G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Infiniti G35 Faces Brake Defect Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Infiniti G35 Faces Brake Defect Lawsuit

I was thinking of buying an 04 coupe very soon but this thread is making me a bit ill
What im hearing is awful and seriously swaying whether or not I buy this car

Is it possible to upgrade the braking system on an AT to Brembos?

Old 10-14-2004, 12:53 AM

Well... i have my G for 15000 miles with no problems yet. I think it must be one of the defect product or his driving style is just too aggressive. Anyhow, most of cars out there will have minor problems like this (the brake on 5AT, or clutch issues on the 6MT), as long as they are willing to do something about it it's all good. In here Canada those are cover by warranty and they will change a new one for you at no charge. I am not sure about US, but i'm pretty sure they'll do the same; anyways, Infiniti Canada has sent us letter 1 yr ago regarding the braking issue and providing solutions for it already.

Old 10-14-2004, 10:06 AM

What blue68 said. The only people who benefit from class actions are the attorneys. We'll get coupons for discount brake jobs and they'll become millionaires from the contingency fees.

'04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Premium.

Old 10-14-2004, 03:20 PM
jury is out

I got one of the intial cars in Nov 02. loaded with the aero and premium wheel package, etc. I have 11k miles on the car which i drive moderately aggressively. I have not noticed any squealing except on occasion while backing up. I'll be in to the dealer within the next week or so and i was planning already to have them check the brakes carefully. I'd agree that if there were a design defect that necessitates premature and frequent replacement, then something needs to be done definitively or replace them for the life of the car as all the owners would have to do.
Online petition? every company relies on repeat buyers

Old 10-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Re: jury is out

ive had my car for 6 months and have 10k miles, they have replaced my brake pads twice and my rotors were turned the first time and they replaced them yesterday.

Stillen Stage 2 Supercharger, Stillen Front Bumper, Stillen Carbon Fiber Hood, Injen SES Cat-back Exhaust, Injen Cold Air Intake, 19" Axis Hiro Anthracite, Clear Corners

Old 10-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Wow this is wild.

I have just under 4k on mine, no problems, but MAN they put out a TON of brakedust, especially the fronts. I think that is a sign of them wearing quickly as well, since that must brake dust must come from the pads and if all of that is no longer on the pads they MUST be wearing down!

I wonder if I can convince them to throw on the brembos if I pay for the calipers or something. =P

Old 10-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Re: Wow this is wild.

Don't act so fast the brembos throw a lot of dust on the wheels too. So what is it guys any consensus? Is it the brake pad material or a rough rotor surface or some other factor? Its pretty well understood that we all have rediculous break dust/wear but has anyone narrowed it down to the actual cause rather than a general statement about the system? So we can get on to an easy no hassle fix, for example new pads, new rotors etc. Ideas?

Old 10-15-2004, 03:10 AM
Head 'n Shoulders

THis is the only thing i hate about my coupe. The sound the brakes make is just unbearable. I have had this sound ever since i hit like 2000 mi. Everytime i go to to the dealer, they say they cannot duplicate the problem. I even had a tech drive with me and I "duplicated" the problem, and he said there was definately an issue, but when i got my car back, nothing was done. on the report it said these words that bug the hell out of me: COULD NOT DUPLICATE PROBLEM. bastard infiniti people. Not to mention my rotors are warped too, but they once again said they couldnt duplicatet he problem: experience heavy vibration in moderate to hard braking. All they did was clean the brake dust. g35 brakes are a p.o.s. its such a hassle with those infiniti people too.

5AT Coupe, Black/ Black, Chrome Wheel/Performance Package, Premium, Aero w/spoiler, Eibach springs, Clear corners, Bat cutout overlays

Old 10-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Seems like the easy way out of any repair for the dealers is to say "Cannot duplicate the problem". Pulled the same crap with my trans. Funny how when you threaten a lawsuit things can magically be duplicated.

2003 BLK/BLK 6MT Injen, clear corners, Eibach sways and springs, tint
My G on a photo shoot. More to come!