G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Custom Prototype Intake!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by SscreaminCobra
umm whats your deal? this is not a "please hit on me cause I have no life thread". So curb the pic requests...."kthanksbye"
Uh. More pics of why this is a better alternative. Dont get all big now Mr. Mech Engineer

Old 05-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people think stretching tires to fit rims that are to wide for the tires looks good, when in reality it looks "tacky" and is ridiculusly unsafe. Some people think lambo doors are cool, again total waste of money. So to each his own. I'd rather build a car that can do both and when you are trying to squeeze as much as possible out of an engine, yeah every hp/tq you gain counts.
The problem is you aren't doing anything new. I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive. OEM Z-tubes sell for $35 all day, and if people want to get fancy they can get them in a variety of finishes as well for under $100. Nobody is getting ripped off on overpriced items.

Furthermore people have been putting these on their G's since 2003. It's an extensively discussed topic, so maybe that's why the response you're getting is largely apathetic.

You made a DIY z-tube, that's all good. Nobody is saying it's a bad design or whatnot. But I think we're all in confusion why you're getting so upset.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KBL281
lol you're funny.... i know, i have been looking into lowering i posted another thread about what suspension type we have which i know now is linear so...I'm going to go from there
TBH, I don't even know what your G looks like. I'm just trolling because people in here are being dumb.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
wow, a muscle car leg humper comes to an import forum to tell us about performance and hate on stretched tires and being dumbt.

You can't out run ugly, so buy a japanese car and go low.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ lol

Old 05-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Listen intakes on a G35 are totally different from them being on mustangs. You guys can get up to 30whp from an intake after tune, for the G well it's just for a better noise maker.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by NachoCheese
TBH, I don't even know what your G looks like. I'm just trolling because people in here are being dumb.
NO i know lol but you made me laugh...kind of needed to after all the "DIS" lol i posted some new pics in my album

Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tian
Uh. More pics of why this is a better alternative. Dont get all big now Mr. Mech Engineer
pics posted in album

Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
you have been quoted for post of the year

Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
wow, a muscle car leg humper comes to an import forum to tell us about performance and hate on stretched tires and being dumbt.

your funny, but, my car is faster, more rare, worth more and overall a better built car. My IRS is stronger, my transmission is stronger, my car is lighter, and I make more power in 4 cyl. then you do in 6. Ugly, haha, Ive won countless shows and ive dont that without having to compromise on my ride quality, looks, or performance. I dont "leg hump" muscle cars, nor do I "leg hump" imports, but i can see you do. I enjoy PERFORMANCE CARS, nothing more nothing less. I have alot of respect for the G35, however, it is very girly, thats just my opinion. It takes alot of $$ to make that car move and look good while doing it. Again, whats the point of buying a "luxury SPORTS car" that you keep weighing down because you only care about looks? Thats like wearing a styrofoam helmet while riding an R1 at 180 mph...it make no sense. Again, to each his own. As far as looks go, my car sits very aggresivly, has a beautiful color shifting 3 stage paint, matching color shifting leather, chrome wheels, blacked out lights, debadged, lowered, protions of the body are shaved, ect. I could go on and on. Fact is you best response was basicly saying that you know you car is slow, so screw it make it slower...

Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
your funny, but, my car is faster, more rare, worth more and overall a better built car. My IRS is stronger, my transmission is stronger, my car is lighter, and I make more power in 4 cyl. then you do in 6. Ugly, haha, Ive won countless shows and ive dont that without having to compromise on my ride quality, looks, or performance. I dont "leg hump" muscle cars, nor do I "leg hump" imports, but i can see you do. I enjoy PERFORMANCE CARS, nothing more nothing less. I have alot of respect for the G35, however, it is very girly, thats just my opinion. It takes alot of $$ to make that car move and look good while doing it. Again, whats the point of buying a "luxury SPORTS car" that you keep weighing down because you only car about looks? Thats like wearing a styrofoam helmet while riding an R1 at 180 mph...it make no sense. Again, to each his own. As far as looks go, my car sits very aggresivly, has a beautiful color shifting 3 stage paint, matching color shifting leather, chrome wheels, blacked out lights, debadged, lowered, protions of the body are shaved, ect. I could go on and on. Fact is you best response was basicly saying that you know you car is slow, so screw it make it slower...
You're a fgt. Pics of the gf or GTFO

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a cheapo ebay intake that i got for 17 bucks... works fine.. wondering about heat soak though... even though a material has a high temp rating, that only means that's how hot it needs to be before it melts or malfunctions. You can have a plastic tube rated at 1000 degrees before it melts, that means that the air flow generated within the plastic tube could flow at that temperature into the engine.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
chameleon ftw!!

NOT!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
I do not understand why you come here and bash peoples style on what they do to his or her car. Nor do you understand the many members on here that are hardcore engine freaks, but no you come here and say we like stretched tires and heavy bodykits.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Now, I will disagree with you saying your Terminator is worth more, because depending on the year of the G, they're essentially worth about the same. Which sucks for the G35s, because you could spend the same amount of money we did on most of the Gs (in the $20k range) and instead buy a Cobra and get an extra 130+ hp stock for the same price. A Terminator will be my next car after my G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Prototype Intake!!