G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Changed bearings and still confused...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Changed bearings and still confused...

Fellas,
I've been dealing with this vibration/noise constantly while driving my 04 coupe for the last couple weeks. It starts immediately when I begin driving and gets worse the faster I go and even worser when I slow down to a stop! The slower I get, the worst the vibration, followed by bad noise until I come to a stop.
I bought two wheel bearing to replace both driver side and passenger side bearings because I don't see any feathering. The car rides smoother but is STILL too loud. It just doesnt match. Its driving me effin crazy
I've gone through looking at other people's threads and done what I can but can not find a solution yet!
Anyone, please help if you have any ideas....

Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Check your tire wear?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
+1 on tires. if its not the bearings, its gotta be the tires.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
You should have had a mechanic or an alignment shop take a look at it before you start replacing things that doesn't need to be replaced.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 PM
my two front tires are only a couple months old, albeit, nankangs, but I can tell the difference between road noise and this humming... but if it were the tires, how would it make this noise and vibration that rattles from the steering wheel to the center of the dash...? Say they were unbalanced coz town fair tire sucks, would it produce this type of bs?? I checked the rotors, fine. Calipers, fine.
And Jibber, I checked the bearings and they looked like they were dead, rusted out and made noise with just a spin. So even though its not them, they needed to be done. Just wish it fixed this ridiculous problem....

Old 07-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Are you 100% positrive your pistons aren't frozen? DO you have a 6mt with the brembos? The inner piston could be froze and its really hard to see if the rotors are wearing on the inside.

Although, I guess you would have noticed that when you did your bearings...Not much else will cause a noise and vibration unless something was obviously rubbing. Do your liners show any signs of rubbing? Unbalanced wheels will cause vibrations, but I've never heard of unbalanced wheels causing noticeable noise. Are they wheels or weights hitting the calipers? Is your dust shield hitting the rotor or something?

Those are the only questions I could pose for you, best of luck!

Old 07-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
I'd begin by having an independent brake/alignment shop check your alignment and tires. It will be easier for them to pinpoint what's causing the noise/vibration than us. We just have opinions, they'll have your car....
Gary

Old 07-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by idrive_MD
Are you 100% positrive your pistons aren't frozen? DO you have a 6mt with the brembos? The inner piston could be froze and its really hard to see if the rotors are wearing on the inside.

Although, I guess you would have noticed that when you did your bearings...Not much else will cause a noise and vibration unless something was obviously rubbing. Do your liners show any signs of rubbing? Unbalanced wheels will cause vibrations, but I've never heard of unbalanced wheels causing noticeable noise. Are they wheels or weights hitting the calipers? Is your dust shield hitting the rotor or something?

Those are the only questions I could pose for you, best of luck!
Yes, its an 04 TB 6spd w/ the brembos. I'm sure its not the caliper. It must be the tires even though I can't visibly see anything or feel anything. But yeah, thanks guys. I'm going to figure this out soon and I'll post the solution as soon as I can for future drivers with the same annoying problem.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Did you fix that problem?

What was it ?