G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Impul stlye lip spolier; ok?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 12:10 AM
DJM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impul stlye lip spolier; ok?

Im picking up my car this week, still at the port, cant wait. I did not get the factory spoiler cause I like the look of a lip spolier until I found out they are like $300-500!!! A lot of money for such a small spoiler. My question is, are the replica lip spoilers crap? Or does a good paint job make a repilca spoiler loook good? Also, do you have to drill to install the lip spoilers? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-27-2004, 08:49 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Impul stlye lip spolier; ok?

http://www.350zforums.org/store/?pag...425a7200440ceb

$230 shipped. No drilling. Find a good installer and it will look hot.

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

Old 07-27-2004, 11:56 AM
DJM
Re: Impul stlye lip spolier; ok?

Cool thanks. Thats exactly what I am looking for. I assume that the lip spoilers for the rear are installed using some commercial double sided adhesive tape. But thats exactly what I want. Thanks again.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone had purchase this spoiler from 350zforums, if so how was the fit and quality. Thanks.

Also, does anyone knows where I can get the real impul for cheap or a good quality made imitation.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by uhohnumber2brb
Just wondering if anyone had purchase this spoiler from 350zforums, if so how was the fit and quality. Thanks.

Also, does anyone knows where I can get the real impul for cheap or a good quality made imitation.

yea i got the lip replica from them. its made from fiberglass, i don't think it should be a problem, since it is after all only a lip. As for the fit, its alright it doesn't sit flush on the trunk. i think that a good body shop can take care of that, or i really atleast hope that they do.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:26 PM
You get what you pay for!

I'm on my second wing from 350zforums. The first one fit like $h!t so I sent it back. They said their molds needed to be fixed so I waited a couple months and they sent me the replacement parts.

The new parts fit better, but not much. My biggest problem is the short side pieces don't match the curve of the fender. They hit on both ends with a big gap in the middle. I spent about an hour sanding on one to get it to a point where my body guy won't laugh at me when I bring them to him for installation.

It seems like they just pulled the molds off of the parts when they were loose and not on a car. The Impul parts are a hard urethane but to match the curve perfectly I think they need to be stuck to the car. The fiberglass parts either came out of the mold bad or warped after they cured. Either way, you get what you pay for.

The original Impul parts are way too expensive for what you get, but it seems like it's the only way to get something that fits perfect. I just wish someone else would do a better job of creating a replica because I really love the look of the wing.

Even better yet, if someone could make it out of urethane then the mold wouldn't be as critical.

I suppose Dave from 350zforums is going to flame me because I haven't told him that this second wing doesn't fit very well but I'm a little tire of dealing with this thing and will just make it fit.

If I can't get it to where I like it, it's going in the trash!

Old 03-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Z2G
if you like the impul spoiler, check out the unlimited tuning lip spoiler--smaller size. it looks similar to the impul spoiler minus the two side end pieces. the unlimited tuning spoiler is urethane, fits very well, install is easy, and is only about $150 unpainted.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Afropuff and I both helped put together the first group buy from 350zforums. Fitment is fine and mine looks great. You just have to know how to install it. I had it painted at a local body shop and installed myself. I had one of the first ones, and I even picked it up locally at his shop.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Do anybody have a pix from the front angle of your car with the impul spoiler or the unlimited tuning lip spoiler. The only pixs I found are close up pixs of the spoiler and pixs from the rear. I'm tryin to picture how it looks from the front-side view.

My car is scheduled to arrive in April after an unfortunate event with a snow plow that damaged the car that I was suppose to get tomorrow. And I had my heart set on the impul spoiler, but the dealer will be able to get the G with the aero kit 2 weeks earlier than a G w/o the aero kit. So now I'm contemplating whether I should just go with the stock spoiler instead of the Impul/unlimited tuning.

Any pixs would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Moog
Afropuff and I both helped put together the first group buy from 350zforums. Fitment is fine and mine looks great. You just have to know how to install it. I had it painted at a local body shop and installed myself. I had one of the first ones, and I even picked it up locally at his shop.
Hey Moog,
Glad yours installed well. I remember asking you about yours and since you said you loved it, I had high hopes.

I wish I had your installer up here. My guy quoted me four hours to prep, paint and install it. Maybe I was expecting too much.

$230 is still less than half the Impul, so maybe a few extra hours in the body shop isn't that big of a deal.

Right now, the Type-I looks like the only other option, so try it if you don't want to pony up the extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Gizmo

Old 03-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I read that the type-1 leaves a big gap b/t the center piece and the side pieces. I think the Impul is down to $350 now, still alot, but I rather have one that fits good.

Another question, how much should I expect to pay to have the spoiler painted?

Old 03-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by uhohnumber2brb
I read that the type-1 leaves a big gap b/t the center piece and the side pieces. I think the Impul is down to $350 now, still alot, but I rather have one that fits good.

Another question, how much should I expect to pay to have the spoiler painted?

Where have you found the Impul for $350?

For that price, I'd definitely fo for the real deal.

Old 03-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take it to a quality bodyshop and they will not have problems with it. My bodyshop said fitment this and fitment that, but nothing they couldn't fix. In the end, I still saved about $300. I think it looks great.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:24 AM
i.love.gold
The trick to to reducing the gap between the outer and center piece is to have each outer piece hang over the edge and in closer to the center piece. Kind of hard to explain it.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:27 AM
i.love.gold
Here's a side shot of mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Impul stlye lip spolier; ok?