G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Iron-Mike on BLAST - where is my refund?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
How did he package it? Pics?
who opens a newly received box and takes a picture of the packing job??? seriously, who does that?? when i receive a new goodie im like a kid on christmas and can't wait to open that sucker up and admire my new toy.

projector assemblies were covered with soft brown paper material which i think was OEM cus it came in an OEM box. the rest of the packaging was just twisted brown paper.

no trauma was noted on exterior of projectors or box. do you honestly think the issues listed other than the scratches were due to shipping?? seriously? how about poor workmanship? i think that might be a better answer. that's just my opinion. you are entitled to your own.

mike, please chime in! im sure everyone is waiting for your side of the story.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Mike were the lens' and **** all scuffed up like that when you sent them out. I can't imagine you'd send them out to the guy looking like that...

Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 PM
mike, you know ive been patient with you. you keep giving me false promises of payment since 6/2/09.

i think ive given you plenty of time to come up with the money. you obviously have the money to increasingly mod your G but you couldnt pay me my refund??

whatever you say.... your customer service is SHADY!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
mike is a good guy he helped me out on my headlight swap in a days notice and I didnt even know him yet, I'm sure this was a big misunderstanding

Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Originally Posted by gary c
Sorry Jay, so did you get the body kit from Eric? The link you posted is gone or removed. I bought my Impul sides from Eric and he saved my azz buy hooking me up with his body shop when the one I'd been using wanted $1200 just to paint them....needless to say he is/was my hero! I don't get why Mike would bother sending you those junk headlights when it's obvious how wasted they are (aka) trash? There is a custom headlight company at AACSTYLE.com that could do the job Mike failed to do....one of my next mods. Sorry bout whinny, at least $50 worth!
Gary

Unless AACstyle changed recently, I'd do some research on them first in the lighting section of this forum.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by jayk
who opens a newly received box and takes a picture of the packing job??? seriously, who does that?? when i receive a new goodie im like a kid on christmas and can't wait to open that sucker up and admire my new toy.

projector assemblies were covered with soft brown paper material which i think was OEM cus it came in an OEM box. the rest of the packaging was just twisted brown paper.

no trauma was noted on exterior of projectors or box. do you honestly think the issues listed other than the scratches were due to shipping?? seriously? how about poor workmanship? i think that might be a better answer. that's just my opinion. you are entitled to your own.

mike, please chime in! im sure everyone is waiting for your side of the story.
I know one thing, if it was poorly packaged, i would be taking some pics for evidence...

Old 07-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I know one thing, if it was poorly packaged, i would be taking some pics for evidence...
i think you are missing the point. lets give mike the benefit of the doubt and say it was shipping and not poor workmanship.... the damages are still evident. i received damaged goods.

with that said, as a customer am i not entitled to a refund if i am not satisfied with the product?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent pics of the assemblies before I shipped them did I not?! I know I send pics to like 90% of my customers prior to shipping.

I also always ship in the OEM Nissan boxes since that's exactly what I receive them in. I know where the problem laid in the OP's order and how they got damaged. Every order of lights I've shipped was always sent via UPS ground sent directly from the local hub location for UPS. I found a UPS store close to the job I was working at and figured using them would allow me to ship during the dqyand be able to email or PM tracking numbers during the day instead of later at night. Unfortunately the OP's lights were the victims of extremely poorhandling on their part.

I'd never ship lights with broken parts or damage to them on purpose. Upon getting the lights back all the things the OP listed were as described as well as the bezels being brkon or cracked in the places where the paint was chipped off. The lenses had DEEP unrepairable scratches thatwere clearly the result of the headlights having contact with eachother from either being thrown around or kicked around somehow.

Ivan completely understand the OPs frustration with the lights he received. But the OP got his refund from his credit card company so I still don't see why this thread was started. I don't use the UPS store after this problem and continue to ship headlights like I always used to... I go directly to the UPS ground shipping hub for my local area.

I've said my side of the story, I've agreed with the OPs complaints and the OP got his money back from his credit card company. I have nothing else to say in this thread and will continue to conduct business as I always have. It was a bad experience with a bad shipping location which won't be repeated.

