G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Custom Prototype Intake!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tian
... its a silicon sleeve. Just a cheap alternative. Nothing prototype about it. Now, pic of you. Kthanxsbye

no no no not sleeve....ugh...i give up lol

Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
red tube = 50 powah

Old 05-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
I suppose it works as long as it holds up to the temperatures. Looks kind of tacky though.

Remember to protect your AC line with some wire loom so it doesn't get worn down over time.
Explain how this looks "tacky"? and please consider how "tacky" the factory one looks. Also its made of the same material that my b/f used to make his cold air intake for his cobra, and he saw pretty good gains and response from reducing the restriciton of the air flow to the throttle body inlet and has had no issues of deforming from heat and he has had his on for over 2 years. The factory setup is restrictive and messy. Also the factory tube has multiple "catch" cans on it for what reason i dont know, but they allow air to flow other places besides directly to the throtle body and these other components create turbulance which is not what you want, you want straight smooth flowing volumes of air. We will make this available to anyone interested, if you are not interested, then please feel free to keep spending large sums of cash on over priced "name brands". BTW my b/f is a mechanical engineer, so im pretty sure he knows a little something about building things like this. Thanks again for any and all input.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 PM
IMO you need spacers and a drop....

lol =)

Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
oem ztube for $80-90 brand new online> red painted plastic pipe

Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KBL281
Explain how this looks "tacky"? and please consider how "tacky" the factory one looks. Also its made of the same material that my b/f used to make his cold air intake for his cobra, and he saw pretty good gains and response from reducing the restriciton of the air flow to the throttle body inlet and has had no issues of deforming from heat and he has had his on for over 2 years. The factory setup is restrictive and messy. Also the factory tube has multiple "catch" cans on it for what reason i dont know, but they allow air to flow other places besides directly to the throtle body and these other components create turbulance which is not what you want, you want straight smooth flowing volumes of air. We will make this available to anyone interested, if you are not interested, then please feel free to keep spending large sums of cash on over priced "name brands". BTW my b/f is a mechanical engineer, so im pretty sure he knows a little something about building things like this. Thanks again for any and all input.
Whoa, not sure where all of that came from. I just think it looks tacky because it's a glossy bright red tube that sticks out like a sore thumb, that's all. You wanted feedback, that was my feedback. Not like I was going out of my way to bash your intake.

Also your boyfriend isn't exactly the first person to figure this out. People have been swapping in z-tubes for seven years now. The additional tubing on the g-tube are sound insulators engineered to quiet induction noise for a 'luxury' car.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Meh, you can fine a Z-tube and drop-in filter for prob. less then the material/time on this. And +1 on it looking pretty tacky.
+1 Z-tube and Dropin filter. Plus the Z-tube looks much better.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Whoa, not sure where all of that came from. I just think it looks tacky because it's a glossy bright red tube that sticks out like a sore thumb, that's all. You wanted feedback, that was my feedback. Not like I was going out of my way to bash your intake.

Also your boyfriend isn't exactly the first person to figure this out. People have been swapping in z-tubes for seven years now. The additional tubing on the g-tube are sound insulators engineered to quiet induction noise for a 'luxury' car.
lol yea this woulda maybe some what impressive if this was still 2003 and the g just came out

Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM

lol yea this woulda maybe been some what impressive if this was still 2003 and the g just came out

Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
lol yea this woulda maybe been some what impressive if this was still 2003 and the g just came out
I never said anything about it being NEW lol i just said it was a freakin prototype...you guys are so ruthless lol

Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 PM
^^oh im sorry. u kno what would make this thread better is if u post pics of u and ur car ; )

Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
^^oh im sorry. u kno what would make this thread better is if u post pics of u and ur car ; )
I guess this is what i get for being a girl on a forum just wanting general feedback on some specifics but w.e.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by KBL281
My boyfriend and I came up with a few concepts for an intake so we didnt have to spend $200+ on one. We will be working out the kinks on these designs and be able to offer them for a good price, def not $200+. We are also going to try and get some dyno numbers to see just what gains we are seeing. One design we have come up with uses the factory location for the filter and all the "ram" air components. The other design will be an actual full kit with filter relocation and a conical filter. Here is the first couple photos of the kit using the factory filter box. Again this is the FIRST photo and the first attempt. We will post more following further development.

Thanks for any feed back or interests.
I dont think you can advertise your product and try to sell your product without being a sponsor on this forum. But you can sell your used parts on the marketplace section.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
We gave feedback....you didn't like it...got defensive...now we sit and scratch our heads.

Seriously though just buy a z-tube, you can find them for ~$30-40 int he marketplace.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by HenryLee
I dont think you can advertise your product and try to sell your product without being a sponsor on this forum. But you can sell your used parts on the marketplace section.
You're right ....wasn't trying...but thanks for the heads up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Prototype Intake!!