G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The Bose system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I heard the reason why your speakers cut out is because the wires come a bit loose in the stereo. Happened to my car once and I got pissed off and smacked the stereo and it fixed the problem!

Old 04-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Just generalizing? Go ahead and show me a common mass produced car where the stock option audio setup is something better than what could be done aftermarket for the same price? Don't try to tell me I'm just generalizing without one example to prove me wrong.
Originally Posted by Revo
Alright. My truck had a $500 option sound system (actually less, cause the $500 included back up sensors, which alone is like a $250 dollar option), but I'll give you some credit.

You really think you can get a setup that sounds better than an 500W Alpine 8 speaker + 10" sub sound system for $500 installed?
*Notice the lack of response from Xet*

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got a 2005 G35 with bose and nav (this is my first post too!)

my previous car was an old 95 honda. I upgraded the sound myself using some of the cheapest (but highly rated) stuff at crutchfield. 2 kenwood speakers, 2 alpine speakers, and a sony mp3 player. nothing fancy, not even an amp...

the Bose system in my g35 sounds terrible in comparison. I've tried messing with the treble and bass settings to no avail, everything is muffled sounding and too "deep". it has more bass but so what, I can't even hear the music clearly.

but I'm not blaming Bose just yet, I think it may have to do with the stock mp3 player. the FM stations sound really good, but I need to try them out some more. the reason I think the mp3 player is bad is because when I first tried out my own mp3 cd it wouldn't play. come to find out the player doesn't like having 100+ files in the root directory. once I put them all in subfolders it plays fine (but sounds terrible). if the mp3 player is that finicky maybe the programming is bad all around.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Until I can figure out how to install a pair of these in my coupe, the sound is going to be sub-par.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
*Notice the lack of response from Xet*

Yeah, that's what I thought.
Lol you pathetic ***, I don't look back on this thread because you aren't even worth my time. Yes I know I can get a better setup for $500, I also like how you don't even include any actual part names you just say an alpine HU and alpine sub. Type s sub much? Your truck may be one of the better deals but it still doesn't even come close to comparing to aftermarket. And oh btw you can get a backup camera for much cheaper than $250 loool. And if you have any talent or can just read you can do all the installs yourself with minimal effort.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Xet
Lol you pathetic ***, I don't look back on this thread because you aren't even worth my time. Yes I know I can get a better setup for $500, I also like how you don't even include any actual part names you just say an alpine HU and alpine sub. Type s sub much? Your truck may be one of the better deals but it still doesn't even come close to comparing to aftermarket. And oh btw you can get a backup camera for much cheaper than $250 loool. And if you have any talent or can just read you can do all the installs yourself with minimal effort.
It's a factory sound system...you can just go look up the part numbers...

And you just took the time to respond. Great big fool acting tough and smart on the internet. You just won the argument for me.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Xet
It's a factory sound system...you can just go look up the part numbers...

And you just took the time to respond. Great big fool acting tough and smart on the internet. You just won the argument for me.
Sorry I don't bother arguing with someone who replaces a injen filter with a k&n filter and claims a huge difference in smoothness and power..

And just because you don't have a clue about car audio doesn't mean you should spout your mouth about your l337 truck's stock system lol

Old 04-20-2010, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
Sorry I don't bother arguing with someone who replaces a injen filter with a k&n filter and claims a huge difference in smoothness and power..

And just because you don't have a clue about car audio doesn't mean you should spout your mouth about your l337 truck's stock system lol
LOL.

After all that "you aren't even worth my time" you went and researched the posts I've made.

HAHAHAHA. Do you realize how pathetic that was?

Old 04-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Xet
LOL.

After all that "you aren't even worth my time" you went and researched the posts I've made.

HAHAHAHA. Do you realize how pathetic that was?
With nubs like you I like to do some research and see if I should consider anything you say valid or as bull****. I got my answer, so why don't you go drive around with your new intake and all the power it got you, and while you are at it blast some of your godly $500 system.

Sorry you can continue trying to make yourself sound cool but you are nothing but a nub who has no clue what they are talking about when it comes to cars, whether it be intakes or sound systems. Bye have fun!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
With nubs like you I like to do some research and see if I should consider anything you say valid or as bull****. I got my answer, so why don't you go drive around with your new intake and all the power it got you, and while you are at it blast some of your godly $500 system.

Sorry you can continue trying to make yourself sound cool but you are nothing but a nub who has no clue what they are talking about when it comes to cars, whether it be intakes or sound systems. Bye have fun!

Alright Mr. I don't contradict myself. Go preach to someone who cares while you act tough on the internet.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:27 PM
^ lolz

Old 05-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I am satisfied with the Bose system in the G. I would NEVER purchase Bose components otherwise. But it came with the car and sounds acceptable
I tend to be MUCH more particular about home audio than car audio.
I am considering switching to Infinity Kappas,, (may or may not).

As for the AUX input. I am using a ipod intergration setup from everythingG35.COM that allows me to keep my Sat radio AND also use my ipod through the sat radio input
Here is the link:
http://www.g35parts.com/G35-iPod-Fac...999u7-ipod.htm

Old 05-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I didnt really have a major complaint until my system started cutting out.. every once in a while the entire system will begin to muffle and last night it completely cut out.. anybody know what this is? lose wiring? cause im gettin subs put in this week and it would suck to spend all that money just to have all the speakers cut out

Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah ^ fuuuuuuck paying that much for ipod integration, i work at best buy i can get a 500 dollar screen for that much haha im throwin a 5.8" screen in my G when i get the money, i tried the isimple and returned it cause i didnt care to spend 50 bucks let alone 209 shiiiit

Old 05-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ what "screen" are u talking about?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Bose system