G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

somethin that ticks me off about my car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somethin that ticks me off about my car...

is the friggin gas tank
i drove a 350z for 2 years before getting a G and it did the same thing

i cant find a gas pump that wont kick off when trying to fill my car up, it seriously gets on my nerves to the point where i dread putting gas in it.

when i had my 350z i looked it up and read about it, something to do with the bends or length or whatever that has problems with fuel nozels sometimes
it just happens that every single gas station in my area has nozels that dont like my tank

is there a fix for this??

Edit: i know its been beat to death im just ranting, and my car is an 06 so it wasnt part of the recall

Last edited by Lucid; 05-27-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
There is a TSB on it. 06 should still be under warranty. Take it to the dealership and let them deal with it.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Check this thread out, it has helped me!

https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...weirdness.html

Since you cant fill it full, try to clean the driver side fuel level sensor. I did the steps in the thread with great outcome.
First I did the driver side, cleaned the sensor but to my surprise the needle still doesn't move. I went ahead and cleaned the passenger side. BAM! the needle on the gas meter moves! YES!

But reason for me tellin you to try to clean the driver side, I believe this will help to fill the tank.
I used to have the filling up problem along with the meter not moving. Now I dont have either problems.
Easy to Play too!

Brought to you by the other thread:
Originally Posted by moses
Drivers side. Remove back seat and cloth cover. Four tabs hold this plate. Just turn them and it comes off.
Remove the wire harness, and the plate can be moved out of the way. Then there are phillips head screws holding the sending unit inside the tank. Keep a rag handy at this point and be well ventilated
Carefully lift the unit up. There is a long metal arm holding the float unit. Where the arm connects to the main body is a little board that you can use a q-tip to clean. Mine didn't look dirty until I wiped it with the q-tip, but hopefully that is where the problem is, because there is not a whole lot else going on on this thing.

The passenger side unit includes the fuel pump, so its a little harder. You have to squeeze the tabs at the end of the fuel line, then push it off. Keep the rag handy as fuel WILL come out if there is any residual pressure.

Then pull the unit out carefully, as its a pretty tight fit. The metal arm and cleaning spot are the same as the other side, though this piece is a bit more unweildy.

Be careful not to lose the o-ring in the tank! Replace and good luck. If this works, its a pretty easy fix <fingers crossed>. Only took about 20-30 minutes.
your welcome

Old 05-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i can fill my car up to the brim, no problems putting gas in it

but it acts like its full if i try to pump it at full pump preasure from the gas station

i have to play with it a couple times to get it to fill up verrrrrryyyyy slow

theres a pump at my food city that i can get to creep slow enough where i dont have as many problems, i usually try to fill up at 3/4 tank so it dosent take so long

Edit:my gas guage works fine just the pump wants to kick off when i put gas in like its hitting the little closed flap and splashing gas on the nozel and kicking it off, and the closest dealership is 2 hours away, my 350z had this problem at various gas stations but i just learned to live with it