G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

TIRE WEAR ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TIRE WEAR ???

Question: I have a 03' Coupe with 10,993 miles exactly.. I took my car in for service due to the fact that three of my four tires are worn out completely.. at 10,993 miles.. Can that be right? The service department is claiming " Excessive Cornering" and as a result my wheels are not under warranty.. Is that legal? What should I do?

I dont even turn that sharp.. and even if I do, it isnt strong enough to mess up the tires this bad.. For those who can help me, if pictures will help you, dont hestitate to ask..

BaDbOy - "bLaCk BeAuTy"
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=321439

Old 07-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: TIRE WEAR ???

Had the same problem.

Call Infiniti of North America, demand new tires, they'll come through.

My dealership tried to give me that excessive cornering crap too.

Old 07-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a fine line here.....
If you never checked your tire pressure and it was way off....they could wear out this fast.
Also, if you hit a curb and knocked the alignment out, they could wear that fast.
??????

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 08-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

same here,but no matter what your tires should last you more than that , my car only have 14,000 and my tires look like 30. And they make so much noise and now my window won't roll up what going to happen next??? I love the car but i have to work for this ....I don't have time for these.

Old 08-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

same here,but no matter what your tires should last you more than that , my car only have 14,000 and my tires look like 30. And they make so much noise and now my window won't roll up what going to happen next??? I love the car but i have to work for this ....I don't have time for these.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have 6 thousand miles on my coupe and my rear tires are wearing considerably on the insides. My tire pressure has always been 30 but I have dropped it to 26. This has been discussed on the Freshalloy forum about a week or so ago in detail . I believe the thread was "Rear tires wearing on inside" Almost everyone is experiencing the same if they keep their tire pressures on 30 for the goodyears or 35 for the Michelins. Go out guys and check the inside of your rear tires if you haven't already. Good luck.

2004 G35C/IvoryPearl/Graphite/5AT/Premium/Clear Bra

Old 08-03-2004, 05:11 PM

I keep mine at 35. Uneven wear is a result of the camber, which is designed intentionally. Lowering or raising air pressure will just trade one problem for another (or more). I have the Pilots with the 18" wheel package and have the tires flipped (removed from the wheel and transferred to other wheel) from left to right every other oil change.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5/Crawford Cats

Old 08-04-2004, 02:00 AM

bocatrip,

Does your low tire pressure warning lamp turn on? It's supposed to if pressure in any of the tires drops to or below 28 psi.

<font color=blue>2004.5 Coupe ^ 5AT ^ DG/W ^ Z Tube</font color=blue>

Old 08-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No, my tire warning guage has not turned on even when my tire pressure was down to 25. I'm not bringing it into the dealer because I need the lower pressure in the rears to keep my inner tire sections on my rear tires from prematurely wearing out.

2004 G35C/IvoryPearl/Graphite/5AT/Premium/Clear Bra

Old 08-04-2004, 11:59 AM

Hi Folks. My coupe is at 10K. Yes the rear Michelins are wearing much faster that the fronts. The fronts have almost no appreciable wear, but the rears are down substantially. Based on measurement over milage I may get 15K out of the rears. I am not to concerned considering our Michelins are tread wear rated at 220. I'll just replace the rears. The fronts look like their going to make 30K easy. Its encouraging to know that our tires would only be replaced in pairs. Fronts or Backs at any one time. That makes the replacement cost less painful that springing for all four.

I do get into the corners pretty aggressively.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Catatafish, I think the 18" Michelins are directional tires....you're not supposed to flip them from left to right (and vice versa).

-------------------------------------------
2004 6MT DG/G Coupe | Premium | Aero Kit | See bio for pix

Old 08-04-2004, 01:29 PM

boca,
Running low tire pressure will just decrease your gas mileage and wear out both edges more quickly instead of one. Because of the negative camber of the wheel, you'll always wear your inside more quickly than the outside.

P_Diddy,
Let me clarify. I actually will remove the tire from the left and right rear wheels. I'll put the left tire on the right wheel and vice versa. I'm not "rotating the wheels" rather I'm removing the tires from the wheels and (while still keeping them in the right direction) reinstalling them on the opposite wheel. Now the more worn inner portion of the tire is on the outside, but on the other wheel. Does that make more sense?

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5/Crawford Cats

Old 08-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you follow the demount and flip proceedure every 2nd oil change [~~6-7.5k] you can increase your wear life by up to 50%.
But the cost [demount radial force rebalance twice should be a little less than early replacement]. All about minimizing vibration and noise not cost.

Tires are wear and load tested [estimated life] with ZERO CAMBER. Failing to rotate and check for bushing wear in suspension [by having alignment checked frequently - every 6 months at least] is just asking for tire problems.

Performance tires just require a level of expense and PRECISION maintenance that most are not accustomed to, nor willing to accept yet they purchased such a car!

Performance cars even basic entry level lux/performance cars which use Max Performance tires to get ragged edge performance........this adds serious maintenance and alignment costs and frequency.

Many Purchasers of such cars don't have a clue what they are getting into costwise for maintenance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TIRE WEAR ???