G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

On the market for a G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^Thanks for your honest opinion and recommendations. I'm really not looking to spend more than 20-25K so this is not a car i want to even consider? I can probably offer less than 26K though. The person needs it gone because of wedding and house payments.

THanks again

Old 08-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:39 AM
^Thanks, on KBB it listed $23,500 on excellent condition. I requested some more info about what exactly she means by "loaded" also requested some pictures, i should have a reply later today.

what do you guys think i should offer? 21K?

Thanks

Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Ar6entino
^Thanks, on KBB it listed $23,500 on excellent condition. I requested some more info about what exactly she means by "loaded" also requested some pictures, i should have a reply later today.

what do you guys think i should offer? 21K?

Thanks
I think you should go to autotrader or cars.com and those will give you the best idea of what they are going for. You can put in EXACTLY what you are willing to pay, mileage, year, etc. That way you can compare and truly see if this is a good deal or not. The forum is going to be full of OPINIONS but the facts are on autotrader...as far as a "good deal" "too much" etc.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I've been to those websites the last few days, i will keep browsing around then. Would it be beter to buy from private seller or a dealer?

This will be my 2nd car im buying and i just want to make sure im buying something good with no problems. Any help is much appreciated.

I look forward to becoming a g35 owner soon but modding for me will have to wait, not really into all that stuff at the moment, i was with my first car though, spent a lot of money on it haha

Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Found these....

CLICK HERE

HERE

AND HERE

HERE

HERE TOO

Sorry for all the links but any help is really much appreciated

Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Found these....

CLICK HERE

HERE

AND HERE

HERE

HERE TOO

Sorry for all the links but any help is really much appreciated

Ok this is the part where YOUR opinion comes in, lol.

In MY opinion:
The one at "Northern Auto Traders" LOOKS the best to ME because it has the sports package with 19' wheels, the Aero package and is at a clean looking dealer. It doesnt look like it has Navi though, which may not be important to you.

The one at "KG Suzuki " looks clean as well and has lower miles but it costs more. I cant tell if it has the AERO package but I doubt it because it has 17's. It does have NAVI. AND it's an '06 so it has diff lights. Looks like there's a dent or crease on the passenger side front, right above the tire.

Overall, you found some cars. Cool. Now you have to go in there and drive them and see how they all feel.

If they want 22k-23k, I'd offer them 21-21.5k OUT THE DOOR which means INCLUDING taxes. Thats like gettn it done for like 19K + tax. If its been sitting there for a while, they will be more happy to make a deal. So always ask how long its been sitting there.

If they are serious, you'll walk away with a good car.

NEVER pay more then what they are actually asking for (including taxes). If they ask for 22k and dont budge on the price, then you TELL them you'll do 22K out the door. If they still dont budge, then they arent trying to make a deal and there are too many on the market to deal with that. Move on.

definitely run the vins on carfax before you go if its on the website. if not, get it when you go to test drive.

Dont forget...a $1,000 here or there can be the difference between looking stock with 18,000miles or sitting on some hot wheels with 20,000miles. And in theory, if there is a 2005 with 22,000miles and an 2006 with 18000miles, the 2005 has been driving less (per year average).

Also, you can always get a spolier after the fact. I'd say check out ebay and just put in G35 and see what kind of things are out there.

Dont forget. Go check the cars out and decide what you can and cant deal with as far as features and looks.

GOOD luck.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
^^ Great advice, I will do that and see what happens, I hope thats not a dent, i hope its shadow. It would be nice to have NAV but I can always get one after.

I'm not a big fan of spoilers but i will think about all that once i actually have the car haha

What are the things I should look for if i go in and drive it? my last car was a Nissan Sentra so this is a big step up, I want to make sure I know what to look for.

Again, thanks a lot for all your help, its been a BIG help.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
BTW the person selling the other one, the one i posted pictures of, send me a message saying....

Overall, I love the car. Great car, reliable, nice looking. I am a "safety" person and I think it has 4-6 airbags... I am the 2nd owner, I bought it from the dealer when it got turned over from a 10,000 miles lease.

Loaded - Black Leather, power everything, moon roof, nice sound system (stock), autostick, rear wheel drive, tint, ... ... not sure what else but if you look up the specs it should tell you everything. The wheels were the only thing I did.

$21,000 is too low. If and when I sell my car, I will get another G35 or maybe a G37 - I really only want to sell because we have 3 cars, a motorcycle, boat and our house is going up for sale after our wedding. It's just too much right now.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:23 PM
BTW the person selling the other one, the one i posted pictures of, send me a message saying....

Overall, I love the car. Great car, reliable, nice looking. I am a "safety" person and I think it has 4-6 airbags... I am the 2nd owner, I bought it from the dealer when it got turned over from a 10,000 miles lease.

Loaded - Black Leather, power everything, moon roof, nice sound system (stock), autostick, rear wheel drive, tint, ... ... not sure what else but if you look up the specs it should tell you everything. The wheels were the only thing I did.

$21,000 is too low. If and when I sell my car, I will get another G35 or maybe a G37 - I really only want to sell because we have 3 cars, a motorcycle, boat and our house is going up for sale after our wedding. It's just too much right now.
Translation: They want a G37, lol.

As far as what to look for, I'm not well verse in the potential problems with G's but I do not recall any major ones. With it having low miles, there are very few things that could be wrong, honestly...especially since its a Nissan.

As with any car, make sure there are no leaks (just let it run for a while with the ac OFF as you ask your questions and look under the car). Of course make sure the ac works...which shouldnt be a problem with a 2-3 year old car.

The best thing is that you are in the low-mileage hunt so there's not going to be a lot wrong outside of a lemon.

Just see which one drives/looks the best to you. you have good choices.

And if you find yourself to be indecisive, let the PRICE dictate things

Old 08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
ok will do, the gray one that i posted pics of, its abour 30-45 mins drive. The other ones are in NY, which is 2 hour drive haha but I go to NY every 2 weeks so next weekend ill go up and test drive and see what happens.

Thanks everybody

Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You can have mine for 35,000$

Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I dont have more than 20-25K to spend, sorry but thanks anyways

Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Also found this one
http://bill-marsh-ford.ebizautos.com...e-3278271.html

nice but a little pricey

Old 11-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Ninja Joe
I'm not recommending any particular year because they all have pros and cons and I love all G35's

Personally I own an 06 coupe. I haven't had any problems except my driver side window sometimes thinks there is something blocking it from going up and rolls back down a little bit. Some kind of countermeasure to prevent a persons hand from getting caught in the window.

I had my ECU re flashed and tuned by Altered Atmosphere Motorsports so my gas mileage is fine. Fast fading tire tread isn't a problem for me. The local police is a cure for my WFS.

I just wish I had bigger brakes.
how much did u get a tank and how much are u getting now. What did they do for the tune.
did u just send in your ecu?