G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

sound system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sound system

Whats good G35's:

Getting a custom sound system at the end of the month(rockford Fosgate) Two 10's in the trunk, 6.5componets in the front, 6.5 coxials in the rear. JVC Double Din. Custom PlexiGlass amp racks with everything back lit with LED's.

Let me know if anyone had photos not looking to copy anyone.

Thanks in Advance

Old 10-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Did you buy it yet? What system do you currently have? Honestly, just to give you some constructive criticism I would not spend my money on that...especially if you have the stock Bose system.

I work with audio technicians for a living and lately Rockford is not impressive at all. Especially if you want to go custom, speakers I would recommend Infinity Kappa Perfects or Alpine Type-R's...subs I would definitely recommend JL. If the JVC DD is what you like then that's fine, but I would recommend the Pioneer AVIC-D3...it does a lot more for the money.

The audio I recommended might cost a little more but if you spend more on the sound and less on the look (LED, plexiglass, etc.) you'll get some better results. After all, you are trying to improve sound right?

Good luck, hope I could help.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^ I have to agree with vipers. I was pretty big in the audio scene years ago and from my experience and knowledge, Rockford Fosgate was never good in anything except for amplifiers. Infinity makes great components, JL makes great subs and at least back then, Clarion made great headunits. OP...how much are they charging you for this setup?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sound system was next on my list.. Was thinkin of 1 jl sub in da trunk custom box so it sits nice in da trunk.. as for the inside speakers alpine type r-s r good? I REALLY like the stock headunit cuz it fits the car so nice but if i had to replace it which headunit would u guys recommend? the pioneer one? im not crazy into the head unit so sumthin kinda simple is what im lookin for... any suggestions?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
i bought my double din headunit for about 200 shipped, i could find you the link for one, is not famous brands but i love it, everything about it is cool and easy to use

Old 10-15-2009, 08:01 PM
You are going to need to re-wire your entire sound system if you want it to work.

Bose is a PITA.

If you're just adding a sub thats a different story, as you can high-level it.

I've never tackled the head unit, but I'd imagine it's a PITA too.

You're better off staying with stock speakers, simply adding a sub, and enjoying some more bass.

I really was quite disappointed in the sound system, or lack thereof, in our cars. My Cadillac had a great bose system, the G35 one SUCKS. There is a certain volume level where you just don't get anymore lows/bass no matter how loud you crank it

Old 10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
few years ago when i had my 300zx i had one 12in kicker solo baric....and it was loud and clean, i highly recommend that good ol square sub....just my 2 cents

Old 10-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Yea i was thinkin of also not messing up the head unit n jus buying a sub n maybe inside speakers.. Would that be the better less PITA way to go?

Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy

Bose is a PITA.
You're not kidding. You can't customize anything with the Bose setup unless you completely re-do it.

Like I said in the beginning...head unit-wise I recommend Pioneer but everyone likes their own thing. The DD kit (the real one, not the crappy one) will cost around $250 + the price of the DD, you're looking at around $1,000 new for this setup. To me, it is worth it because you'll have a big, awesome, fully useful touch-screen, you can play DVD's (and if you know what you're doing, you won't have to follow their rules and only play them with your e-brake up ), navigation and it hooks up directly with your ipod.

It makes life a lot easier.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by elperuano
Yea i was thinkin of also not messing up the head unit n jus buying a sub n maybe inside speakers.. Would that be the better less PITA way to go?
No that's the worst way to go...you can't just add different speakers with the Bose system.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Unless the head unit is malfunctioning you need to leave it alone. Just the front speakers replaced with good quality Boston Acoustic or Focal speakers
and a JL amp will easily set you back $1,500-1.800. Adding one 12' sub
and a JL amp will set you back another grand. Our Bose system is very cheap and had very poor quality so I can understand how you might want to improve it. The job is worth doing right but, it's not a cheap task.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:40 PM
depending on year of your car the headunits usually crap out. And then your heat and A/C controls go with it. Thats what happened to me. I got a pioneer DD and the wiring was easy, usually you can buy a bose wire harness which makes its super easy.

One thing i wanted to note i only added a DD and a Type R sub. Left the interior speakers stock bose, they improved a great deal with just a new DD. So before you swap the entire system you might want to try stock bose speakers with the new DD.

With the old Bose unit i could go full volume and it wasn't loud or clear, new DD goes up to 30 but 10 is all i can tolerate, not talking about the sub just the interior speakers. Also if you planning on going big sub or large amounts of bass, be ready to shell out for dynomat or some sort of insulation. I have a Alpine Type-R 500 RMS not the greatest not the weakest sub, and everything rattles when its on. The rearview mirror shakes so much its like driving drunk when looking at it. random things rattle in the the trunk and rear deck. So like previous post be ready to put up big cash if you going big.

But everyone has thier own opinions, i just recommend trying stock speakers with new DD before swapping everything, you might be happy with them.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Quick idea of costs i went through
pioneer DD - $350 off crutchfield, came with bose wiring kit.
Double Din kit - $99 - normally $199 but crutchfield gave discount for buying DD
Steering Wheel Control - $45 amazon
Custom Box - $99 Zenclosures
Type R Sub - $ 150 Ebay
Alpine Mono 500 RMS Amp -$225 Ebay
Wiring Kit - $30 Amazon

So just for basic installation of Sub and DD ran me $1000, and thats with me installing everything. paying someone run you another $200-250

http://www.zenclosures.com/Infiniti_..._p/g35c110.htm

Old 10-21-2009, 05:07 PM
It isn't worth it...like I said if you have the Bose live with it and enjoy it.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:26 PM
^ u realize the DD kit has the navi, bluetooth

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sound system