G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

what mods do i need to beat a m3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Enthuasiast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XIMER
lol, britishman why are you talking like that to me? i never said anything towards you. lol wut hell is a ******?

LMFAO

Old 05-26-2005, 12:43 AM
All this "what does it take to beat an M3" talk just confirms the status of the M3 as THE car. I'm sure over in the M3 forums (if there are any), they're not spending pages and pages of writing "what does it take to beat a G"... Love your car for what it is, not what you're trying to make it to be. If you want to beat an M3, just get an M3 and learn to drive one well

If you fix up a G to beat a stock M3, you'll be racing 50 year old women with automatics. How many stock M3s do you think you'll face if you try to go up against someone in their 20s? What are the chances they WON'T have modified theirs at least a little bit?

I have both, love both and couldn't care if one could beat the other.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i wouldnt worry much about modded E46 M3's. THey dont respond to mods that well. an E36 and before M3 on the other hand, if modded stay the hell away...

Old 05-26-2005, 01:13 AM
M3 is better than a G35

Old 05-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by DIRTYD
Evo 8 is still a Mistubishi. I can go to Best Buy and buy a Mistubishi TV. my math is logical cuz M3s and G35s are luxury sports car, hence y there r more expensive then other cars like the evo 8. Evo is all engine, and thats wat u pay for, not the looks, leather seats or anything else nice cuz the inside of that car blows and it looks like a ricer. so ya it maybe faster and cheaper, but i think most people would rather want the G. so buying a G would work out better then M3 cuz its got luxury and 40gs less.
First of all, the Recaro seats inside the Evo are leather. Second of all, if you ever drive the Evo, which I guarantee you haven't, you will know why people buy it. It outhandles a G, outruns a G, and in a lot of people's opinions, looks pretty nice. If the only argument you have is that "Evo 8 is still a Mitsubishi" then you are no different than any of the BMW owners who say, well a G35 is still an Infiniti because our cars cost less than the 330Ci and outperform them. Mitsubishi has made quality products such as the GSX or GST. The Evo dates back to the early 90s and is one of the most successful rally cars ever built. The 3000GT VR4 is another high quality piece by Mitsubishi. Just because you don't think something looks nice, don't talk smack.

Originally Posted by balcoBamba
Evo8's are best served steamed. That bucket of rice is no where near a g35. Ya so it is fast . Great 5 points of speed. But negative 10 for looks and an extra negative 10 because it is a Mitsubishi. I wonder which will last longer, the Evo 8 or my Mitsubishi Tv, I am looking at now. And yes m3 are fast, but with all that money you spent, you could have bought a brain....just my two cents
The 4G63 engine inside the Evo is pretty goddamn reliable man. Same goes for the -10 becuase it is a Mitsubishi. The G is still a Nissan, what's that mean, -10? The Evo has always been a sedan, and if you think it's ugly, who gives what you think. My neighbor with a Porsche 911 Carrera S probably thinks my G is ugly. It's all subjective, if you do not know about a car, then don't talk smack. I know a lot of Evo owners that have their Evos and have other cars costing 2x as much. IF you follow WRC, you'll love the Evo and STi.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Wow, I didn't even look at the date of the first post until now. Somebody resurrected this thread from the grave haha.

Old 05-26-2005, 02:11 AM
holy! i bet the orginal thread starters dont even visit the forum n e more! loL 9-18-04 -> today LoL

Old 11-17-2005, 06:17 PM
could easily have bought a couple year old M3 for the same price as my G. I see about 6 M3's a day, reason being is people pick up 01's for like 30k. The G can be made to be a much better performing car then the M3 ,plus the G has awesome design

Old 11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
"what mods do i need to beat a m3"

A baseball bat.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dunno man, your giving the G too much credit. yes any car can be made to perform better than another car, IF you have the money to waste on. the G does have an awesome design but so does the M3.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by neal540
First of all, the Recaro seats inside the Evo are leather. Second of all, if you ever drive the Evo, which I guarantee you haven't, you will know why people buy it. It outhandles a G, outruns a G, and in a lot of people's opinions, looks pretty nice. If the only argument you have is that "Evo 8 is still a Mitsubishi" then you are no different than any of the BMW owners who say, well a G35 is still an Infiniti because our cars cost less than the 330Ci and outperform them. Mitsubishi has made quality products such as the GSX or GST. The Evo dates back to the early 90s and is one of the most successful rally cars ever built. The 3000GT VR4 is another high quality piece by Mitsubishi. Just because you don't think something looks nice, don't talk smack..
I agree with you on most of what you're saying except on the "quality" aspect of eclipses. The eclipse GST and GSX were never truly reliable cars. The transfer cases on the GSX's busted all the time, especially when you heavily modified the car. The GST's had tranny problems also. Both had overheating problems/engine problems...if you drove the car normal and didn't mod it, chances are you were ok. Once the modding began, it would go downhill from there. I'm sure they're are some GST and GSX owners out there that have never had problems, but as a whole, those cars aren't of the highest quality. Great potential, but high maintenance.

