe get fresh oil and filter as well as fuel filter. In the UAE where I currently am, sand is an everyday partner in our lives, so Air filters come and go very fast.

Can I get a rear spoiler to the car installed? I dont want anything fancy, just the regular stock look.

What can I do to the car to make it sound a bit more? I dont want anything agressive, just a bit more roar while accelerating.

Some race air filter and maybe an exhaust system? What do you guys suggest?

This is my first Infiniti and in fact my first Japanese car, so I am lost in the dark.

Thanks a lot,

Ben
congrats and g/l with all.

sky is the limit..

Old 07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
3M and Solar Gard tint are good...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?