G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Do you think the dealership will exchange my G35C?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you think the dealership will exchange my G35C?

Ok guys. I've reached the limit. My car is in the shop yet again and I'm about to lose it. But let me roll back a little. I purchased this car in late Jan. I had been looking at getting on ever since it came out. I love this car, period. I went car shopping for one at the end of january. I spent several weeks calling dealerships getting quotes, etc.

Finally after several dealerships I found the model, type, and color I wanted stashed in the back of the Cerritos Infiniti lot in So. Cal., (I don't know if that means anything). I it was about 7pm when I got there. I test drove it and it drove like a dream it was dirty but they promised they would detail it for me if I bought.

So the haggling commensed and finally around 9pm we managed strike decent deal. Basically I paid almost full MSRP. We took care of the paperwork and they cleaned up the car. They then brought it up in front of the dealership into alot more light for me to inspect before I took full delivery of the vehicle.

During the inspection I found that someone had rear ended the car and put a hole in the plastic of the rear bumper right above the license plate. Then I found a fingernail size chip in the left front wheel. I completely freaked out, told them that I didn't want this car and that they would have to order me another. I was willing to wait just to know that the car was in perfect condition when I took delivery.

This is my first new car and I am paying alot of money so I felt it should be perfect. Also it is a lease so I didn't want any complications. The sales manager, finance manager, and sales lady all assured me that I took this car they would make ALL necessary repairs and that it would be put back to complete original condition. Needless to say months later this is still not the case. They still have not received the rim and they have installed and repainted the bumper once already.

It still looks like ****!! I have been driving a loaner car off and on for more that two weeks. It took an outrageous amount of time the bumper to arrive alone and when it finally did the "expert" body shop they sent it to messed up the paint. Now there are tiny pinholes in the paint and the clear coat doesn't match the gloss of the original paint. Then when I called to yell at the guy from the bodyshop he tells me "Oh you have Laser Red so we'll never be able to match it exactly."

Man I am bent. On top of that when it was in the bodyshop they took a bunch of stuff out of the trunk including my roadside kit and never put it back! I think my car is jinxed. I just wanted it to be all original and in my view the dealer has still failed to do this.

So... My question to you guy is do you think if I talk to the GM that the dealer would exchange it for another? The two problems with this is that: 1. I have already tinted and debadged the car. 2. It has about 3700 miles on it. Any suggestions? Should I just try to get some of my deposit back as refund since I took delivery of a damaged car. Or do you think there is a remote chance I can get them to order another? I would gladly pay full price (Like I already did), just it have it undamaged on delivery. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Thanks everyone.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 04-09-2003, 01:20 PM
Re: Do you think the dealership will exchange my G35C?

Here are some pic's of the damage found upon delivery of the vehicle.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

39114-damage1.jpg

Old 04-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about these problems. My advice would be to type a professional letter to the GM, stating the chronological events that have taken place. This is your best bet in getting the problems fixed once and for all. I would not count on a swap or refund.

Good luck!

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

Old 04-09-2003, 01:41 PM

here's a pic of the scratched rim.....

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

39126-damage2.jpg

Old 04-09-2003, 02:16 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Jason, You've been thru the 'ringer' with your baby haven't you? I would think, like G35Woman says, that you're not likely gonna get a new car or refund. Your best bet is to get in there and talk to the GM (calmly if you can) about your issues and tell him you want him to fix things up once and for all, of course having a loaner until finished. Tell him you don't want to raise hell with Infiniti or the Lemon Law people, and that you'd like to stay on the good side of your dealership.
Give him another chance to rectify things to your satisfaction
and go from there. I'm sure he'll do everything in his power to make things right for you. Better days are ahead bro----
Good Luck......[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-09-2003, 03:57 PM

I know a collegue that may be able to help you. Please private message me if you are interested. Thanks.

Sean
2003 G35c - DG/6mt/Prem/Navi/Brembos/snrf
02 Yamaha R1 - Liquid Silver

Old 04-09-2003, 04:39 PM

You bought a brand new car at almost MSRP with all that damage? I can't understand how a dealer can talk you into this...I'ld probably seek legal action...just my two cents

6MT; Desert Platinum; Nav; premium; performance

Old 04-09-2003, 06:10 PM

Jason,

Most auto manufacturer's publish a very specific escalation chain for getting customer satisfaction issues addressed. It's usually found in your User Manual or Warranty Booklet.

I would follow each link in that chain, starting with your dealership's management, until I reached then end if necessary. Like G35girl says, be professional (yet FIRM) in stating your case at each level.

If you get to the end of the chain without satisfaction, I would then seek legal remedies and go consult a Lawyer.

