G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

5at - lag? solutions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2009 | 08:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by t7n7
what that does is totally different and i can't understand how that will improve shifting... its the same thing as if you were to floor your pedal each time.... and how does that make you shift faster?

and for the other dude, it DOES shift instantly, and i'm not sure how (or i would be making money selling it right?) . I asked myself the same question about a small device that is not connected to the tranny, yet makes it shift faster, i'm still clueless myself about that... I bought it literally 12 hours after a member here (zeidik) gave me a test drive and showed me how fast it shifts...

i dunno if the lag is for the good of the engine or not, but just driving the car everyday with this is a great ride everytime... how many times have you tried to overtake someone but when you slam the pedal, you have that lag which you need to take into consideration.... well this device eliminates that.... i'm sure its something simple but i dont' want to spend 300$ to take it apart thank you very much.

and instead of asking yourself why, just try it... most websites give you a money back gaurantee... and i'm not sure about 1/4 times but put it this way... a 5At shifts only at a certain rate and even when you floor it, it shifts to 2nd/3rd thus slowing your acceleration down... with this device... when i slam the pedal... it revs to like 4000-6000k and stays there for as long as it can until it instantly shifts to the next gear.... it helps with acceleration... once again, TRY IT BEFORE YOU HATE IT!

my 2cents.

They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Also a company in Canada is an authorized seller, and they let you try it before buy it if you're a local.

It doesn't have to connect directly to the tranny. Our cars is drive by wire. Meaning everything is controlled electronically. So that little device works by connecting directly to the ECM or ECU.

Whereas drive by cable has a cable connected from the pedal to the tranny which is why there is no lag with DBC.

Old 05-23-2009 | 09:01 PM
|
any other thoughts people?
anyone with experience with either sprintbooster or a grounding kit? 5at?

Old 05-23-2009 | 09:05 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Also a company in Canada is an authorized seller, and they let you try it before buy it if you're a local.

It doesn't have to connect directly to the tranny. Our cars is drive by wire. Meaning everything is controlled electronically. So that little device works by connecting directly to the ECM or ECU.

Whereas drive by cable has a cable connected from the pedal to the tranny which is why there is no lag with DBC.
yup! 100% right

anyways, JRP in mississauga sells them for 300$ CDN + tax (instead of 339 + tax) and lets you try them on the spot!

and tofu, read the posts above..

Old 05-23-2009 | 09:09 PM
|
I'm not in Canada..
I'm in Chicago.
How can a grounding kit tap into the ecu? (I'm not sure of how that works- noob in this department)

Old 05-23-2009 | 09:12 PM
i'm with you on that question... maybe the signals are grounded better so they are delivered faster to their destination? better filtered? no clue.. but i'll know on wednesday if there is a difference or not..

by the way, i got mine from Sean (sxcexec) or something.. group buy.. just search for it and you'll find it right away

Old 05-23-2009 | 09:15 PM
|
I contacted Sexexcxeexexexxexe or how you spell it,
I'm trying to figure out method of payment since I do not have paypal and mailing cash is way too risky.
I've also been looking up Gordee's kit as well but seems he's using the same payment method so I have no clue??

Old 05-23-2009 | 09:25 PM
Banned
Ok, I've done some reading on the sprint booster and so far, everyone seems to be impressed with the little plug. And those guys have over 90 posts so you know it aint a mole from the company planting in fake posts. lol

Just need to find one cheap. Group buy anyone?

Old 05-23-2009 | 10:46 PM
LOL @ the mole comment. My opinion, get the car on a dyno or hit the track. Record your baseline #s first then let's see your dyno and track #s afterward.

The last time I saw a thread on speeding up the throttle had to do with folks upgrading their Final Drive gears. We all know that adding shorter gears improves acceleration with some top speed tradeoff.

Now let's see what these sprint boosters can do. If the numbers can be proven to show significant gains on the dyno and or at the track, Z1, I'll put your product in my soon to be mod list and pick one up in shortly

Old 05-23-2009 | 11:36 PM
The manual 5at shift is an electronic lag. The purpose of the lag is to check if its safe to shift into the gear. I driven a 09 maxima and 08 altima with manual mode and both were instant because they do not have this check-gear lag.
My guess is that grounding or this sprint booster device somehow kills/disables the piece of electronic code that does the check.

Old 05-23-2009 | 11:37 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gdrift
The manual 5at shift is an electronic lag. The purpose of the lag is to check if its safe to shift into the gear. I driven a 09 maxima and 08 altima with manual mode and both were instant because they do not have this check-gear lag.
My guess is that grounding or this sprint booster device somehow kills/disables the piece of electronic code that does the check.
What about the lag on the 6mt? Safety issue also? Doubt it.

