G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

here me out this may benefit you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
I can't wait to leave HI so I can tint my windows more than 35%...I miss my 15% window tint

Old 08-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
I got a obsidian black G. she so purdy <3

Old 08-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy here we go again

Old 08-16-2010, 02:09 AM
actually bro. I know of a place that makes a paddle shift kit, get back at me I ur interested

Old 08-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Calvin
19" tenzo type m wheels - eh, could be worse. not a terrible choice in wheel.

painting my emblems red -

my exhaust tips red -

getting the v35 skyline taillights ( and tinting them) - what's the point? why hide those beautiful amber signals? for JDM tails for smoking them (wish people would leave smoked tails in the 90s)

mabye getting the '06 g35 headlights -

the sport package spoiler - again, there are worse options. btw, you didn't say what year OEM spoiler.
+32424. Red emblems on your silver car will not look good. Seriously, painted red exhaust tips? Better use some paint that won't burn off after a few minutes of driving your car.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say do it and post pics. If it looks like rice, which if the pictures in my head hold true, we can make fun of you and post your pics in other threads we have here.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:39 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
+32424. Red emblems on your silver car will not look good. Seriously, painted red exhaust tips? Better use some paint that won't burn off after a few minutes of driving your car.
^^ Dude you and me got very similar taste.

I'll throw in my advice and lets see if we match.

I will applaud you for realizing that performance mods are not a good idea, especially at your age because we don't need you putting your car into a wall. That would be very tragic.

You want your emblems and exhaust red to match your wheels. But your car is silver... you have nothing to contrast anything at all. Plus, at what point did you think silver and red look good? The two colors DO NOT compliment each other at all. You'd be better off matching green and pink.

I would definitely get the projector headlights. One, the light output is so much better then the reflectors. And two, with a silver car, the "chrome" on the light housing will flow into the look of your car so much better.

The Tenzo wheels aren't a bad choice, but you're 17... so I guess you do have a smaller budget compared to some of us are in our mid-20's to mid-30's. The exception of Tim (Blue Dream) cuz he's like 105. But I still wouldn't put a red TA on this wheel either, it mostly goes back to my previous statement. How does red go with a silver car? You didn't specify what silver, but there are really only 2 silver's to choose from (technically, I don't count LP cuz it looks too much like DG to me and I can't tell the fkn difference), and its either Brilliant Silver or Diamond Graphite.

Being 17, you're fuggin lucky you get to drive a G35. I would HIGHLY listen to some of the advice here on the forum, because lets face it.., why do you wanna mod your G at this age? You wanna impress the people at your HS, and I don't fkn blame you. I would do that too if I were your age. But, with your list of mods you wanna do, I promise you that you'll get laughed at when you go to your school. And I know that image is everything to a person in High School.

You won't have a good image with your choice of mods, you'll be known as the kid with the ugly G35 in the parking lot. They won't even know your name, they won't need to... they'll point at you and identify you by your car, and they'll laugh. And then you'll try to spend more of your money fixing the stuff that you already did.

Do it right the first time.

Below are attached images that my friend Kwon (nyckid) did a nasty photochop of. I almost threw up in my mouth a bit looking at my car go from being awesome... to not being awesome.

Edit: And don't take it as we're hating. We're trying to point you in the right direction if you are serious about modding your car. If you don't want to listen to our advice, then that's your choice. Remember that you posted here with some questions and we answered them.

Last edited by XiN; 08-16-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
they make paddle shifters for the coupe. MaxsG in the NGC part of the forum has them on his coupe.

I hate my paddle shifters. I think I have used them maybe 10 times in 2.5 years.

they are too small and dont move with the steering wheel so when you are going around a corner its weird.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:19 AM
hey what's up man? congratulations on getting your G. it's a sweet car. but hey listen man, the only reason i've kept my G stock to this point (i got in last year in november) is because i also wanted to go your route and mod the emblems, make it all cute and what not. but then i, thanks to G35 Driver realized that doing that stuff kinda is being ricer, painting the exhaust tips just so they can fade out the next day, changing the infiniti emblems to nissan and 350GT skyline. it's really not worth it if you think about it. im not saying you shouldn't mod it. i plan on buying the nismo body kit pretty soon, or at least the front bumper for now because i like how it has the stock look, but is still pretty sporty. then after that maybe some 370Z touring wheels. i think those look sick on the G. but anyways hey, it's YOUR car. so do whatever you want with it. we just reply because you asked. oh, and im 17 also! i have an '05 Diamond Graphite 6MT Coupe.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
^^ Dude you and me got very similar taste.

