G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

White Light Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010 | 06:03 PM
|
Lightbulb White Light Turn Signals

I recently bought 10,000k Halo lights for my '04 G35. I also have 10,000k clearance strips ordered. I'm looking to change my turn signals to white light as well, but I haven't found a place to order turn signals and side markers. If anyone knows where to acquire some I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jared

Old 09-20-2010 | 06:09 PM
Overglorified Altima
PIAA makes some direct replacements, but they're not that white.nim sure there are other direct replacement bulbs, though. But if you plan to use LEDs in the turn signals, you'll need to use resistors to prevent hyper blinking. The side makers use the same bulbs as the clearance strips, so pick up the same bulbs you used for the clearance strips for the side markers.

Old 09-20-2010 | 06:22 PM
|
Thanks a lot, Man! I'll check it out!

Old 09-20-2010 | 07:38 PM
and to change your turn signals, you'll have to open up the deadlight and dremel out the orange plastic.

Old 09-20-2010 | 08:08 PM
Overglorified Altima
Oh yah. Your bulbs are regular halogens. What makes them amber is the orange lens. As mentioned above, you need to drenel that out.

Old 09-20-2010 | 08:36 PM
Are whiturn signals even legal? I'm pretty sure that they need to be yellow.

Old 09-20-2010 | 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by develop1
Are whiturn signals even legal? I'm pretty sure that they need to be yellow.
Depends on the area you live in. Some places are strict on it. Where I live in S.C. law enforcement doesn't care about it. All up to the individual driver though. If they are white they are less strict about it as appose to BLUE anyhow.

Old 09-21-2010 | 04:42 AM
At least I think it is in So Cal. I'm pretty sure it is illegal to have white turn signals. Anybody know for sure?

Old 09-21-2010 | 11:43 AM
Overglorified Altima
Thanks to the CHP's Asian Pacific Islander Outreach Program...

Incorrect color of turn signal. It must be white or yellow to the front, red or yellow to the rear (24953 VC).
http://www.chp.ca.gov/community/streetlegal.html

Old 09-21-2010 | 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by nghiars
and to change your turn signals, you'll have to open up the deadlight and dremel out the orange plastic.
This doesnt apply to the 06 lights though rite. i thought the amber color was coming thru due to the bulb, the lens are clear.

nywys is there any solutions like the chrome coated amber side marker lights. (that appear clear wen off, but amber wen lit up)

Old 09-22-2010 | 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by railer
This doesnt apply to the 06 lights though rite. i thought the amber color was coming thru due to the bulb, the lens are clear.

nywys is there any solutions like the chrome coated amber side marker lights. (that appear clear wen off, but amber wen lit up)
You're right. the '06 turning signals don't have that amber film on the headlights but that little bit of yellow that is still noticeable is from the yellow light bulb. I know this because I just changed mine recently.
I swapped my amber turning signal to an LED amber turning signal. Since there is no yellow on the LED, the inside of the turning signal housing looks clear. It looks great. And with the LED being a low voltage lamp, it blinks quicker. Doesn't really matter, just thought I'd throw that in there.
There are also amber stealth light bulbs. They don't give that yellow look only when they blink. Here:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=ste...=p3286.c0.m359

Old 10-01-2010 | 08:53 PM
|
In Texas they must be a color between amber and white. (According to a forum I found on here citing the specific state law.)

Old 10-04-2010 | 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by develop1
You're right. the '06 turning signals don't have that amber film on the headlights but that little bit of yellow that is still noticeable is from the yellow light bulb. I know this because I just changed mine recently.
I swapped my amber turning signal to an LED amber turning signal. Since there is no yellow on the LED, the inside of the turning signal housing looks clear. It looks great. And with the LED being a low voltage lamp, it blinks quicker. Doesn't really matter, just thought I'd throw that in there.
There are also amber stealth light bulbs. They don't give that yellow look only when they blink. Here:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=ste...=p3286.c0.m359
Which LEDs did u use. ?
Was it difficult in switching the bulb to LED.?
what would you have to do to get the blinking to stay stock (i would think if the blinkers are quicker, it would drive ppl dricing across me mad...lol)
The stealth bulbs, look like the chrome coated ones that appear clear, but light yup yellow...so thats an alternative to LED i guess

Old 10-05-2010 | 03:05 AM
I used these leds:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-...Q5fAccessories

There is no way to keep the blinking to stay stock with leds because since the leds are lower voltage, they tell the car that they don't work any more. By blinking twice as fast, this tells is an alert to the driver to change the bulb, that it is no good anymore. There's no way around keeping the stock blinking with leds. As far as replacing, its very very simple. Just remove your headlight and locate the turning signal bulb from behind the headlight and just replace it with the new led.

Old 10-05-2010 | 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by TurboDreamzG
Depends on the area you live in. Some places are strict on it. Where I live in S.C. law enforcement doesn't care about it. All up to the individual driver though. If they are white they are less strict about it as appose to BLUE anyhow.
Thats def true.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White Light Turn Signals