G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is this bad??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
U just had alignment done and it still pulls to one side deff get it checked out.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 PM
^ ya Im getting it looked at tomorrow and holy crap thats expensive haha.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Sooooo carfax was clean, but my autobody guy said it was clearly in an accident and the unibody frame, I believe he said is bent and there could be more frame damage to go with it if I remember correctly. The car was leased so whoever had it covered it up and did a **** poor job. Basically Im gonna go after the dealership and try to get the money for what I bought the car for (list price) and all the extra money I have put into it so far. This really sucks, Im incredibly disappointed and mad and I really hope I can win this case cause if not Im screwed. I also dont know what I will do for a next car....

Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 PM
a lot of the times dealers (especially small ones) buy those unibody/framies at auctions for pretty cheap and sell them as good cars...
Carfax is POS service.... it shows only things that have been reported to them by dealers, DMV and insurance companies...
If you wrecked your car and did it at a private shop - carfax will never find it out...

Next time you buy a car ALWAYS ask where they got the car from, what auction and get CONDITION REPORT from them. They HAVE TO HAVE IT !!!
If they trying to hide it from you by saying they never had one - they are lying, then there must be something wrong...

Also, ask them for the invoice !
By looking at the invoice price you'll be able to figure out if the car was sold for cheap or not.... There are no miracles in car business - if the car is cheap (especially at the auction) then there must be something wrong with it !

If they say it was a trade in, then tell them to show you transaction record, showing for how much it was traded in... That will also help you to negotiate on the price

Of course they will try not to show you that, but tell them that they need to do that if they wanna sell this car right now... usually works....

A lot of the dealers treat you like a fool that they need to make money off....
Why should you be polite with them?

it's competitive market right now and buyer has all the power.... buyer has the money...
and don't get too excited about the car (at least do not show it to dealer)....
excitement very often blacks out your mind and makes you miss those problems that you are dealing with right now !
Don't be afraid to wait for the right car - patience always pays off !!!

I can give you 3 good examples of patience pay-off in car search

1) Bought 2006 Infiniti M35 in 2009 for $16.8 K in immaculate condition (KBB was 21-22K)
2) Just bought 2003 G35 coupe fully loaded with all bells and whistles for $11K (Kbb is 14K)
3) Bought 95 Lexus SC300 with only 90K miles for $4500 in showroom condition (kbb is 6.8K)

I spent between 2 and 12 months waiting and searching before I got these cars...
Of course I had to do tons of negotiations and BS-ing to get those prices... but that's already another story

Old 07-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by cccp.spb
a lot of the times dealers (especially small ones) buy those unibody/framies at auctions for pretty cheap and sell them as good cars...
Carfax is POS service.... it shows only things that have been reported to them by dealers, DMV and insurance companies...
If you wrecked your car and did it at a private shop - carfax will never find it out...

Next time you buy a car ALWAYS ask where they got the car from, what auction and get CONDITION REPORT from them. They HAVE TO HAVE IT !!!
If they trying to hide it from you by saying they never had one - they are lying, then there must be something wrong...

Also, ask them for the invoice !
By looking at the invoice price you'll be able to figure out if the car was sold for cheap or not.... There are no miracles in car business - if the car is cheap (especially at the auction) then there must be something wrong with it !

If they say it was a trade in, then tell them to show you transaction record, showing for how much it was traded in... That will also help you to negotiate on the price

Of course they will try not to show you that, but tell them that they need to do that if they wanna sell this car right now... usually works....

A lot of the dealers treat you like a fool that they need to make money off....
Why should you be polite with them?

it's competitive market right now and buyer has all the power.... buyer has the money...
and don't get too excited about the car (at least do not show it to dealer)....
excitement very often blacks out your mind and makes you miss those problems that you are dealing with right now !
Don't be afraid to wait for the right car - patience always pays off !!!

I can give you 3 good examples of patience pay-off in car search

1) Bought 2006 Infiniti M35 in 2009 for $16.8 K in immaculate condition (KBB was 21-22K)
2) Just bought 2003 G35 coupe fully loaded with all bells and whistles for $11K (Kbb is 14K)
3) Bought 95 Lexus SC300 with only 90K miles for $4500 in showroom condition (kbb is 6.8K)

I spent between 2 and 12 months waiting and searching before I got these cars...
Of course I had to do tons of negotiations and BS-ing to get those prices... but that's already another story

wow long post haha but tons of good info thanks! Are there any other options like carfax that show everything? The car was leased so obviously the previous owner tried to cover up the accident. i think I have a good chance against them and I highly doubt it will go to court, it will cost less just to settle.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
The only source that can somehow show you what was with the car before - Auction Condition Report. 99% of the times auctions like Manheim check all their cars for frames and mechanical condition. If something needs to be replaced, they do it.

That's what happened to my 06 M35 - I got the car with brand new tires and windshield

Other than that only God knows
So pretty much if you not sure about the car, just pray )))

Old 07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
haha ya, well thanks for the info and I guess I will pray for the best with the settlement!