G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Airing my dirty laundry...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 06:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airing my dirty laundry...

Well today I stooped to a new low. I got off from work early, headed home and detailed the G for the OGOC (Orlando G Owners Club) Friday night meet. After getting the red beauty all shinned up I cleaned myself up and headed out the door. When I pulled up to the traffic light in my newly washed car (top open and windows down) there was a new Honda civic with 4 guys in it right beside me who also were turning left. They were listening to loud music and had their windows down. They turned their music down and one guy made a comment about my car being slow. All 4 guys were looking over at me and trying to give me a hard time about the G. Initially I ignored them, but then I thought… I’ll show these guys…

For some dumb reason I decided to turn off VDC and do a little drift around the corner, straighten up and then blow past these guys (There were 2 left turn lanes, I was on the far right, or outside, lane and the Civic was in the inside turn lane right next to me.) The light changed and I let them go just ahead of me. I accelerated into the turn rather abruptly, but now where near flooring it and OH $HIT! The car just spun around and did a massive 180. The road we were turning onto had 3 lanes. My lane merged into the middle lane of the hwy and the lane the Civic was in merged into the far left lane on the hwy. Fortunately for me I was the first car at the light and when I did the 180 I ended up facing the wrong way while being 100% in my own lane. I hit no one, did no damage to anything other than my fragile ego [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] and quickly did a 3-point turn and pulled into a drug store right by where I did my "trick maneuver" and gathered my thoughts.

I've never done anything so stupid in this car EVER BEFORE. So for those of you who are new to RWD (as I am) and want to try drifting like I did, may I suggest an empty parking lot or anywhere other than a major thorough fare at 5pm in rush hour...

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!

I can only imagine how hard the guys in the Civic were laughing when they saw me "being so cool".

Old 10-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Airing my dirty laundry...

Smooooth......very smooth.
Ha...Ha...Ha.....
It must have been cause you didn't have your new wheels and springs installed yet!

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 10-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

For some dumb reason I decided to turn off VDC

<hr></blockquote>
This is where I knew this story was going south.

Luckily the only thing bruised was your ego. We all do stupid things from time to time; sounds like you learned from your mistake.

Thanks for sharing.

PS - F those guys in the Civic.

Old 10-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

luckily nothing happened to your car or anyone else for that matter... Hey you learn as you go.. that wont happen to you again... lol

Old 10-16-2004, 10:21 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your ego, but the most important thing is that you're ok. If you would like to know what I would have done.... I would just turn to them give them a nice admiring "your crapped civic", give the nod, and just ignore them. Craps like these are just not worth the extra gas your wasting trying to do a drift for. As a matter of fact, I'd bet they made their comment to actually MAKE you do what you did. They just want to see a car like yours take off the line - these are the kind of people who never get what they're looking for, in my book.
But again, no big deal, most important thing is that you're ok.

MY G-ENIE