Old 05-24-2009 | 10:27 PM
Tofu, if you're still interested in seeing how smooth the shifts are in my coupe we'll setup a time and check it out in person.

For what it's worth, my grounding kit's serving it's purpose and I'm getting smoother shifts, a little bit louder radio and less lag in manual mode

Old 05-24-2009 | 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
our 6mt has a slight lag also. It because our cars drive by wires instead of cable.
This supposed drive-by-wire lag thing is a load of crap(at least in regards to our cars). I think a lot of people don't realize that any car which has fuel-injection would have the same lag as one with drive by wire, if there was to be lag.

With Electronic-Fuel Injection and a traditional cable-driven throttle plate, the system is sensing how much air is coming into the intake as well as how much you are opening the throttle(by the TPS) and then injecting the proper amount of gas into the combustion chambers to account for this. This stuff has been going on in cars for over 20 years now, and with real archaic computer technology since the late 80's.

In Drive-By-Wire systems, our ECU's are doing the exact same thing(and a little more), only it's measuring the throttle input at the pedal rather than the throttle plate and injecting the appropriate mixture of fuel into the combustion chambers... but there is still a computer doing the calculations and determining how much fuel to inject.

If you don't have faith in the fact that a computer system(ECU) can respond in real time to your inputs... consider your home PC or video game system.... there is no lag with your mouse responses when you move the mouse around or when you move your video game controller around, right? There's a heck of a lot of calculating going on to render your mouse input and video game controller inputs as well as the associated impacts on the computer or video game environment, and it all happens instantaneously and seamlessly without slowing the system down. I don't recall there being any lag in my old 1990's Nintendo game systems... and if they could do that back then, modern computers can surely do that x200.

That being said........ I don't notice any lag at all in my G35 6MT in regards to throttle response, and I split time driving my Drive-by-Wire G35 6MT and my Cable-driven Toyota Tacoma which has a 5-speed manual gearbox. The G35 is more responsive than my truck is in regards to throttle response time compared to gas pedal input.

If I drive in my G with the thing in gear and stab the gas pedal real quick... it instantaneously surges forward... which is what I'd expect from a system with minimal or no lag. When I blip the throttle to initiate rev-matched shifts, it responds quickly and in a predictable fashion.... so I just don't see how all this complaining about throttle-response lag could possibly be merited.

Old 05-25-2009 | 12:44 AM
i'm sure your system is responsive, and i thought mine was responsive as well (when i wasn't really using manual mode) ... since you don't have a manual mode (6MT instead)... you THINK the system you have is perfect... but once you try the sprintbooster, you will notice that the system you have can get a 100times better..... i'm sure what you have is adequate ...

as for the lag check someone posted... i think they are right about that... it makes sense.. and the lil sprintbooster device probably takes care of that check as well since i've been having some crazy experiences with manual mode lately...

i kept thinking that, evne if i don't pay attention, the system will automatically shift to the proper gears even in manual mode... WRONG... i was driving so hard in 1st gear and when i instantly shifted to 2nd... it just pulled crazyyyyyy... man i love this lil thing.. someone spend 300$ to take it apart plz :P i really want to know whats inside.. i'm very happy with mine so i don't think i'll be taking apart anytime soon.

* NO WORD OF LIE HERE, IF SOMEONE HEARS MY CAR DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD, they will think its manual... i think i almost STALLED my automatic the other day... i swear i'm not lying... crazy eh? *

Old 05-25-2009 | 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by t7n7
i'm sure your system is responsive, and i thought mine was responsive as well (when i wasn't really using manual mode) ... since you don't have a manual mode (6MT instead)... you THINK the system you have is perfect... but once you try the sprintbooster, you will notice that the system you have can get a 100times better..... i'm sure what you have is adequate ...

as for the lag check someone posted... i think they are right about that... it makes sense.. and the lil sprintbooster device probably takes care of that check as well since i've been having some crazy experiences with manual mode lately...

i kept thinking that, evne if i don't pay attention, the system will automatically shift to the proper gears even in manual mode... WRONG... i was driving so hard in 1st gear and when i instantly shifted to 2nd... it just pulled crazyyyyyy... man i love this lil thing.. someone spend 300$ to take it apart plz :P i really want to know whats inside.. i'm very happy with mine so i don't think i'll be taking apart anytime soon.

* NO WORD OF LIE HERE, IF SOMEONE HEARS MY CAR DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD, they will think its manual... i think i almost STALLED my automatic the other day... i swear i'm not lying... crazy eh? *
t7n7 im gonna try out yours on our meet next week in New Market )
edit: kidding, with your permission of course !

Old 05-25-2009 | 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by musti82
t7n7 im gonna try out yours on our meet next week in New Market )
edit: kidding, with your permission of course !
+2 JOY RIDE ahahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5at - lag? solutions?