G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help, I need to know all the problems with my G35C to fix before warranty expires...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, I need to know all the problems with my G35C to fix before warranty expires...

My warranty 48 month basic warranty expires tomorrow or Monday...can you give me a list of the problems I need to look at and take to the dealership and have fixed??? I just remembered about my warranty, so I'm kinda in a bind...

ThanX in advance...

Old 02-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Joe this is a very strange request, it's your car you should know if there's
anything wrong. You might check the obvious....brake pads, other than that
you're good!
Gary

Old 02-21-2009, 11:35 AM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
door lock actuators? gas tank lock? I dunno man, it is kinda an odd request as Gary said. I'd just go through and check everything if I was you and make sure everything is functional.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
hood hinges? compression rods?

Old 02-21-2009, 03:02 PM
do a 160point inspection

Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Does the warranty cover the labor cost for inspection?

Old 02-22-2009, 03:53 AM
i'm not sure on that one. i'm gonna take mine in on monday for 160point inspection. ill let u know

Old 02-22-2009, 06:30 AM
complain about ur window, try to get the motor replaced since that thing fails on us quite often

Old 02-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about checking to see if your valve covers are leaking oil into your spark plug chambers.... This might be covered under powertrain, but I would check your number 6 cyl.
Make sure your auto up windows are working.
Make sure your power seats are working thru all settings.
Might want to complain about your AC...check to see if any lines are leaking

Old 02-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Does anyone know does the dealer charge me for labor cost if they found nothing wrong to my car. For example, i want them to check my rear axle, so i gotta tell them that i hear squeak noise from the rear axle which is really not the problem. Do they charge me if there's nothing wrong? Thanks.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:10 PM
i've heard my rear axle clicking...is that covered under bumper to bumper or powertrain?

Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
ya the rear axle is covered in the warrenty, they just lube it up for you i had that done, also they do not charge to check the car if you say something is wrong but they will charge you for the 160 point inspection if they do not find anything wrong, unless of course your out of warranty

Old 02-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ben_G35
ya the rear axle is covered in the warrenty, they just lube it up for you i had that done, also they do not charge to check the car if you say something is wrong but they will charge you for the 160 point inspection if they do not find anything wrong, unless of course your out of warranty
thanks for your help bro, but it seems like im not on the right track here.
160 point inspection is just for inspection, the dealer is not going to fix anything, they still going to charge me for inspection?

If i tell them something is wrong with my car. Of course, they will check that, what if they can't find anything wrong at all. Do they still charge me for labor cost?

And one more thing, my car is still under warranty

Old 02-23-2009, 09:09 PM
yup if they do the inspection and find a problem they will and the problem is covered by warranty then everything should be FREE! but if you do the inspection and nothing is wrong or the problem is not covered by warrenty you will get charged for the inspection. but if you come with a certian problem like "my rear axle is clicking" they will check it and lube it up. no charge. like i had a problem (well still do) with my engine making a ticking noise sometimes, i went there and told them that and they lubed my axle saying it might be the axle, didnt fix the problem, i came back twice after that and of course the car doesnt make any noise when your at the dealership!! and they still to this day cant figure out the problem and i've been there like 3 times with no charge.

at least i got a free car wash out it! and they vacumed my car

Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ben_G35
yup if they do the inspection and find a problem they will and the problem is covered by warranty then everything should be FREE! but if you do the inspection and nothing is wrong or the problem is not covered by warrenty you will get charged for the inspection. but if you come with a certian problem like "my rear axle is clicking" they will check it and lube it up. no charge. like i had a problem (well still do) with my engine making a ticking noise sometimes, i went there and told them that and they lubed my axle saying it might be the axle, didnt fix the problem, i came back twice after that and of course the car doesnt make any noise when your at the dealership!! and they still to this day cant figure out the problem and i've been there like 3 times with no charge.

at least i got a free car wash out it! and they vacumed my car
ahh, now i got it. Well, i just want them to check my rear axle since my car has a quick scrapping noise, like a metallic noise when acceleration at low RPM, and some guys in this forum said it could be the rear axle or the rear wheel bearing. I just want to make sure that it's free to check the rear axle even if they cant find anything wrong. Thanks again.

And yea, i want my car to be washed and vaccumed for free also. Haha. That's so nice.

Last edited by lovemyg88; 02-23-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: add

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help, I need to know all the problems with my G35C to fix before warranty expires...