I can't say much about the 3000GT VR4 because i don't know much about it beyond the specs. Correct me if i'm wrong though, i believe they were discontinued cuz they were overpriced, just like the supra.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:50 PM
You need the powered by honda stickers,
they work!! every sticker adds 10 hp, you just need about 800 of them all over your car and you will be uber!

Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 PM
kids, kids! calm down. M3 is a better car no matter what, it is almost a second quicker in 1/4 . And we all got the G35 because we felt it was the best car for the best price. If I had an extra 60K laying around, I would have def gotten the M3.

Also, I want to see slips or movie clip where a stock supercharger or TT setup will beat a stock M3. I never heard of going F/I G and shaving a whole second off in the 1/4. I guess if you did the internals and set the psi @19 lbs and gutted the interior. But why would anyone want to race the G anyways? ITS SOO SLOW.. yeah its fast when you are going 100+ but thats with any car. G35's are soo slow and handles very sloppy.. Didnt even last autoX. Had to do a tein upgrade for this boat. Anways.. continue

Old 11-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Im an ex-m3 driver.

If you want to beat an m3....go get a z06. I think G35s are a perfect blend of luxury and sportiness. They werent race-bred or anything like m3's are. I say be proud of the beauty you got, there will always be someone faster.

I agree with hyun. its gonna be tough to beat an m3. I had a friend (on a M3 forum) who pulled a 12.5 STOCK! yes he has videos.

Last edited by Down1Up5; 11-17-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by neal540
First of all, the Recaro seats inside the Evo are leather. Second of all, if you ever drive the Evo, which I guarantee you haven't, you will know why people buy it. It outhandles a G, outruns a G, and in a lot of people's opinions, looks pretty nice. If the only argument you have is that "Evo 8 is still a Mitsubishi" then you are no different than any of the BMW owners who say, well a G35 is still an Infiniti because our cars cost less than the 330Ci and outperform them. Mitsubishi has made quality products such as the GSX or GST. The Evo dates back to the early 90s and is one of the most successful rally cars ever built. The 3000GT VR4 is another high quality piece by Mitsubishi. Just because you don't think something looks nice, don't talk smack.
The Evo is 4WD so yes it will have the start on a stock G. From a 60 mph roll there wont be much differece between thg G and the Evo. The Evo uses much higher final drive ratio than the G therefore allowing it to accelerate much faster! Slap a 3.9 vs the stock which is 3.5 and you will drop in the high 13's.
3000GT VR4 is what again???? are you outside of your mind? the 3000GT has at least 3000 reasons why its is grabage! OK maybe not garbage, but i would not call it a "quality piece".
Last but not least the G35 compares better with the 330, 328, 325 where in my opinion edgges up in front of them. Where as the M3 is the top of the line of the 3 series! Thats where my friend or aquintace, the GTR will take over! Than you will probably have discussions such as " .... but modded M3 with TT, SC, and passanger seat mounted rotary engine will kill a GTR..." or something along those lines!

The 4G63 engine inside the Evo is pretty goddamn reliable man. Same goes for the -10 becuase it is a Mitsubishi. The G is still a Nissan, what's that mean, -10? The Evo has always been a sedan, and if you think it's ugly, who gives what you think. My neighbor with a Porsche 911 Carrera S probably thinks my G is ugly. It's all subjective, if you do not know about a car, then don't talk smack. I know a lot of Evo owners that have their Evos and have other cars costing 2x as much. IF you follow WRC, you'll love the Evo and STi.
We are not talking about WRC... we are talking about daily drivers, well at least for most of us. The mitsu, may be a great racing car in the WRC, but i doubt at that point u share many performance parts in your evo with the one from WRC. The fact is that mitsu is NOT all that reliable, the evo has an interior that looks like crap, the transmission is extremelly unreliable, especially the transfer case! The US Evo is not something i would dare to call reliable. The Euro version is another story with a much much better built quality and a totally different transfer case! The exterior of the evo is the only thing that is attractive, though in the end ill take the STI!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what mods do i need to beat a m3