G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

WTF stupid Infiniti and their spare tire.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2008 | 11:17 PM
|
WTF stupid Infiniti and their spare tire.

Last night was my girlfriends b-day so we reserved a vip section at the club and decided to party out all night. Anyway we decided to meet at the club and on my way there my front right tire goes flat. So im now attempting to put the spare tire on only to figure out that the stupid tire didnt clear my front brembos. why the fvck would they include a spare tire that isn't even useable? Luckily my friends house was close by so i was able to leave the car there and have someone else pick me up....has this happened to anyone else?

Old 11-29-2008 | 11:20 PM
i dont have brembos so i never had that happen to me. but i was very upset the first time i popped my trunk to find a donut there. not even a full size spare.. u would think infiniti would throw in a full size...

Old 11-29-2008 | 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by wxp-g35
i dont have brembos so i never had that happen to me. but i was very upset the first time i popped my trunk to find a donut there. not even a full size spare.. u would think infiniti would throw in a full size...
They're staggered tires bro... the front is different from the rear, so what are they supposed to do. But OP, that is ridicolously stupid that your spare didn't fit.

Old 11-30-2008 | 12:00 AM
damn that sucks *****... i hope that shyt doesnt happen to me.. it's why i keep a can of tire foam in the trunk.

Old 11-30-2008 | 12:50 AM
G35 Coupe
WTF> !!?? wow that is a major F*** up on the manufactures

Old 11-30-2008 | 01:05 AM
It does fit cuz I just had a flat last week...Did U take out the spacer?

Old 11-30-2008 | 01:06 AM
Was it definitely caliper interference? I wonder if it could be that extra bolt that the front hubs have on them that normally prevents you from putting the rear tires on the front. If the spare tire rim doesn't have that extra hole, it's not going to fit on...

Old 11-30-2008 | 01:40 AM
+1...im going to have to try now to see if my spare clears

Old 11-30-2008 | 05:44 AM
The spacesaver spare will fit over the brembos, I'd do like the others said and check if the front hub bolt is making contact and preventing you from putting on the spare... I've seen people do that before and when you're having a good time, and a flat pisses on your parade, people tend to overlook the simple stuff. Btw, the space saver spare is to allow for more trunk space. It sucks when you have to use it, but it does allow for the targeted market buyers to fit 2 golf bags in the trunk. Plus the coupes are staggered wheel sizes, If they only included 1 spare, which size should they put in the car, and then what happens when people cheap out and don't change the tire and run a wrong size on the front or rear...

Old 11-30-2008 | 07:44 AM
I had a flat tire (left rear) yesterday and now the car is on the spare. The spare certainly looks frail and cheap. The SLIP indicator light comes on from time to time. That might be b/c of different tire pressures? I tried to figure out the necessary tire pressure for the spare tire but couldn't find it. Inflated it to 35.
The flat tire is irrepairable( only 3 months after car purchased :-( and I'm working with tirerack to get new tires. It looks like I have to change both rear tires which is annoying.
One thing that was very frustrating was how difficult the jack was to operate. It's hard to find the jack point and it's very hard to turn the **** to lift the car. I would have been in real trouble had this happened at night.

Old 11-30-2008 | 08:12 AM
on my 08 G sedan, the spare is supposed to be at 50psi (stock tires at 33psi). it is written on the driver's side when you open the door.

Old 11-30-2008 | 10:20 AM
The spare rim may have a slot to fit the bolt on the front caliper. Maybe it has to be positioned only one way to fit?

Old 11-30-2008 | 01:31 PM
The spare will DEFINATELY clear the Brembos if you have your OEM spare.

The New G37 spares will clear the Akebono BBK.

Old 11-30-2008 | 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
They're staggered tires bro... the front is different from the rear, so what are they supposed to do. But OP, that is ridicolously stupid that your spare didn't fit.
im aware they are staggered. if we can use a donut on the front and rear why cant they just make a spare the same size as the front wheel? it wont matter if its staggered because my wheels dont unstagger themselves when i install a dinky donut...

Old 11-30-2008 | 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by ericmbnomore
I had a flat tire (left rear) yesterday and now the car is on the spare. The spare certainly looks frail and cheap. The SLIP indicator light comes on from time to time. That might be b/c of different tire pressures? I tried to figure out the necessary tire pressure for the spare tire but couldn't find it. Inflated it to 35.
The flat tire is irrepairable( only 3 months after car purchased :-( and I'm working with tirerack to get new tires. It looks like I have to change both rear tires which is annoying.
One thing that was very frustrating was how difficult the jack was to operate. It's hard to find the jack point and it's very hard to turn the **** to lift the car. I would have been in real trouble had this happened at night.
correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the space saver spares supposed to be inflated to an unusually high amount? it should say it on the side of the spare but i know on my TL it was 60psi

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTF stupid Infiniti and their spare tire.