G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Long time no post. Clint, I hope your G is still with you and not at the impound....

I have another question that has been bugging me. When I open the car with the remote, only the left door opens, and I need to press the switch inside the door-handle to open the passenger door. Is there a way to set it so that the remote unlocks both doors?

The Infiniti dealer has notified me that the parts I ordered arrived from Japan, but Nissan invoiced them double, so they are trying to sort out the cost issue. I am promised to hear back tomorrow.

Cheers

Ben

Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by bence8810
I have not the slightest idea of what you are referring to

Ben
He is referring to Oil Consumption. It seems like a big problem for the rev up motor, mostly 05 - 07 and now I have heard some non rev up also are being plagued. It seems like a hit or miss problem. I had my car for 51K miles and did notice it at all, but who knows. I am starting to check my oil regularly now and does seem to be burning oil but not as bad as others have experienced it. Anyways more info can be found here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...ption-tsb.html

Old 09-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by trm3
He is referring to Oil Consumption. It seems like a big problem for the rev up motor, mostly 05 - 07 and now I have heard some non rev up also are being plagued. It seems like a hit or miss problem. I had my car for 51K miles and did notice it at all, but who knows. I am starting to check my oil regularly now and does seem to be burning oil but not as bad as others have experienced it. Anyways more info can be found here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...ption-tsb.html
Oh I see now, thanks. I thought it was only for the Rev-ups. I dont think I have it so far, and I am at only 55K kms, which is like 33K miles. I will have a look at that though with the dealer on the next tune-up. Here in the desert we have to go for service every 5000 kms/3000miles. Quite annoying, but the heat eats cars here.

I am still wondering about two things that have not been answered yet.

Can I make the passanger door opening by the remote?

Should I leave the lightswitch on AUTO and not worry about the lights staying on for 1 minute every day twice with the car off?

Thanks
Ben

Old 09-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by bence8810
Oh I see now, thanks. I thought it was only for the Rev-ups. I dont think I have it so far, and I am at only 55K kms, which is like 33K miles. I will have a look at that though with the dealer on the next tune-up. Here in the desert we have to go for service every 5000 kms/3000miles. Quite annoying, but the heat eats cars here.

I am still wondering about two things that have not been answered yet.

Can I make the passanger door opening by the remote?

Should I leave the lightswitch on AUTO and not worry about the lights staying on for 1 minute every day twice with the car off?

Thanks
Ben
I would not worry about the lights. I have mine on auto all the time and every time I enter my garage they turn on. I felt annoyed in the beginning but I figured Infiniti put that feature for a reason.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by trm3
I would not worry about the lights. I have mine on auto all the time and every time I enter my garage they turn on. I felt annoyed in the beginning but I figured Infiniti put that feature for a reason.
Thanks, I also figured that. However, it still kind of bothers me that the battery is being drained twice a day for no good reason. But you neve know, it might also be good for the battery to get a nice excercise

I am wondering about the passenger door unlock thing still. Is it normal on all G's that the remote only unlocks the driver's door?

We have another Nissan here a Tida, and that opens all 4 doors with the remote.

Ben

Old 09-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yeah its normal. one press unlocks driver door and two quick presses unlocks all doors...

been so busy with work and personal stuff... haven't had the time to detail my car in over a month but its all good...

Old 09-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by clinthammer
yeah its normal. one press unlocks driver door and two quick presses unlocks all doors...
Thanks mate, that is what I was looking for. Had no idea that two quick presses unlock all doors. I need to try this later today.

Cheers, hope you get your detailing done soon. I just had a shippment coming in with Zaino Z9 and Z10 products. They should reduce the leather smell in the car as per other forum members. It was a pain in the bucket to get it here though, first I ordered it from Zaino itself and had it shipped to my US PO box. The forwarder came back to me and said that liquids are not allowed to be forwarded, so he destroyed them. The second batch I ordered from another place that ships overseas, but they charged me $80 for shipping on a $20 value product. I was ready to smash my head against the wall, but now that I am clam, I am happy to finaly have the product. I will apply it this weekend and let you know the result. It should restore leather smell to new I heard.

Cheers

Ben

Old 05-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Angry road noise!!!!!

Is it normal in the 06 g35 sedan,to get excessive road noise thru the shifter assy/center console area? I just had the shifter assy replaced. could they have left something off,maybe a part that keeps out road noise that goes under the car?????????

Old 05-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
whats the point of replying to this thread when its from 2008 and has nothing to do with your sedan and your problem.

Originally Posted by scottyboy24
Is it normal in the 06 g35 sedan,to get excessive road noise thru the shifter assy/center console area? I just had the shifter assy replaced. could they have left something off,maybe a part that keeps out road noise that goes under the car?????????

Old 05-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scottyboy24
is it normal in the 06 g35 sedan,to get excessive road noise thru the shifter assy/center console area? I just had the shifter assy replaced. Could they have left something off,maybe a part that keeps out road noise that goes under the car?????????

Fail!!!!!