G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bose system worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2003 | 05:26 PM
|
Bose system worth it?

Is the BOSE option worth the money or wat? wat you guys think? im gonna order my G Coupe soon .. i dont kno wat options and color i should get.. it looks soo nice in soo many colors..so wat u all think?

Old 04-11-2003 | 05:39 PM
Re: Bose system worth it?

I haven't heard the standard G35 system, but the Bose system rocks. Of course, you could put in a custom system that could kick the Bose's ***. But if you want good sound out of a stock system, you can't go wrong with the upgrade.

The volume cranks up loud enough to hurt, there's no distortion, and plenty of bass. The only problem I've found is that my rearview mirror vibrates so much with the bass, it blurs the image!

Old 04-11-2003 | 05:55 PM

It depends on what your expecting. If your looking for a system to play rap music with enough bass to rattle the windows of the car four lanes over, then no its not going to do it for you.

But, if your looking for a system that plays clean sound with good bass (at least from CD and other high quality sources) and enough volume to blow eardrums, this system will do fine. My only complaint that that system's tweeters could provide a bit better detail, but for most music it sounds good. My system actually seems to have gotten better as its amps and speakers have broken in. It also sounds better turned up than down. At low volumes, the sound can be muddy.

For me, the best sound is obtained by turning the SCV OFF, treble to 5 and bass to 0.

The other reason to get the better sound system is doing a custom system is a lot of custom work... you can't just drop a head unit into this car.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bigel on 04/11/03 02:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-11-2003 | 06:04 PM

yea, these guys are right. the bose system is great for a stock system, but there are custom systems that are definitely better. it also depends on which coupe you are getting. if you're getting the 6MT then you have no choice caue it comes with the premium package already.

Old 04-11-2003 | 07:35 PM

Personally, after having a MB Bose system and the Infiniti version, this version is pretty poor. It obviously is dependant on what you compare it to, but I was surprised when both cars had Bose systems stock and the one in the Infiniti doesn't match it at all. I'm looking to go aftermarket.

Old 04-11-2003 | 07:57 PM
|

I am gonna get the 6MT, but i didnt kno that it comes with teh Premium Package. THe dealer only told me it came with the Performance Tire and Wheel Package and i would have to pay extra for the BOSE system.

Yea i was wondering about the custom system becuase i didnt think you could slap on a new system in the front cause it all like goes together. I dont kno much about stereo systems and stuff but im assuming that i wouldnt beable to do nething to teh BOSE system? Like would i have to get rid of the bose system to use aftermarket parts or can i use aftermarket parts wit it? u kno wat im saying??

Old 04-11-2003 | 08:44 PM

To get rid of the Bose system, its a custom job. Check the forums here, a couple of guys have done some. It involves cutting the dash, removing door panels, etc. Plus, I think the AC controls are integrated with the bose unit, but I might be wrong on that.

Bose uses 1 ohm impedance speakers, most other speakers I have seen for cars are 4 ohm. Since most custom guy are replacing speakers anyways, that is no biggie, but you shouldn't try to use 4ohm speakers with the Bose amps.

Finally, you lose the function of your steering wheel buttons.

If you want kicking bass and don't need a trunk, I suppose one thing you could do is use the speaker wires to the rear deck as a speaker level input for a subwoofer box. Use you own amps to convert the signal.

Old 04-12-2003 | 12:09 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

dude you are young and 16, you dont need the premium system (like me haha)
I have the 6MT with no premium on order.....i will be putting in a custom system which is why the bose is useless for me...so in conclusion, dont get the bose, as for sunroof...up to you...its $1000
I went without it because of twin turbo financial reasons...

For those of you who said "The Bose system is great for a stock system" you are full of crap because i think its a horrible system because IT IS NOT STOCK, IT COSTED YOU $900..... the stock system is not bose, the stock system is 160 watts and 6 speakers w/ 6CD changer.....that is stock

Bose is the upgraded sound system (i.e. not stock) and is ONLY 240 watts and 2 more speakers in the back...now, does that justify the $900 extra that you paid? not in my opinion....$900 can buy you a custom installed system of over 1,000 watts... (half of it to tweeters and midrange, other half of it to the subwoofer)

also...I would go with just 1 12" sub in the trunk because of limited space...

So dude...the only reason i can see for you to get the premium package is if you are getting the Navigation system, but only because the factory requires it.

if you want the self-dimming mirror and home-link...just get your windows tinted and a garage-door opener...heh

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 04-12-2003 | 03:11 AM

personally, I think the premium bose system is crap... of course I've never been settled with stock anything... sure, it kicks the crap outta 90% of other stock systems out there... but I just expected sooo much more for "PREMIUM" sound... I was way disappointed to find some crappy paper speakers behind my door panels... needless to say, I'm in the process of upgrading now...

Old 04-12-2003 | 09:25 AM
|

hey johnny, wat speakers, etc. you gonna put in it ?

Old 04-12-2003 | 09:52 AM

Ask your parents to get you some MB Quartz.

you know whad i'm seyin?

jokin buddy [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

later G

Old 04-12-2003 | 11:17 AM

MB Quart Premium Line for now (PSD 216 up front) until my friend who is sponsored by Image Dynamics comes through with a full set of speakers. Gotta love those MBQ crossovers for now though.

Old 04-12-2003 | 12:30 PM

Technically, anything you can order on the car from the factory is "stock."

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-12-2003 | 03:59 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

fine man, lets call it "upgraded stock" and "base stock" heheheh

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 04-14-2003 | 05:05 AM

"base stock" sounds like something you use to make gumbo or beef stew...

[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bose system worth it?