I'm done here. Good night all

Old 07-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i think you are missing the point. lets give mike the benefit of the doubt and say it was shipping and not poor workmanship.... the damages are still evident. i received damaged goods.

with that said, as a customer am i not entitled to a refund if i am not satisfied with the product?
Not going to take sides but, at least you got your $$$$ back. I feel you pain. A while back I posted a thread about a member here scamming me by selling me useless cats. It pretty much started a situation of his b@tt buddies defending him. It took me months and numerous calls before my CC company refunded my $$$$. Don't think I'll be buying anything from any members here other than Riverside. Again, at least you got your hard-earned $$$ back.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:38 AM
yeah you did refund me 100 bucks and like i said i like the work you did, i just wished there could of been more attention to detail

i posted my experience because jake is a homie.....a homie that did get some of his money back but being that $50 was on his debit card that didnt get refunded so he is waiting for that refund from you

like we both said, you kept great contact with us....its just that he didnt keep the lights from you, went through all that hassle of shipping them back, filing claims, and is STILL out some dough.....a simple $50 dollar refund would remedy the situation

Originally Posted by Iron-Mike
I built lights for both of these guys and I stand behind my work. I offered to repair or replace the assemblies for both guys. Bayonet said he didn't want to wait for me to repair them. Soif I'm not mistaken I sent him a refund of $100 or $150 I can't remember exactly how much.

As for Jayk I constantly stayed in contact with him and kept him updated. He sent the lights back, I offered to send him replacements. I didn't have cash on hand to refund him with so I posted my headlights for sale and sent him a link to the thread so he'd know and could follow if I got a buyer or not. He filed his claim with his credit card company and got his refund then threatened to setup this bashing thread if I didn't send him $50 that he didn't get from his refund. With my Paypal account all ducked up over his refund I don't know how he expected me to be able to send it. I sent him a PM today offering to send it Western Union in order to avoid a thread like this. He said ok send it awestern Union but still posted the bashing thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
gonna have vouch for mike here also.
got my headlights from him with no issues.
he even drove down to my house and worked under 20 degree weather with just a t-shirt.
I don't think he's anything like eric, he at least cares about his customers.
oh yeah here are my headlights btw

Old 07-21-2009, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by DG_coupe
mike is a good guy he helped me out on my headlight swap in a days notice and I didnt even know him yet, I'm sure this was a big misunderstanding
^+1

Originally Posted by Shincrono
gonna have vouch for mike here also.
got my headlights from him with no issues.
he even drove down to my house and worked under 20 degree weather with just a t-shirt.
I don't think he's anything like eric, he at least cares about his customers.
oh yeah here are my headlights btw

^There must be 100+ people Mike has done great work for.

To the OP......things happen, no one is perfict. You got your money back so why are you starting a thread about some one over this? He just needs to pay you $50, but now he cant because you put a stop to his paypal.

Im sorry but I dont understand why you had to take it to this level, unless you like the drama

Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by PPGFREAK
To the OP......things happen, no one is perfict. You got your money back so why are you starting a thread about some one over this? He just needs to pay you $50, but now he cant because you put a stop to his paypal.

Im sorry but I dont understand why you had to take it to this level, unless you like the drama
Drama? if i wanted drama i could have made this thread a month ago when i first received my useless projectors.

i understand you personally know Mike, have done business with him, and even worked on his car. let me ask you this... from reading Mike's response and considering the time frames where all of this took place, do you not find it odd that he did not send me my money right away when getting all these new parts & getting all this work done from you? yeah in the end i received most of my money but what kind of person brags about all the new MODS they are getting when they still owe a customer money? i made this thread to express my personal experience with him. honestly, if my credit card company was like my bank (BOFA) and would not reverse any transactions after 45 days (look at paypal's policy as well), i dont think id ever get my money. and yes, luckily i got most of it back.

oh and BTW Mike stated that he would have my money last week 7/17/09 and never mentioned the paypal freeze until yesterday (initial day this thread was started). so what does that mean? how was he going to give me my money last week??

week after week of putting off paying me while i see these post below???????? seriously... what would you guys do?

6/12/09 from thread https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ferrerid=13080 Post #44

roof wing, turn signal mirrors, trunk lip and vented fenders coming later this month along with blacked out Thruxtons

stay tuned....
7/17/09 from thread https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ferrerid=13080 Post#45
well based on our talk yesterday you're gonna be having more fun this winter than you'll know what to do with when I drop the batmobile off for the winter LOL

yes people I'm dropping the car off to Corey for the WHOLE winter...
Hope you guys have REAL good marriages cuz pics of the car in spring will cause at least one divorce on this site

Old 07-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts

Read the post below this one ^^ Like i said, im sure he values his reputation on here like i do and would never ship anything out in poor packaging or even ship out a damaged product to begin with.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Read the post below this one ^^ Like i said, im sure he values his reputation on here like i do and would never ship anything out in poor packaging or even ship out a damaged product to begin with.
what is with you and the packaging?? Im not saying this is 100% of what happened.. but lets just say he did a hack job. poorly painted, did not secure the projector lenses (on both sides), and... did not polish the inside of assembly. even if he personally flew here and handed it to me, do you think those would even last mounted on my car?

dude.... how do you get that kind of damage (other than those scratches) from JUST SHIPPING??? most of the damage is internal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Iron-Mike on BLAST - where is my refund?