G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New 04 Coupe owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 04 Coupe owner!

Hello all!

I have been reading on this forums for a while now, but I have just registered because I bought an 04 G coupe (6MT navi package) about a week ago. I was a bit of a rookie at driving a manual transmission, but I am a bit better now lol. But I had a few questions:

1) Do the 04's have bluetooth capabilities?
2) How smooth do you guys shift when shifting from 2nd-3rd,3rd-4th,etc...?
3) Around what RPM do you guys shift into 2nd? Reason why I ask is I do it around 3k, because I don''t want to redline or damage the vechile. But I hate shifting after 15mph lol...Trying to get some pointers from you seasoned veterans that drove standard for more then a week lol.
4) Do you guys get the shifts almost as smooth as an automatic will?
5) And does driving standard become almost 2nd nature to you guys?
6) Last question: is it possible to download the navi software for my navi system online, then burn it to a disk?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Old 07-22-2008, 12:04 AM
No opinions?

Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Bluetooth wasn't introduced until '06. That's the only one I know sorry, bumpin it

Old 07-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1) Answered above
2) Pretty smoothly
3) Depends... around town just relaxing ~3k. When driving "spiritedly", redline.
4) With practice it can approach the smoothness of an auto.
5) Absolutely
6) Not sure... search around and you should be able to find that answer on the forum

Old 07-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by shockedimpy
Hello all!

I have been reading on this forums for a while now, but I have just registered because I bought an 04 G coupe (6MT navi package) about a week ago. I was a bit of a rookie at driving a manual transmission, but I am a bit better now lol. But I had a few questions:

3) Around what RPM do you guys shift into 2nd? Reason why I ask is I do it around 3k, because I don''t want to redline or damage the vechile. But I hate shifting after 15mph lol...Trying to get some pointers from you seasoned veterans that drove standard for more then a week lol.
6) Last question: is it possible to download the navi software for my navi system online, then burn it to a disk?

Thanks for all your help guys!

1- No, no Bluetooth until 06
2- Very smooth.. VQ has lots of low end torque so around town I shift between 1800-2500 if I'm just crusin around with traffic; yes, I can keep up and usually am ahead even at that low RPM... Get to the next gear quickly, no hesitation between shift action.
3-1800-2500, very smooth. Actually all RPM's are smooth once you get the feel and your action is very fast. Lets say I'm merging on freeway speed traffic: 3500-4000RPM's will usually do just fine through the gears and up to desired speed.
4- Yes, just as smooth, if you want, once you get the feel of it.
5- Yes, have been driving stick since 1978, would have no other way, not even in Houston traffic.
6- Sorry, don't have factory NAV, Have a nice Kenwood system for that.

htb

Last edited by htownboy; 07-22-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an 06 g35 coupe I just got about 2 months almost, and its alittle tricky to smoothly drive this bad boy without a couple of jersk here and there, Ill try my best to answer your questions.

Answer: I dont know this.

Answer: IF I concentrate, I can get it pretty smooth, I feel first to second is alittle tricky, after that, its smooth. MY first to second is prob the roughest.

Answer: Unless I need to pull off at the line fast, I shift about 2k rpm, just to leave room for when I need to hit it hard for some people that test the G, I shift at 2.6k rpm every gear, I feel its the best way to save room for later if you drive it just alittle hard. I mean, I hope someone else can comment if Driving a G normally means to shift at 3 rpm or more, Please give your input.

Answer: I feel I am getting therte, been driving stick for almost 4 years, so I had a little honda, but now that I have my 06 gmt g35 coupe, ITs been only 2 months and still getting the hang of it.

Answer: I love driving standard, Imagine a sexy *** girl sitting in your G ride and she gets turned on by your shifts!!!!

Answer: I do not have a navi, no comment, I got an iphone though!, lol

hope I helped alittle, Im no expert, just a regular driver.