I'll throw in my advice and lets see if we match.

I will applaud you for realizing that performance mods are not a good idea, especially at your age because we don't need you putting your car into a wall. That would be very tragic.

You want your emblems and exhaust red to match your wheels. But your car is silver... you have nothing to contrast anything at all. Plus, at what point did you think silver and red look good? The two colors DO NOT compliment each other at all. You'd be better off matching green and pink.

I would definitely get the projector headlights. One, the light output is so much better then the reflectors. And two, with a silver car, the "chrome" on the light housing will flow into the look of your car so much better.

The Tenzo wheels aren't a bad choice, but you're 17... so I guess you do have a smaller budget compared to some of us are in our mid-20's to mid-30's. The exception of Tim (Blue Dream) cuz he's like 105. But I still wouldn't put a red TA on this wheel either, it mostly goes back to my previous statement. How does red go with a silver car? You didn't specify what silver, but there are really only 2 silver's to choose from (technically, I don't count LP cuz it looks too much like DG to me and I can't tell the fkn difference), and its either Brilliant Silver or Diamond Graphite.

Being 17, you're fuggin lucky you get to drive a G35. I would HIGHLY listen to some of the advice here on the forum, because lets face it.., why do you wanna mod your G at this age? You wanna impress the people at your HS, and I don't fkn blame you. I would do that too if I were your age. But, with your list of mods you wanna do, I promise you that you'll get laughed at when you go to your school. And I know that image is everything to a person in High School.

You won't have a good image with your choice of mods, you'll be known as the kid with the ugly G35 in the parking lot. They won't even know your name, they won't need to... they'll point at you and identify you by your car, and they'll laugh. And then you'll try to spend more of your money fixing the stuff that you already did.

Do it right the first time.

Below are attached images that my friend Kwon (nyckid) did a nasty photochop of. I almost threw up in my mouth a bit looking at my car go from being awesome... to not being awesome.

Edit: And don't take it as we're hating. We're trying to point you in the right direction if you are serious about modding your car. If you don't want to listen to our advice, then that's your choice. Remember that you posted here with some questions and we answered them.

Well said . The red just doesn't flow well with the silver.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My G is all show, no go. I don't drive the car hard enough to benefit from performance upgrades, but it sits out in public (school, work, home) enough to garner attention to aesthetics.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
I remember when I had my first beer

Old 08-16-2010, 07:11 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
The Tenzo wheels aren't a bad choice, but you're 17... so I guess you do have a smaller budget compared to some of us are in our mid-20's to mid-30's. The exception of Tim (Blue Dream) cuz he's like 105.
Get your facts straight beyotch. I'm only pushing mid 90s.

Just wait until you get to be my age, then I'll be the one laughing!!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol leave the painting and ghettoness for the civics and integras.

I think that painting the **** out of everything tells people that "...I can't afford actual mods so this is how I compensate for that" (whether or not it's true).

Nobody will ever make fun of you for having a stock car that's nice, but you'll get made fun of for trying to "look the part".

Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by HavokGT
1) Tint 10 – 15%
2) Blue batmobile GTR opique black rear over lays, M35 eyelids and smoked heads
3) Debadging... leave the MT Fujis
4) Black carpets with black floor mats with red stiching and logos
5) Stock grill flat black with chrome accents.
6) Paint stock calipers red for time being until upgrade
7) Clear side markers
8) LED lighting all around
9) Change all instrumentpanel lights/ac lights/interior lights to red
10) Paint stocks rims bronze/gold for time being plus adding 20 mm spacers for time being
11) Halo front and rear lights, projector kit for headlights.
12) Brushed aluminum dash dress up kit..
13) Custom FOB, flip key
14) Headliner and pillers dyed black
15) A single sub box..
16) Ztube and CAI, pully upgrade, engine tuning, plenum spacer or KINETIX upgrade.
17) Exhaust.. headers back
18) Double Din GPS touchscreenUpgrade the suspension.. Camber kits, sway bars, coilovers and some other goodies
20) Body kit.. K2 front, greddy sideskirts, kenstyle rear or rear diffuser upgrade.
21) Straft speed trunk
22) Door kit.
23) Waiting for someone to come up with paddle shifters for the couples.
I would love number 23, but they have to fix the lag when switching gears...i was reading that the problem is mostly a grounding issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: here me out this may benefit you