G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

DEALER says the RATTLE is Normal for G's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEALER says the RATTLE is Normal for G's!

Allright so I brought the coupe in once for the parcel shelf rattle, really annoying and embarassing in such a new car. The rattle was gone for a couple of days but returned as prenounced as ever. So I bring it back in to get it done right. Well the tech rep just called me back and says its normal for the G coupes. He said all of them have the same rattles when changing lanes and such and it seems like there is nothing they can do to completely fix it. I told him when and if I pick the car up tomorrow I want to take a test drive with the tech to either prove my point or determine if they did anything to rememdy the situation. The rattle is rediculous and embarassing! How do I approach this situation if they try and claim it is normal? They already tried to fix it once so that already proves its not normal! Basically I want some opinions on how to approach this so that the problem gets fixed, in other words I don't want to get into an argument. Rather I would like to keep it civil and if possible friendly and just get the damn car fixed. I mean come on a 40k car with 1600 miles on it and this is normal!

In addition to the rattle which is my main concern, the car has wind noise coming from the drivers side window, they tech said they replaced it and so we will see if that did anything, also the clutch chatters in first and second, embarassing to say the least. In our conversation he said the tech couldn't find anything wrong with the trans, "It shifts into gear fine" Which has nothing to do with clutch chatter! Is this what infiniti gives you for 40k? Sorry for the rant but I have to get some ways to approach this before I pick the car up tomorrow. Thanks for any advice you guys might offer.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Re: DEALER says the RATTLE is Normal for G's!

Picked up MT6 coupe last week and have not noticed any of the problems you have mentioned. I will pay extra attention during tomorrow's drive just to confirm. I've had problems with service adivisors in the past. Good Luck!

04 G35 Coupe Silver M6 - stock for now ...

Old 06-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe

Which dealer in San Diego?

03 6MT COUPE: graphite/graphite / premium / aero / oem front lip / JWT CAI / Borla exhaust / 35% tint all around

Old 06-22-2004, 09:42 PM

What dealership did you buy your coupe? I've heard from some G-owners rattle problems are coming from the door glove compartment, rear deck area, and passenger side seat belt. Some report problems with driver side power-windows as well as bad gas mileage. Very common is squeeking noise from the brakes. My coupe is due to arrive in couple weeks, so I will do my own inspection and test drive with the sales guy before leaving the lot.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:54 PM

Man, I feel really bad for you. The rattling problems is one reason I haven't purchase this car yet. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to have a brand new car that rattles, especially for the asking price.

Old 06-22-2004, 11:17 PM

The rear parcel shelf rattle isn't normal. It took my dealer three attempts to fix it but they finally did. I don't know how they fixed it but they had the entire rear seat and shelf out of the car. Unfortunately they scratched my rear tint in the reinstallation and also scratched the rear quarter panel trying to get the seat back in. They had to repaint it and had my car for a week...... bummer.

Old 06-23-2004, 10:32 AM

If I had to guess...he's talking about Discover in Escondido...that's just MY guess from prior experience there though...

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson

Old 06-23-2004, 02:09 PM

Sorry guys didn't get to reply til now. The dealer is actually Hoehn in Carlsbad, I live in San Diego. Yes the rattle is definately coming from the parcel shelf. And yes I have more than adequate experience with manual transmissions, actually I have never owned a automatic. The chatter can be heard and felt throught shifter with the window up or down. Its definately chatter. I am still trying to figure out how to approach the dealer. I still have the opinion that this car should not have these problems, accepting it as just a noisy car is rediculous considering that when I purchased the car it had none of these symptoms, and why would I expect to have these sypmtoms at the price we pay? Sorry, its just my opinion that no new car should rattle, emit wind noise, and have tranny chatter no matter how much you pay or what car you buy.

So I am still left with how to approach the dealer. I am going to try and not be confrontational, but I would rather tie'm up on their own words and service somehow. Any ideas guys? Thanks again for the help!