G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

here me out this may benefit you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
This thread verges on being comical, some of the changes you listed were a few of the mistakes I made with my first car at 16. Exhaust mods work through out the RPM range....see you learned something/no charge. Here's an , before you do anything attend a few G35 meets in your area that will give you a much better idea of what looks good and at 17 we'll call it part of your education. This way you won't waste your $$ on mods you'll end up disliking in the future and your G35 coupe won't look ghetto.
Gary

Old 08-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look up Works bell for paddle shift kits. they now do a couple of variations where you can choose material and even the distance the paddles sit away from the wheel, so those with big hands dont keep catching them.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
ill have too look into those paddles. I like the ones that come on the newer sedans.. and if theyre stationary and dont flow with the steering wheel, then **** that. you cant downshift while taking a corner in autox.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Worksbell offers both stationary and moving paddles. I prefer stationary myself.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Hey, I loved the red pinstripe on my gold SF-Challenges lol.

Originally Posted by konxeptionz
^^ Dude you and me got very similar taste.

I'll throw in my advice and lets see if we match.

I will applaud you for realizing that performance mods are not a good idea, especially at your age because we don't need you putting your car into a wall. That would be very tragic.

You want your emblems and exhaust red to match your wheels. But your car is silver... you have nothing to contrast anything at all. Plus, at what point did you think silver and red look good? The two colors DO NOT compliment each other at all. You'd be better off matching green and pink.

I would definitely get the projector headlights. One, the light output is so much better then the reflectors. And two, with a silver car, the "chrome" on the light housing will flow into the look of your car so much better.

The Tenzo wheels aren't a bad choice, but you're 17... so I guess you do have a smaller budget compared to some of us are in our mid-20's to mid-30's. The exception of Tim (Blue Dream) cuz he's like 105. But I still wouldn't put a red TA on this wheel either, it mostly goes back to my previous statement. How does red go with a silver car? You didn't specify what silver, but there are really only 2 silver's to choose from (technically, I don't count LP cuz it looks too much like DG to me and I can't tell the fkn difference), and its either Brilliant Silver or Diamond Graphite.

Being 17, you're fuggin lucky you get to drive a G35. I would HIGHLY listen to some of the advice here on the forum, because lets face it.., why do you wanna mod your G at this age? You wanna impress the people at your HS, and I don't fkn blame you. I would do that too if I were your age. But, with your list of mods you wanna do, I promise you that you'll get laughed at when you go to your school. And I know that image is everything to a person in High School.

You won't have a good image with your choice of mods, you'll be known as the kid with the ugly G35 in the parking lot. They won't even know your name, they won't need to... they'll point at you and identify you by your car, and they'll laugh. And then you'll try to spend more of your money fixing the stuff that you already did.

Do it right the first time.

Below are attached images that my friend Kwon (nyckid) did a nasty photochop of. I almost threw up in my mouth a bit looking at my car go from being awesome... to not being awesome.

Edit: And don't take it as we're hating. We're trying to point you in the right direction if you are serious about modding your car. If you don't want to listen to our advice, then that's your choice. Remember that you posted here with some questions and we answered them.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
dude, the discriptions on worksbell usa site doesnt say if they are stationary or rotate with the wheel. looking at the one to be used with the stock steering wheel.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:39 PM
i'm sorry. this thread didn't benefit me at all OP.

maybe change da title 2.... what NOT to do 2 ur G?!?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by tt88supraman
i'm sorry. this thread didn't benefit me at all OP.
I was thinking the same thing after I read it. The only way it would benefit the rest of us is if we steer him in the right direction so he doesnt make everyone think the rest of us G owners are ricers.

Last edited by G2FLIP4; 08-16-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Really, red ****ing exhaust tips?

You coupe guys have it bad in the next few months.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:07 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by Calvin
Hey, I loved the red pinstripe on my gold SF-Challenges lol.
Man I completely forgot that you had those!

Old 08-16-2010, 02:36 PM
haha i dont know what the **** i was thinking im gnna sand off the paint, lower it an inch get the 19" tenzo type m's, jdm taillights (since one of mine is cracked) the 06 heads, and keep it as is thanks guys lmao lets forget that ever happened

Old 08-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No sweat, we just think it's funny because alot of us went through this phase.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by ericlee303
No sweat, we just think it's funny because alot of us went through this phase.
haha yeah my bad, my friends coming over in a lil we gnna debadge it and sand off the paint haha =D

Old 08-16-2010, 02:53 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Sand off what paint? That doesn't sound good at all.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
Sand off what paint? That doesn't sound good at all.
on my exhaust -_- my bad im not sanding it im gnna try paint thinner mabye that will work or any suggestions

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: here me out this may benefit you