G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What all has gone wrong with your G this year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
damn girl you got a lemon.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:37 AM
eZg
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I hear you

But I have had my 06 Coupe for a year and put 23K miles on it without a glit.

Sure hope at least the engine and tranny were replaced under warranty. Also, on the bright side of things....your car should feel new again.

Keep the faith

Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eZg
But I have had my 06 Coupe for a year and put 23K miles on it without a glit.

Sure hope at least the engine and tranny were replaced under warranty. Also, on the bright side of things....your car should feel new again.

Keep the faith
+1 My car is running smoothly. Only thing I took my car in for is the window motors that automatically reroll your window down. My revup also burn a small amount of oil but nothing a peek of the dip stick won't help. And 5th gear occasionally grinds if i shift to quickly, but I'm fine with it cause it's basically an overdrive gear for me.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Haven't got anything wrong this year, beside my trip mileage keeps building up. Rest in for the winter now, for the first time in 4+ years.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STUPID window motor broke twice.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
^Ihope that is all covered under warranty.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee3point5Mhmm
+1 My car is running smoothly. Only thing I took my car in for is the window motors that automatically reroll your window down. My revup also burn a small amount of oil but nothing a peek of the dip stick won't help. And 5th gear occasionally grinds if i shift to quickly, but I'm fine with it cause it's basically an overdrive gear for me.

yea what happened. since it got colder i have come out to my car and the driver window has been halfway down. i have a problem previously where if im in the car the button doesnt automatically go up like it should. i press the button the wwindo goes to the top automatically like it should but then rolls down an extra 2 inches or so. i have to maunaully hold the window button to get it to stay shut. this hasnt been a problem just an annoyance until now. it is negative 12 degrees F in upsdate NY today and this weeks been cold. i have only noticed this in the past two week. (3 time si have coem to my car and the indow has eben down, twice were yesteray)
also in a liklely related matter when you close your door and the windo goes up ever so slightly when you are oustide, it doesnt wqork on ym driver door anymore. this is the same door withthe other issues whil passeneger is flawless.

anyone know if this is a sensor or soemthing i can take the door apart and fix my self o rsoemthing else. (seems most of the fuctionality of the window works just mayeb a sensor or soemthing is outa whack?

thanks guys

oh and i had in the past 6 months:
new clutch
new throwout bearings
new preessure plate
new JWT flywheel
new pads front and back

only thing i paid for was the flywheel and the pads. dealership installed everythign for free bc i had a clutch/pressure plate problem under warranty and the pads i did myself

Total cost >$550

go team infiniti. i just came form acura wher ei had a cl-s under tranny recall and to getthem to fix something the should.had to i had to call Honda North America and bitch for 2 days before they sent a liason....thoroughly satisfied with Nissan/Infinit SO FAR

Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that's a laundry list of maladies. Sorry to hear. In 2 years owning this G, I've only had 1 thing "go wrong"--the antenna wouldn't pick up a signal when rear defroster is on, so dealer replaced rear windshield under warranty. Other than that, I replaced brakes and tires when I first bought it 2 years ago, but those are normal wear items, and not really something "gone wrong"... My fuel gauge does have the problem where it will stop before reaching full, but I can deal with that. It's a cost-saving measure; 20-gallon tank is overkill for this car anyway...

Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang!! Thats a lot to go wrong. I have had mine for a month and a half now and all is well....but I'm a little scared after reading this, I'm going to check my oil next time I go outside...maybe put a little bit more in.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Khan, you should get into a habit of checking your oil level weekly on whatever you
drive just good practice....I know our dipstick is a PITA!
The only thing that I have going on with my coupe is that it's low enough
that my standard sears jack won't work. I made a set of "roll ups" hopefully
they're high enough to work.
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What all has gone wrong with your G this year?