G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ipod interface for 06 coupe help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BacaraG35
I think it may have more to do with certification. Probably when the nissan adapter was verified by Apple the 3Gs was not out. They eventually get it, but will probably not update the old boxes. Oh well.
asousa is right, it's Apples pinning of the phones. I have quite a few accessories that will no longer work with the newer phones because of this... The Accessory manufacturers have to come up with solutions on their own to work around this. Ticks me off! But that is Apple for you...

I have a 3G (compatible with the 3Gs at least) and will be getting an iPhone 4. I think there is a whole voltage change for this phone. I am wondering if anyone has this phone and has been able to adapt the car integration kits to work with it?

Also, is there an integration kit that does support A2DP?

Old 09-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dice1111
I am wondering if anyone has this phone and has been able to adapt the car integration kits to work with it?

Also, is there an integration kit that does support A2DP?

I have upgraded my iPhone 2G to an iPhone 4 and it works with some caveats (quoting from my posting elsewhere):

Originally Posted by asousa
I've recently upgraded my iPhone 2G to an iPhone 4 and there are some changes in behavior with the factory iPod integration kit. As reported for the iPhone 3G and 3GS, it won't charge anymore when connected as the iPhone 4 needs 5V power to charge, whereas the kit will only provide the 12V used by the iPhone 2G. Smallest adapter I could find was from Ridax http://www.welcome.to/ridax (first one on the left of the page for $24.90). I don't always connect it but keep it in the car in case the iPhone charge is running low.
The other problem is that the trick of setting shuffle over all songs on the iPhone before connecting does not work on the iPhone 4. So to play songs in shuffle mode I now need to use the the rocker buttons in the head unit.
Finally, if you get a bumper case for the iPhone 4, it is incompatible with every third party accessory out there, so I made two cuts in the plastic at the bottom between the connector and the speaker/mic holes that fixed it. I Used an x-acto knife, but you can probably do a better job with a dremel... Of course you'll have to remove the bumper to connect the Ridax converter, .
You can also use the Scosche voltage converter, but the form factor is somewhat larger. As for the random play, smart playlists that change content every night when you connect the iPhone to iTunes definitely help.
One maddening thing about it is that if you skip a song while connected to the factory iPod integration (it has to be in the first 20 secs.), the iPhone will not increment the skip count, so you can't use that criterion on your playlist. It will increment the played times count if you play it till the end, so you can use that. I think Apple hates third party accessories.

As for supporting A2DP, I am unaware of any solution for previous gen coupes/sedans, but others may know more.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for USA Spec Nissan. Make sure it's the latest version which is compatible with the most current ipods/iphones. Works perfectly with control from steering wheel.