G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

no brembos on 2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: no brembos on 2005

aaahhh, don't listen to DED, he's just special. My brembo's squeeked for the frist 1500 miles. It wasn't until I did a search on the Brembo webiste and found the proper way to "bed the brakes" that my squeeling went away permanently. If you buy a new 6MT w/ Brembos and immediately take the vehicle on the highway and properly bed the brakes you will probably NEVER hear one squeek out of your brakes.

As to whether or not the 2005's come with Brembos, I think Infiniti went to Brembo for a reason. That reason was to turn the luxury coupe into a sport coupe. W/O the brembos Infiniti would be losing a major portion of the sport coupe package.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 07-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my brembro's dont get very dusty..... i have a firend with a sedan wth chrome 18's on it... and those things get damn dusty damn quick. I also have a 6mt so i dont use my brakes as much as him (unless in an emergency i dont brake going faster than 20mph ever... usually more like 10-15mph). I hadnt washed my car in about 3-4 weeks because it had been raining, and i washed it yesterday and there wasnt very much dust. the brembros kick *** and stop quick. I slammed on them in rain one day because some dumbass lady yielded at a yield sign well....actually SHE STOPPED when the speed limit was 45mph on both roads and we had a green light... i slammed on my brakes about 20 feet from her probably going about 35 mph (i was kinda planning on sliding a lane haha) and the brembros stopped me nice and quick in heavy rain on VERYYYY slick roads.

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-19-2004, 07:24 PM

I have a 6MT Coupe. I've driven both the standard brakes (on my test drive and on loaners). IMHO, the Brembos are one of the best features of my car. They are by far the best brakes I have ever had. They don't fade, the feel is fantastic, and they stop right now. I don't not like the standard G35 brakes, far too touchy for me (no feel), and when driving with them, I just feel that I could not depend on them like I do with the Brembos. Please, no flames, I just love the brakes.

Now, where in the world have heard that they are doing away with them? Is that true of the track "Z"? I don't think so, and I believe that Nissan is getting a good deal on these brakes (quantity discount) that they would not get, if they were just on the Track model "Z". I simply can't believe Infiniti would have what they call a Sport Model, and not use Brembos.

JMO

Lou

Old 07-19-2004, 07:36 PM

Can anybody confirm this?

I called my dealer and he said the Brembos are not on the spec sheet, which should mean they aren't going to be available. He's going to try and confirm tomorrow.

I have a deposit on an '05, but if there's no Brembos I'm going to try and find an 04.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A lot of stuff is not on the order sheet. The order sheet doesn't list standard equipment like 19" wheels or 6-speaker stereo, so just because Brembo's are not listed on the order sheet doesn't mean they're not going to be offered. They are not an option, they are standard on Sport models.

-------------------------------------------
Gonna order a 2005 DG 6MT Coupe soon!

Old 07-19-2004, 08:09 PM

maybe subaru bought em all up???
j/k (the rear calipers are the same on the sti and the coupe, but not the front... the sti's are actually bigger upfront)

perhaps they arent on the specsheet, as they are not an option, but rather a feature of a package??? (like the 6mt)??

anyway, lets hava group drool...........

YEP, they are gold metal - flake.....

ooohh lala!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by esemes on 07/19/04 05:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-19-2004, 08:18 PM

I don't know who wouldn't want the Brembo brakes... They are one of the most kick *** things about the car, regardless of their performance. I wish the 05 didn't come with it, then the 03/04 6speeds would own.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

303893-Brembos.jpg

Old 07-19-2004, 08:21 PM
WRAH

Listen up, cause I, WRAH, am only going to say this once. Brembo's look so damn "cool" that they make me regret not getting an MT. Yep I said it, I wanted them pretty bad.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:32 PM

damn u all, dont show me pictures of them sweet things... its just making me want them more and more... there so pretty and i think its like one of the big differences when you look at the car, but IF and ONLY IF infiniti decides to drop them, is it worth getting the 05 with other upgrades or 04 with brembos, its also a performance thing because i dont know how the normal ones comapre to them. aaaaaah so killin me

Old 07-19-2004, 09:35 PM

I think I'm the only one whose not a fan of the gold & red coloring... You can always get aftermarket brakes if they decide to stop offering them =)

Old 07-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I'll say is this. I've put countless thousands (yep thousands) of dollars into my car. I have a supercharger, polished aluminum wheels, the whole nine yards. But I can tell you that almost NOBODY commented on my car until I put Brembos on. Now I get TONS of stoplight looks and comments.

--Steve

Old 07-19-2004, 09:57 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are my Brembos. (5AT)

I drove about 10K miles on the standard brakes, and have about 7K on the front brembos. The difference is fade and a feeling of control of stopping when you want where you want.

I still have to put the rears on, I've been to busy polishing the lower plenum and intake manifold.

BTW, the Subaru STi rear and G35 rear brembos are not the same. The STi uses 36 mm pistons in the rear, while the G35 uses 40mm. Also, the STi mounting bolt distance is 4.5 in, while the G35 is about 4.75 inch. Just wanted to clear that up in case anyone tries to put STi brembos in their G35. The Evo brembos won't work either...

Old 07-19-2004, 10:00 PM

EK-

thanks for fixing my wrong........

i am misifnormed.... (no more)

i like the fireplug red brem's ALOT!! didya clearcoat them too?

-eS

Old 07-19-2004, 10:22 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

No prob about the caliper info...the only reason why I know the specifics about all these calipers is because I had to make sure whichever caliper I bought would be able to fit my car.

Yes, the red brembo is also clearcoated. I still have to paint my rears. The plan is red paint, brembo logo in white, clear coat, wet sand, polish, then finish off with a layer of wax.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: no brembos on 2005