Also, Infiniti has a North American "Consumer Affairs" division based in California. They supposedly police the dealer's responsiveness on customer satisfaction issues. I have been in touch with them off-and-on about my order, which has been rediculously long, and they have been very active on my behalf (I usually hear from them every week). They gave me the following toll-free number to use, so you might try them next and see if they will address your case:

1-800-662-6200 (enter option #7)

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 04-09-2003, 07:27 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles RedRok8. But as has been said, I wouldn't go in there yelling and raising hell, as that could very well get you nowhere quick. If you've reasoned calmly with the GM to what you feel is the extent of what is necessary, then, if you think it's necessary, you can always resort to chewing them out.

2003 G35 Coupe
Black, Willow, 6spd, Aero, Prem
On the way...due in April...hurry!! [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2003, 08:57 PM

It's been real difficult guys and gals. Don't get me wrong, but I'm usually a cool cat. It's just really starting to get under my skin. I thinking maybe it's because of the looks I'm getting from the GM and the Service Manager like I'm being terribley outlandish for asking what I have asked for. For the most part I have been clam except once or twice. Because as others have said, I've found I'm mor apt to get the response I want. I'm just a little peeved and Me Irish streak is comin through! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm gonna try to setup an appointment to see them GM. We'll see what he will do. I'm only worried because I met him briefly when I bought the car and he acted like a real jerk-off. We'll see, Thanks to all for you suggestions. Just wanted to gauge whether I'm being too outlandish with this. I'll keep ya updated. Thanks.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 04-10-2003, 09:46 PM

Redrok8,

I saw this on another forum and thought you might be interested to see how this guy handled matters with his dealership screwing him over.

I was in dealer hell an I had only had the car for a year and a half with < 15K miles on it before it ran in to serious drive train issues. After a month and a half and 4 times in the shop the car still didn't run right. What I found was that the dealer would milk corporate as much as they could on "in warranty" repairs and then "gave up" once they hit the $ warranty stop loss limit as they would then have to eat the $ themselves. That was when they started to claim that they had fixed the vehicle and what I was experiencing was "normal" behavior for my car (like idling at 2K was was normal and having the engine stall the second the air condidtioner was turned on was normal...yah, right...).

Here is how I resolved:
I contacted Mazda's USA Headquarters and talked with their VP of Consumer Affairs and the GM for Mazda USA. I followed up with a certified letter to them as well and copied the general manager of the dealership, as well as the president/owner of the dealership by certified mail as well. I clearly and consisely articulated my problem with the vehicle (which is hard to do when you are mad!), how the dealer was unable to resolve, and my dissatisfaction with not only my purchase, but the automobile manufacturer in general as a result. I also stated that if the issue could not be resolved that I was going to file action citing the state's applied merchantability laws as well as the state's lemon laws. I also stated that I was notifying the state agency for automotive repairs, consumer affairs, as well as the city's BBB.

Within a copule of days all hell broke loose as Mazda USA corporate tried to resolve the issue and the dealer tried to save face with them. Each individual dealer is held to very high corporate marketing and image standards. The last thing they want is something elevated "out of school" to their supplier when they should have been able to solve it themselves to the customer's satisfaction. Within two weeks they had my car running perfect, having replaced the entire upper block of the engine. I also had the factory warranty reset to 0 due to the grave nature of the repairs.

Last note: On warranty repairs demand all receipts, even if you are not paying. You want an inventory of all parts replaced and the time/$ involved as each state has various $ amounts tied to their lemon laws. Once repairs cross that amount, even if you don't pay out of your own pocket, many states require that you get a brand new replacement vehicle. On my vehicle I even took it in for burned out dash interior lights to keep the $ meter running. In the state of Calif one final warranty repair for $200 two years later pushed me over the line and I finally got a new car as a result...

Recommendations?
1) Search the web for the lemon laws in your state.
2) Contact Inifiti corporate and their consumer affairs office. Follow up with a leter to them and copy Mark McNabb, VP and GM for Infiniti North America; Joy Murakami Cross, VP, Legal and General Counsel, Nissan North America; check www.infinitinews.com to find the correct Regional VP for your region of the US; William O. Bosely, VP, Parts and Service, Nissan North America. Copy the GM for your local dealer and the owner of the dealership.
3) Watch the sparks fly as the dealer tries to cover his butt

Bozz
6MT Laser Red w/ prem.

Old 04-11-2003, 01:21 AM

BOOOMMM...

sweet idea .. I think that is something we will all keep in mind and hopefully not have to go through.

I feel for ya bro... sorry to hear your troubles.

BUT, with all of the above post, you should be golden.... and get these buggers to fix up your vechx once and for all.

OHH YAH, whatever ya do!!, don't have a pint and go in to talk !!!
then the irish blood will be really pumpin !!! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I know how it is... I'm a bloody Irishman too !!

Old 04-11-2003, 12:54 PM

He He.. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yeah I've already learned the one about the pint before talking issues!

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 04-11-2003, 01:01 PM

Bozz,
You da' man! Thanks for all the info. I will be picking "her" up today so we will see if they have resolved all the issues I listed when I dropped "her" off. Wish me luck guys. Hopefully if they have finally got it right I won't need to pursue the things listed above. [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT