G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I SeaFoamed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by digital sol
On a second note, ive always had good experiences with it, i prefer to run it through the vacumm source and crank case vs the fuel tank but it can be done to all 3'. Its recommended you let the car idle for 5-8 minutes after using the sea foam and then take it on a hard spirited drive for 5-10 minutes....bring it home and change the oil....CHANGE THE OIL AFTERWARDS.....i just got my g35 last week and havnt peeked around the engine bay yet due to weather so im not sure how much of a pain it is to change the spark plugs on these car's but if its as easy to do as it is on a honda id also recommend you put some new plugs in as well
There's a DIY SP change on the forums. And apparently, one of the sides of the engine is a huge PITA.

ANYWAYS, I just seafoamed my engine today. 1/3 in the brake booster, 1/3 in the oil, full can in gas tank. Tank was half full, so after I let it idle, and before I drove the crap out of it, I filled it all the way up to get a better mix. The first can still has 1/3 left, which I will used to clean the intake a 2nd time after my tank has run out, to clear out any residue that may have been left over from the gas. My car didn't smoke as much as I had thought. But it still smoked out both of my neighbors. I can def feel a difference now, but the process really wont be complete til I run the tank empty and re-clean the intake. Then I'll get an oil change (from what I've read, you don't need to change the oil RIGHT after putting the seafoam in. They say you can leave it in the oil for 100-250 miles to make sure it really cleans everything out, then change the oil) and be good to go. SUPER easy to do. My car just hit 90k miles and I think this will help alot.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by NachoCheese
There's a DIY SP change on the forums. And apparently, one of the sides of the engine is a huge PITA.

ANYWAYS, I just seafoamed my engine today. 1/3 in the brake booster, 1/3 in the oil, full can in gas tank. Tank was half full, so after I let it idle, and before I drove the crap out of it, I filled it all the way up to get a better mix. The first can still has 1/3 left, which I will used to clean the intake a 2nd time after my tank has run out, to clear out any residue that may have been left over from the gas. My car didn't smoke as much as I had thought. But it still smoked out both of my neighbors. I can def feel a difference now, but the process really wont be complete til I run the tank empty and re-clean the intake. Then I'll get an oil change (from what I've read, you don't need to change the oil RIGHT after putting the seafoam in. They say you can leave it in the oil for 100-250 miles to make sure it really cleans everything out, then change the oil) and be good to go. SUPER easy to do. My car just hit 90k miles and I think this will help alot.
personally i wouldnt let it sit in the engine crankcase too long..it can really thin out the oil, most people change the oil after the 10 minute of hard driving period, but to each their own

Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, I am def getting it changed next week, which will be about 150 miles. I guess I'll be a guinea pig, lol.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Slightly off topic, but what other products are good for maintenance?

I see alot of fuel additives in stores, but I'm not sure if they work, or are worth it.

They also sell Seafoam Trans Tune, is that any good?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I would not mess with a transmission.

Just change the fluid regularly and you should be fine.

There is no "fire" in the trany so your fluid just get's used up cuz of heat and friction. Metal dust is collected on the magnet and in the filter so no need using any kind of products and washing that out into your transmission. Just flush it every 30k or so and you should be fine IMO

Old 02-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I seafoamed my car last month. My car is at 61k miles. I put more then 1/3 through the brake booster and the rest on the crank case and fuel tank. So much thick white smoke came out of my car the the cars that were behind me got confused and stopped lol. I will probably do it again in the next 6 months.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:07 AM
def useful thread!

Old 02-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I asked my mechanic about it today and he laughed and said all you need to do is put gas in your car and drive it...

he will let me know when I need to do something like this. LOL

Old 02-13-2010, 02:09 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
how would he know?

Or would he rather see you at his show replacing an engine or something else and putting some $ in his pocket?

Old 02-13-2010, 03:12 AM
Just sea foamed my car. I put a little bit more than 1/3 in the brake booster vac hose, and 1/3 in the gas tank. (I just did an oil change so I didn't want to put any in the crankcase since I'd have to change my oil soon after). A LOT of white smoke came out. Car seems to run smoother but I'm not sure how much of it is mental and how much is real.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by pinkii
I asked my mechanic about it today and he laughed and said all you need to do is put gas in your car and drive it...

he will let me know when I need to do something like this. LOL
Sounds like you need a new mechanic.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Wow i want to try it.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by amazingone
Wow i want to try it.
it's easy and will return your engine basically back to new sort of like almost.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Seafoamed a few days ago and changed the oil yesterday at 120 miles. Definitely noticed better gas mileage today.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Seafoamed a few days ago and changed the oil yesterday at 120 miles. Definitely noticed better gas mileage today.
Thats another thing I noticed today. After only driving for like 50 miles while romping on it, my MPG went up by like .4 I'll have the oil changed next week and then I'll be kosher.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I SeaFoamed!