G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

something im see'n alot of lately

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
something im see'n alot of lately

and no not another thread about big rims...

I see alot of people putting turbo's and blowers on auto's?

i thought this was against the performance car bible, seems like for every car i see thats FI 6mt i see two that are autos.

whats the deal? I was talking to a buddy about it who isnt a G owner but has driven them and currently owns a 6mt 2003 Z and he made a pretty good point i never though of.
He was talking about once you start making bigger numbers in HP say 350+ with a FI car the auto vs manual dosent really matter, his arguement is sometimes its better to have an auto considering an auto never misses a shift

I hope this dosent start another 6mt vs auto war

whats the deal why would you put some type of FI on an auto

Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Little pee pee syndrome.. People with auto feel they need to "boost" something because they don't have a 6mt...

For example, most of the heavily "exterior" modded cars (neons, lambo doors, crazy bumper kits) are usually autos. Most of the clean, simple modded cars are 6mt's..

Old 04-23-2010, 09:32 PM
gck
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
illbe following to see what people say!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 PM
heres and example of what im talking about when i see FI autos

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452882

Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Little pee pee syndrome.. People with auto feel they need to "boost" something because they don't have a 6mt...
For example, most of the heavily "exterior" modded cars (neons, lambo doors, crazy bumper kits) are usually autos. Most of the clean, simple modded cars are 6mt's..
Where in God's name did you ever get this opinion cause it's wrong! It's just as likely that a member with a clean well modded G could have a 5AT or 6MT. I have none of the above mentioned extreem mods and you've never seen a cleaner G35 coupe. It's stupid to stamp that kind of opinion on someone because they have a AT. Other than my wife's Corvettes this is the first AT I've ever owned. Dig your head out, your opinion's wrong. Oh yea, I have no desire to boost my coupe!
Gary

Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucid
heres and example of what im talking about when i see FI autos
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452882
Lucid, the G35 shown here is a show car that belongs to Lawrence a well respected member here in SoCal. No matter where he takes his G it draws a crowd and keeps the cameras going for hours not to mention it's very well done!
Gary

Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Lucid, the G35 shown here is a show car that belongs to Lawrence a well respected member here in SoCal. No matter where he takes his G it draws a crowd and keeps the cameras going for hours not to mention it's very well done!
Gary
i knew it was a member on here, i remember see'n the hydrow plates

very nicely done vehicle, ied love to ride out to socal sometime where i can get up close to cars like that

all you ever see on the east coast is people who drive mustangs acting like kid rock

Old 04-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
I don't see the issue. boost is boost. Autos actually hold boost better(turbo) through gears as well. Boost is boost. obviously the fun factor is alot less with an auto but at the end of the day i see no issue with it.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Where in God's name did you ever get this opinion cause it's wrong! It's just as likely that a member with a clean well modded G could have a 5AT or 6MT. I have none of the above mentioned extreem mods and you've never seen a cleaner G35 coupe. It's stupid to stamp that kind of opinion on someone because they have a AT. Other than my wife's Corvettes this is the first AT I've ever owned. Dig your head out, your opinion's wrong. Oh yea, I have no desire to boost my coupe!
Gary
I said most not all...

Old 04-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
lol if you didn't think this is going to cause AT drivers to freak out then you are just crazy..

Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Xet
lol if you didn't think this is going to cause AT drivers to freak out then you are just crazy..
its not meant to, heck i drive an AT

the more i think about it the more i like the idea of boosted autos basically because the consistency of the shifting

Old 04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers

quit yo jibbajabba fool!

Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Does it really even matter? Like ShanesG said, boost is boost.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i knew it was a member on here, i remember see'n the hydrow plates

very nicely done vehicle, ied love to ride out to socal sometime where i can get up close to cars like that

all you ever see on the east coast is people who drive mustangs acting like kid rock
I don't know where you live on the east coast but in NY I certainly don't see many mustangs. I do see a lot down in VA, but not up North. In Long Island, most of the kids I know drive imports like Lexus, Acura, Nissan, BMW, etc. Most of the kids in my high school drove 3 series coupes and sedans. I don't ever intend on boosting my 5AT. I bought the G35 coupe more for its looks and value. For 18k, I don't think I could've gotten a better car than the G35. Eitherway, if people want to boost their 5AT, go ahead. Its their car, their choice, and their money. At the end, we all got that same love for our Gs, which is why this forum is here!

Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
i thought this was against the performance car bible
Maybe if you're 15 years old. What a terrible thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: something im see'n alot of lately