G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

debadging your car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
debadging your car

Does anyone have any pics of their car debaged???

also ... If i take off the I N F I N I T I and the G 3 5..... what is the process that they use to take those off....?? like how do they take off those badges ? wouldnt it leave holes in the car?? and one last thing.. the pricing... how much does it cost to take it off and is it worth taking it off? ...

PICS... please post pics.,......

BaDbOy - "bLaCk BeAuTy"
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=321439

Old 03-30-2003, 09:31 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: debadging your car

just use a credit card or floss, you dont really need to heat it up, and if there's left over tape on the paint just use rubbing alcohol and scrub lightly, try not to damage the paint.

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 03-30-2003, 10:45 PM

Am I missing something? Why the hell would you debadge you car?? Are you embarassed to own an Infiniti?? Not sure what to tell ya - I'm kinda sickended to folks modifiying the G35 Coupe like it was a Honda Civic...rims... clear taillights... ugh...

Old 03-30-2003, 11:17 PM

RICE a Roni... The San Francisco treat!

Old 03-30-2003, 11:35 PM

You guys obviously dont know [censored] bout cars, and ur just like wow i have an infiniti and its so nice. Its not that hes embarassed to have an infiniti it just give your car a unique look, and makes it different from the pack.....not ricey at all, i think it looks great.....

Old 03-30-2003, 11:38 PM

Kdog I agree dude...I felt like i was the only guy here who must be thinking that debadging your car sounds crazy! I just don't get it...people will do anything to try to be different I guess.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:42 PM

Don't listen to everyone that calls everything you do "rice". I think some ppl use the term too loosely and call anything they wouldn't do ricey.

I don't understand how putting rims on the G is treating it like a Honda civic. Anyone care to explain that one to me?

03 CB G35 Coupe 6MT
estimated arrival - 5/6/03

Old 03-30-2003, 11:47 PM

IMHO i think debadging can add some mistery to a car. sure we all love the infiniti g35 but those who are not aware of the g35 will see the coupe and say Damnnnnnn what is that? and when they try to peak at the rear to see the badge they will be left wanting, wanting to know more and eventually become obsessed with the G like the rest of us

Old 03-30-2003, 11:57 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

preach on Ummhmm

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 03-31-2003, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I consider de-badging to be the opposite of "ricing."

Riced cars pretty much shout what they are (or want to be) through huge stickers and aero parts and loud exhausts. De-badging is something only someone who already knows what the car is would notice.

To be honest, I personally think the "INFINITI" lettering on the back is a bit loud, especially on a black G (due to the strong contrast). And for some reason it looks sort of gold in some lights, whereas the rest of the car is black or silver. Not exactly "ricey," but maybe a bit too macaroni. Or coucous. Too coucous. Anyway, I want a low-carb G is what I'm saying.

The only reason I haven't done it yet is, if I don't like the look afterward, it's going to be one hell of a pain lining up those letters again so they're not crooked or have mismatched spacing, which would be even worse than the current look. The other problem is that taking the one off the front leaves a huge hole in the middle of the grill. Not attractive.

Anyway, what's next? Having the aero package removed from your order is ricey? Intentionally configuring your order so that you don't get the titanium trim is ricey?

-Jack

Black obsidian / graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 03-31-2003, 01:17 AM

This response is to all of you who use the term RICEY wrong.
What the hek is wrong with upgrading your car? If you people think modifying without FACTORY parts are ricey, then you will be laughed at by the real car enthusiasts.

Ricey only means it's a cheap little Japanese car that has too much SH%T on it that makes the car look awful. Like some people put all these stickers on their cars, but they dont even have any of the parts. Or if your car has cheap rims and a big wing on the back that isnt even suppose to be on that car. Kids these days think its cool because other people do it. But you ask them "what does that wing do for the car?" They wont know how to answer you. If smart mouths, they will try to answer and say something like "It makes the car go faster by balancing air." Hahaha even that answer is wrong.

They wont account for weight, proportion, looks, or even what material they used and why? That's when a car becomes ricey, its there because they think its cool. Morons [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The difference between ricey and modified is simple. You have parts and things on your car that not only looks good, but actually works and you know why it works. Brand named parts are not hesitated to use, and every detail has been addressed. You can put stickers on a car make it look RACE prep, but mostly if for street and you like luxury, you really wouldnt put anything on.

G35 is called Nissan SKYLINE 350GT. Although I find having the skyline emblem on would be funny looking without the nissan emblem accompanied. But there is no problem with having the INFINITI emblem lost, I am going to debadge my car soon also. I think it looks ricey with that INFINITI sign running across. And to answer a question asked by someone about not being proud of having an Infiniti, my answer:

I would rather drive a porsche, you wanna chip in 50 grand? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Grow up, just because you might not be interested in changing anything, doesnt mean changing something will make the car look cheap. For those of you who are planning to change, I suggest Japanese products only please. If you go domestic, your car will be just as weird as ricey civics.

<font color=blue>G35/Skyline 350GT Coupe
Silv - Graph - 6MT - Aero - Prem - Naviless</font color=blue>
[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2003, 01:19 AM

"I'm kindof sickended to folks modifiying the G35 Coupe like it was a Honda Civic...rims... clear taillights... ugh..."

Then why do you come to this forum? Most people come here to get info on the car and modify it. Just drive your car and bring it to the dealer if any issues occur.

Talking about rims, is it just civics that put on aftermarket rims? The stock ones on the g35coupe aren't necessarily the best. Just putting on some wider wheels/tires makes that much of a difference. People modify Fords, Chevy's... any thing that has wheels can be and will be modified. Don't trip, pull your head out of your *** and take a breath. The guy just wanted info on taking off some stickers.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 03-31-2003, 01:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all opinion. I agree that I like my car to look orginal within certain tastes and criteria. It's not like he said he's putting glow in the dark badges or anything.

My personal opinion is this: 1. I don't need to prove a thing about my car and it's class, model, engine size etc. to anyone. 2. My car isn't an advertising billboard for the maker.

It's my taste and I think it makes the car look far better be evening the looks of the left and right lines. Just me butI think you should take it easy on the guy. As far as how to do it. I did it the first day I had the car with a blow dryer and some floss. The sticky foam tape should still be relatively new and once it is heated up the letters will come off easy. Then some alcohol to remove any left over glue and a light wax.

Click on my username and check the pix of my car in the rides section. there should be one pic of the back in all it's debaged beauty. There ya go, Peace.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 03-31-2003, 09:41 AM

The only reason I debadged my "G" was to avoid cleaning between letters, I have an Ivory pearl and no matter what a lot of dirt acomulated in the small letters, I did leave the Infiniti logo in the middle, it looks nice and clean.another reason why I did not get the aero package, too much flare and not enough fuction to justify its existence on the back of my car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: debadging your car